Stolen 07 STI

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Yeah, at this point you have managed to confuse the living hell out of everyone reading this thread.

So let me get this straight, car is stolen from in front of your GF's house, missing for a day or two, then someone brings it back to the same location that it was stolen from, and is mysteriously missing a suitcase with some of your goods in it?

These guys stole your car so they could transport the suitcase to their home, and then drove the car back to where they stole it hoping that the owner wouldn't have even noticed. All this effort just so they didn't have to steal the suitcase and then walk off with it since they didn't have a car, so they took the car to use it to drop of the case, and then brought back so they wouldnt get charged for Auto theft.

Sounds about right and very common...
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 PM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
^ That is what I got, except I think it was stolen from in front of his gf's house and left somewhere else without his stuff. I guess these thieves don't understand the protocol that if you are just stealing the stuff and not the car you are supposed to put the car back where you stole it from.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
glad its back. its always the last place you check....but um scamming insurance?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 07 STi, 02 F150-FX4, 04 ZX-636, 07 990 SuperDuke
Originally Posted by cracker1252
glad its back. its always the last place you check....but um scamming insurance?
Sounds that way, doesn't it?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:47 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
wtf, none of this makes any sense... what the hell happend...

i'd hate to say it but did the OP just want some attention and got more than they thought or what... none of this **** pieces together right, i dont knwo the op or anything but this whole story smells of bull****... if i am wrong great, not trying to point a finger but...wtf?...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:38 PM

Car Info: 07 Wrx STI... RIP 08 STI
ok here we go.... i had just gone on a cruise with my gf... i was leaving from tulare to come to work in sj... at 450 am i went out to my car which is in my gf's driveway.. i put my suitcase in my trunk and proceeded to get in and start it up... i was sittin there waiting to leave and i realized i forgot my phone inside.. the front door is located 15 ft from my car. i got out and ran inside and got my phone.. my phone was 6 ft inside the door.. the car was backed in the driveway.. as i was walking back out the door.. my car stalled.. i then opened the door as it was being restarted and i was about 8 ft away as the gassed it and drove away... i grabbed the keys to my gf car and chased them but they were out of sight by the time i hit the street i last saw them on... there was a sherrif right there i told them my gf address and what happened and they went there to talk to my gf.. i searched for about 25 min and couldnt find my car anywhere.. went back to the house and filled out a report... at 715am the same day my car was found parked at a church across town.. they had driven 40miles since taking it and all my stuff was gone... wallet, ipod, suitcase.. and they even took my pack of pictures of my gf and i from the cruise... the car was in the same shape it left in.. but all my stuff was gone and they kept my keys... thats the case.. car is back in sj now and hiding..

Lesson learned here- NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
thank you for clearing that up! great lesson too!

EDIT: maybe i should do that with my honda...

ALSOOoo does your GF have a bad ex that stalks her or something? maybe

ps buy a gun.

Last edited by cracker1252; 10-14-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
come to think about it.. i do leave my car running outside sometimes..
Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Yea, thats one thing I never do, leave the car running when I am not right there.

Glad you got it back, but make sure you re-key your car, AND your house, remember they have your address now too.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by air0n'03
come to think about it.. i do leave my car running outside sometimes..
Man, that little mistake will cost you big some day! I know 4 people off the top of my head who have had their cars stolen from doing that same exact thing during the winter. Surprisingly they all live in SJ too... Maybe it's because the theives know that the SJ police cannot and will not engage in any sort of pursuit (high speed chase)
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
****en stupid....either your full of ****? or your into a fraud that went wrong? or you took your car to the wrong shop and still full of ****, sorry bro to come down on you like this but i know the good side of cars and the bad side...
Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Had something similar happen to me with my old car.

Was parked in SF and had my overnight bag in my trunk, my car and 4 others were broken into. They were smashing & grabbing whatever was laying around in the cars. Problem was that my extra set of keys were in the overnight bag.

So they must have taken all of the stuff, went thru it, came back & took my car. It was found about 12 hours later. Wallet, radio, amp, sub, speakers (i.e. the ones inside the door panel & BOLTED to the doors), iPod, owners manual (WTF), battery cover (WTF #2), floormats (WTF #3), garage door opener, rear cargo net/storage bag incl. wheel lock (wtf#4) were all taken. I love how SFPD called me that that found it and said : 'You have to be here in 15min or we're towing it to the impound lot'. Oh and this was on Labor Day weekend when the Bay Bridge was closed, so I had to wait until the following Tuesday (Monday = Holiday) to get the car out of the police impound lot.

I re-keyed/remoted my car, house, and had to install a new garage door opener with remote.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
Wow that sucks, I mean honestly who would think in that brief 2 min someone would attempt to take your car.

I always auto-start my car 5 min before leaving the house but the alarm is still on... I wonder if there will be a day when someone tries to take it only to walk up to a locked door and setting off my proxi sensor.

Hell, even if the doors are unlocked... no keys.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by vik682
Wow that sucks, I mean honestly who would think in that brief 2 min someone would attempt to take your car.

I always auto-start my car 5 min before leaving the house but the alarm is still on... I wonder if there will be a day when someone tries to take it only to walk up to a locked door and setting off my proxi sensor.

Hell, even if the doors are unlocked... no keys.
i turn on my car, and when i take my key out, as long as the car is in neutral, and handbrake up, the car will stay on from 1-9 minutes (blitz tt) and lock the doors and leave my car running...

i do this when i drive to the corner store before going to class to get a drink or something...if someone were to break my window and get in, as soon as the parking brake goes down, the car turns off..
Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi UGM Limited
Originally Posted by slugrx
i turn on my car, and when i take my key out, as long as the car is in neutral, and handbrake up, the car will stay on from 1-9 minutes (blitz tt) and lock the doors and leave my car running...

i do this when i drive to the corner store before going to class to get a drink or something...if someone were to break my window and get in, as soon as the parking brake goes down, the car turns off..
Yeah same here I love my blitz tt makes warming up my car so worry and stress free that she gets warmed up every time I start her.

Quick Reply: Stolen 07 STI