Still want to get a flu-shot?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
i got my flu shot and everything is all good. Sometimes random stuff like this happens. Sad to see because she is beautiful!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I havnt gotten one in like at least 10 years
Old 10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I don't get flu shots. I've already had the swine flu. I'm still alive.

My wife and I have talked about her getting the H1N1 Vaccine and we've decided against it. Well she decided and I support it. For one she's pregnant. For another she's been moved departments and isn't exposed to sick people as often for the moment. My problem with the vaccine is that they are saying it's totally safe, even for pregnant women but I don't see any evidence to prove that.

They are currently testing it but it's already been released and administered. They are assuming because it is similar in nature to the regular flu vaccine that it's fine but they don't truly know. There hasn't been enough time for true testing of this. Long term issues. Etc. I think they need to be more careful with the vaccines, the treatments and the hype. People think this is the worst thing to hit our country since HIV and it's just not that kind of epidemic. It's to the point that every time someone get kind of sick they think they have the swine flu. And doctors are starting to agree when they aren't even testing it. A LOT of these cases are untested. I laugh when people say oh I had the swine flu. I say... o really, how do you know. Because the doctor said so. Did the doctor shove a qtip into your brain? No... oh then you're doctor is full of **** and you probably had the regular flu.

Hell the doctor that I went to see wasn't even gonna test me, didn't bother testing my pregnant wife.

It's kind of silly really. Even if you do get tested by the time they say yeah you have the swine flu, you're either dead or already over it. The testing process takes too long.

Same deal as the regular flu. Just sleep a lot. Take vitamins. Drink MAD fluids and do what you can to keep your temperature down. Mine went over 104.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
104!!! damm how old are you and how did you keep the fever down?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:28 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I'll wait a year or so and check out the problems that arise due to the drug and not H1N1
Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by boxerfxt
104!!! damm how old are you and how did you keep the fever down?

I did the usual. Got uncovered. Drank cold fluids. Took asperin. Ice paks. Etc.

My fever hovered between 102 and 104+ for like 3 or 4 days. was over 100 for 5 or 6. If it was up to my wife I would have went to the hospital after 103 but I'm stubborn.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
The swine flu can't be any worse the the level of illness I felt the day after I got stung by a black widow spider on my knee. I had such a bad fever that tylenol wasn't working too well, I had electric blankets, a sleeping bag, and like 5 blankets on me and I would shiver from the cold (due to high temps, when you have a fever you will feel cold), felt so much pain and really thought I was going to die. in 24 hours my leg was so infected and swollen, I honest to god thought I was going to die due to the amount of pain all over my body... My friends literally came over, carried me out of the house, into a car, and straight to a hospital. They rushed me in ahead of everyone immediately! So I'm not afraid of a little swine flu!

One word of advice though, if you ever get bit by a spider and you think it MIGHT be poisonous, make sure you keep track and research your symptoms and monitor the bite site! just because nothing happens in the first 5 mins doesn't mean it wont happen later! You actually don't die from the venom if bit by a black widow, you die from the symptoms of the illness that it gives you. It's like the flu and getting hit by a truck, and then getting another strain of the flu while having your current flu. So double flu and truck. Not fun at all.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:14 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Yeah, I've had the swine flu, I didn't kill me though. I had a pretty high fever, but it only lasted 1 day. I had to go to the hospital because it triggered a super bad migrane and I was very dehydrated. I only spent like 5 hours in the ER though, 2 bags of fluid and compazine, toradol, and imatrex later I was feeling great!