Still hard from ride in the GST "L" yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRC STi and a Brat
Talking Still hard from ride in the GST "L" yesterday

I just wanted to thank Mike and the GST gang for showing up at Thunderhill and giving rides in the legandary "L". Of course it was nice to have the factory driver Brian Lock at the controls. I had no idea what it felt like to be in a "real race car" until yesterday. You might think you have an idea, but you don't until you experience it first hand. I would love to give Brian some driving tips but he and I already discussed that. By the way no tips were given, only taken from Mr. Lock. We lucked out with the rain as it stopped overnight and the track was dry but cold all day long. Thanks again for the ride along guys. Brian S.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB Sti/05 Titan
Must be a thrill no doubt...but I wonder what type of insurance he has...in case of an accident? Not to take away from the fun...
Old 12-08-2007, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Does Brian Lock drive the Cobb STi too?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:50 PM

Car Info: #93 Koni Challegne Subaru Legacy GT, 96 Impreza L
What a day! It was really fun to see peoples reactions to a couple of laps in the L. It ranged from screaming like a little girl/uncontrolable arm flailing, to tearing up as we rolled down pit lane because the L is just that awesome .

Sometimes with all the pressure at the events that we do, all the time spent taking data and working really hard trying to make sure that we make our fellow Suby owners proud, I forget just how fun this car is to drive. To get a chance to finally share what it feels like to be in the L was great, and I look forward to scary many more GST "L" fans in future events!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:51 PM

Car Info: #93 Koni Challegne Subaru Legacy GT, 96 Impreza L
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Does Brian Lock drive the Cobb STi too?
No my brother Chris Lock has driven the COBB STi in the past. He drove it to a win at Subyfest 2007 and at GTLive at Miller Motorsports Park this year. He was out on track with me Friday giving rides in our Koni Challenge spec Legacy GT.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Lock
No my brother Chris Lock has driven the COBB STi in the past. He drove it to a win at Subyfest 2007 and at GTLive at Miller Motorsports Park this year. He was out on track with me Friday giving rides in our Koni Challenge spec Legacy GT.
Wow thats awesome that both of you get to do that, and its even cooler that I am actually talking to you right now haha I can tell people I've talked to you

I think I watched him drive the Cobb STi at Miller Motorsports on Redline TV one time, pretty cool

Do you guys have a rivalry going with your driving and whatnot?
Old 12-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I want a ride in the L. I want to see how you guys drive it and how it differs from my L in terms of things that were done to the chassis.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by LoanPro
Must be a thrill no doubt...but I wonder what type of insurance he has...in case of an accident? Not to take away from the fun...

I am sure it's all in the paperwork everyone signs when they go to any track event.

-freddie
Old 12-09-2007, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRC STi and a Brat
Paperwork? What paperwork? We don't need not stinking paperwork! All that was required was signing in at the front gate and getting a wrist band. Just for the record I was not the one screaming like a little girl. I forgot to look and see what kind of shifter you guys had in the car. Was it a sequential or a regular old six speed? I was to busy watching the closure rate and some of the fancy footwork, especially going into turn 14. What kind of top speeds were we hitting going into turn one, if you can give out any of your top secret data.

Last edited by STi4WRC; 12-09-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Hey Brian, glad you enjoyed the ride. We certainly had a blast hanging out with everyone and giving out the rides.

Are you doing the January 11th event? We plan to head out there again and do the same thing offering rides in both cars and possibly the MPME Scion tC as well.

Mike
Old 12-09-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Hey Brian, glad you enjoyed the ride. We certainly had a blast hanging out with everyone and giving out the rides.

Are you doing the January 11th event? We plan to head out there again and do the same thing offering rides in both cars and possibly the MPME Scion tC as well.

Mike
I'll be in CA on the 11th! Hope I can make it out and hopefully get a ride woww

Edit: What do you have to do to get a ride?

Last edited by NorCalDC5; 12-09-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5

Edit: What do you have to do to get a ride?
wrong question to the wrong crowd!!! lol

-freddie
Old 12-09-2007, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
wrong question to the wrong crowd!!! lol

-freddie
What? I saw their thread earlier but I don't remember how you get a ride
Old 12-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx, new (to me) 2006 exige, low n slow miata
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports

Mike
Yay! Had to back out of Friday's event, but I'm signed up and set to go on Jan. 11th. Glad to hear you guys will be there. I'm in Group B, so I'll be hanging around and begging a ride when it's your turn to go out
Old 12-10-2007, 10:15 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Here's what you missed

Quick Reply: Still hard from ride in the GST "L" yesterday