STI vs. Evo: Preview

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Still the same comment from me as before on the whole "will you buy an 08 etc." thread. I love my 06 and loved my 04 before I sold it, and will be keeping my 06 as long as it takes for me to afford a used skyline gtr in a few years. I could maybe get used to a new styled sedan STi, and maybe even a "cosworth focus-esque" 3dr hatch STi, but I'm just not a fan of the 5dr thing regardless of possible new brakes, wide fenders, etc. (I can just buy the new front brakes from subaru for my STi).
Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Man I loved tis car when it first showed face, the looks of that STi was exactly how I pictured it would look. It's fawking sweet. Just look at that 3/4 overhead shot... Pure sex...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
OMG think of how cool the SWRT car will be. Oh OH OH ahhhh
Old 04-26-2007, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
boo for my R&T not being here yet
Old 04-26-2007, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
cool pics, crazy cars...
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 98 GC8, 05 FXT, 06 PSD
Originally Posted by CreoWRX
SoA has dropped the Legacy wagon from its lineup for '08+.

-Mike-
Ok, so then there's the B9, which is basically a portly Legacy Wagon. My point is that there are far too many wagons/hatchs/SUV's whatever you want to label them in the Subaru lineup. I really don't see the WRX hatch catching on, look at the road today there are far more WRX sedans, despite the WRX always having a wagon/hatch version available.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, for Subaru's sake, but I think people prefer sporty sedans to sporty wagons.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Wow, that evo looks mean next to that mazda.

I like everythintg except the tame rear end and tribeka shoulder lines. Of course the evo X will beat it on the track. Mitsu isn't afraid to go ***** out. Subaru is trying to hard to please everyone. Suspension won't make the grade...as usual. I could be wrong...
Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
What's everyone up in arms about sedans for? What does it matter?
Because people like choices, I for one like my STI sedan and would not want to trade it in for an STI wagon/hatch. If I want I fast wagon I'll drive my FXT.

If it outguns the current STI, I'm going to want it in whatever body style is offered. Hatches/wagons are more convenient anyway.

There's 4 doors and cargo room. Why does it matter if the cargo goes in a hatch or a sedan. Are people scared that a hatch will make the owner look juvenial? Sedan or not, the STI is a juvenial car so who cares?
That's just you that doesn't care about whether its a wagon or sedan, but I love sporty sedans. Furthermore, I just know that there is a huge segment of current STI/WRX owners who are of similar opinion as I.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 06 GDB dirty white
The cover of R&D, my friend put it best.... ford focussti vs dodge chargerX so sad... so sad....
Old 04-26-2007, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
If I was Subaru (I'd be rich and buy an Evo) and I'd offer the STi as both a wagon and a sedan to see what sells best
Old 04-26-2007, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by MBasile
If I was Subaru (I'd be rich and buy an Evo) and I'd offer the STi as both a wagon and a sedan to see what sells best
Good idea, but isn't that what Subaru did with the WRX from 02-07? It might just be me but I see far more WRX sedans on the road then I do WRX wagons.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch
Wow!! It looks great!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:17 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
I like everythintg except the tame rear end and tribeka shoulder lines. Of course the evo X will beat it on the track. Mitsu isn't afraid to go ***** out. Subaru is trying to hard to please everyone. Suspension won't make the grade...as usual. I could be wrong...
Well, you probably will be wrong.

The Evo X is supposed to be 200lbs heavier than the outgoing model. The STI is suspected to be 50lbs lighter. That's a 250lb swing in favor of the STI. Add the newly found double wishbone rear suspenssion and you might have an all around faster STI. That's assuming they have a very similar power output.

Also, I'm waiting for someone to point out any benifit of having an Impreza sedan over a wagon/hatch?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:00 PM

Also, I'm waiting for someone to point out any benifit of having an Impreza sedan over a wagon/hatch?
One word: Aesthetics. Not everyone likes wagons, and generally speaking performance enthusiasts, at least those that I know, prefer the styling of a sedan. That said, I don't want to turn this into a wagon versus sedan thread as I'm sure there are quite a few on NABISCO and here on i-club.

What I do want to point out is that the WRX has been available in both wagon and sedan versions, and I see far more sedans then wagons. This leads me to be worried about Subaru's bottom line, I mean come on how many wagons/hatchs/SUV's does one car maker need???
Old 04-27-2007, 08:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
That is sweet.
Hopefully they will market that or somethng pretty close to it.

Quick Reply: STI vs. Evo: Preview