STI State Patrol in Denver?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Denver is the new **** Germany.

They just passed a CRAZY law for motorcycles....new db limit...86.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
dude that is the way to stop street racin!!!

i would never guess an sti would be a cop!
the big light bar on top doesn't give it away?

I wish the state had the money to double its police/chp force and make all the new cars unmarked with the grille lights, because I see soooooo many moronic drivers that it isn't even funny.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Denver is the new **** Germany.

They just passed a CRAZY law for motorcycles....new db limit...86.
and I wish they'd do that here
Old 08-23-2007, 12:15 PM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
Originally Posted by MBasile
I wish the state had the money to double its police/chp force and make all the new cars unmarked with the grille lights, because I see soooooo many moronic drivers that it isn't even funny.
I'd agree. You can spot the lights on top of most CHP cars from a looooong ways away. Colorado uses low-profile light bars that make it look like a roof rack...a lot more tricky to spot.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by MBasile
the big light bar on top doesn't give it away?

and I wish they'd do that here

Are you serious? That's rediculous. both of those statements.

1st off...I think the only unmarked police cars should be used for drug/gang task forces and detectives. ALL.....ALL traffic enforcement and local sheriffs should be in marked cars. This is for our safety as well as theirs.

Unmarked traffic enforcement does NOTHING. It doesn't make you slow down or drive more carefully because you don't see them. Honestly...do you drive slower or more aware when you see a marked police car????

As for the motorcycles. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle before? Do you know how many db's STOCK...STOCK motorcycles have?

Take for example a stock harley sportster.....97dbs. Stock Kawi Vulcan 1500...relatively quite bike....92dbs.

All bike made after 1982 have to have a certified exhaust or the stock exhaust. They don't make ANY certified exhausts for a law that just got made and nobody makes stock ones for bikes that old.

It's a law directed at getting bikes out of denver. The mayor has said that strait out. He's a facist.

If you want a facist government move to china. The U.S.A. is not suppose to support fascism.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by rubaCU
I'd agree. You can spot the lights on top of most CHP cars from a looooong ways away. Colorado uses low-profile light bars that make it look like a roof rack...a lot more tricky to spot.
many......many and I think nearly all new chp cars don't have light bars at all anymore. That's low profile enough for me.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Most CHP now use "undercover" strobe systems, wig-wag flashers, dash/deck lights, grille lights, etc. Most no longer use true light bars. This is largely based on both stealth and fuel economy. Light bars are still preferred by local police as they are more visible at off angles, through intersections and so on, and decrease the chances of getting hit.

Even when the CHP does use a bar it's usually one of the super low profile LED bars like the Whelen Liberty and Able2 32.LED49. Not only are these lights very low profile but they look grey/clear when powered down making them even more difficult to spot. I can see why people often mix these bars up with bike racks, etc.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
1st off...I think the only unmarked police cars should be used for drug/gang task forces and detectives. ALL.....ALL traffic enforcement and local sheriffs should be in marked cars. This is for our safety as well as theirs.

Unmarked traffic enforcement does NOTHING. It doesn't make you slow down or drive more carefully because you don't see them. Honestly...do you drive slower or more aware when you see a marked police car????
Explain how an unmarked police car endangers the public and the respective officer or for that matter presents any safety issue at all. You've clearly never been to the Baltimore/D.C. area. Unmarked cop cars are absolutely everywhere. I've seen a Red 03-04 Cobra pull someone over. Every time I want to tear up an on-ramp I remember that. I don't know one person in Maryland that doesn't drive differently because of this. That's probably also why Maryland has one of the lost DUI incident reports per capita than any other state. Unmarked police cars are an integral part of law enforcement as law breakers typically are smart enough not to do it right in front of an officer.

No where in the Constitution does it state a citizen has the right to be able to decern between a police officer and a citizen. All those people that say "if you ask if they're a cop they have to tell you" are full of it. If you're not breaking the law you have nothing to worry about and if you are, you diserve to be caught. Law abiding citizens shouldn't pay the consequences for others desire to be cultural devients.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
ive been followed and pulled over by 2 undercovers and got ticketed once...it sux
Old 08-23-2007, 01:35 PM
General Pimpin'

I'm sorry...with the problems we have with people pretending to be police officers and pulling people over and raping or robbing them there is no way in hell that anywhere near my house I'd pull over to an unmarked car. I live in BFE and to get there I have to drive through watsonville....pretty much gang central.

the marks on a car tell the general public that they are police. this causes people to slow down and be more aware of what's going on around them and when they get pulled over they feel safe.

Just seems to me that the officers are safer and the public feels more comfortable with their safety when the cars are obvious police vehicles.

If California really cared about the public safety they'd spend more money on actual police officers and less on the CHP. But that is another story all together.

I'm talking about CHP vehicles for the most part. They should ALL be marked.

I'm not gonna drive around paranoid that someone in the durango getting on the freeway is gonna pull me over. I will however slow down when I see a MARKED CHP car get on the freeway.

It has nothing to do with the safety of the roads. Unmarked cars are about capital. More tickets. More money.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:36 PM
General Pimpin'

I've seen people pulled over by unmarked durangos, chargers, crown vics, mustangs, camaros, etc. That doesn't make me slow down....black and white sure as hell does.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
It has nothing to do with the safety of the roads. Unmarked cars are about capital. More tickets. More money.
This may be so but the people paying are the law breakers. More importantly however, unmarked cars are about enforcing the law with out discrimination. The people they catch are people doing what they do by their own intrinsic motive. If what they do naturally is break the law they should be broken of that and informed of the standard which they are.

If you don't feel safe pulling over, by all means find a place you do feel safe, that is your right. Any respectable police officer can discriminate between one looking out for their personal safety and otherwise.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx @ stage 2
wow thats hot.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
You guys are all n00bs, and if it hasn't been said already (got through most of the thread but not all...

The car is REAL, but it is NOT a cop car. It was a promotional thing done by the PD. The guy who owns the car is in fact a CO state trooper, and they were using this car as a promotion.

That is all.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by brucelee
You guys are all n00bs, and if it hasn't been said already (got through most of the thread but not all...

The car is REAL, but it is NOT a cop car. It was a promotional thing done by the PD. The guy who owns the car is in fact a CO state trooper, and they were using this car as a promotion.

That is all.
That's why I didn't comment onthe actual car. I remember this going around DAYS ago. it's his own car. I believe there is a HUGE thread on it over on nasioc.