34.18%
Brand new M3 sedan, keep it stock
65.82%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

STi or M3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
M3 has so much more pimp factor. Racking in hoes all day long lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
M3 has so much more pimp factor. Racking in hoes all day long lol.
hells yeah!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:07 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Of course you could also buy a M3 that's a couple of years old and call up Vic Sias for a Electromotive conversion
http://www.siastuning.com/
Old 05-22-2009, 09:09 PM

Car Info: 2004 subaru impreza wrx STi
EDIT: I was mainly thinking about the E46 M3, not the new one... Not sure how much power the new M3 has, but I know an STi can easily obtain that number and beat it.
ehhhhh your gona have to turbo upgrade if you wanna compeate with a new m3... i kno from experience. that v8 in the new m3 is pretty manly... so you better be putting down 350+whp if you wanna be a m3killer

Last edited by l ANTHONY FTW l; 05-22-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 PM

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
An STi into an m3 killer? My friend with a supercharged rsx with 290 to the wheels on blacktrax's dyno gets blown by STOCK m3's from a 40 roll, and this guy has roasted a few STi's already. To get the money to make an STi into an M3 killer, I highly doubt you'd be able to "easily obtain that number and beat it".
Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 PM

I'd rather rake in the hoes!

M3 = Panty dropper.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 PM

Car Info: A stupid R32
If you're going to go there...then toss out a few more snaps for the Audi RS4=Way more pimper and /thread
Old 05-22-2009, 09:21 PM

/thread =)
Old 05-22-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al

/thread =)
EURO TRASH!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 07 STi Limited #359 UGM
I am so sick of people calling m3's girl getters. I for a fact know this, my friend at work has and 04 m3 and I have a 07 wrx. I know for a fact that he gets no chicks with his car, and whatever girls i talk to always ask me about my car and they love the world rally blue btw. Its not always the car either. most m3 owners are a**holes. Old men or punk kids in my experience. The car turns the heads, but the driver has to finish the job and actually not be a douche to get a girl.

+1 for what Brucelee said also!

BTW I vote STI over M3 any day. BMW's have the most ridiculous maintenance I have ever heard of.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
get both a used STi and a used M3 I win!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Why not get an STi and spend much less and still be very happy with it?

If you're looking for luxury, then forget the STi and get the M3 and stay stock and blend in with every other car out there.

If you want something a bit different, something ultra reliable and rugged but still really fast in straight lines and in corners, a mildly modified/tuned STi is the perfect car for you. With the mods I mentioned above, you'll have more hp then most people dream about, and you'll have reliability to go along with it.

I don't understand why people buy STi's and spend 15k worth of mods into it. That's a lot of money, and the more you do to your car the less reliable it becomes. Aftermarket parts have their place, but they were not made to work with the whole car like stock parts are. Aftermarket parts break, and they break way more often then stock parts which is why I suggested getting the already fast STi and doing some mild power mods that deliver a lot of power without compromising the car's reliability and drivability.

The STi with mods and an stock M3 are two totally different cars, and you can make your STi into an M3 killer without much money at all.

What about getting a twin turbo 1 series and modding that? You can make them into a low 12 car pretty easily... you can even get them into the high 11's. Then you have luxury, discreetness, and lots of power and as a bonus, turbo! I'd get a 1 series with mods over an M3 any day.

EDIT: I was mainly thinking about the E46 M3, not the new one... Not sure how much power the new M3 has, but I know an STi can easily obtain that number and beat it.
I already have a wrx past sti specs for the most part. I'm kinda bored with the power and have lost some interest in the car itself. Now seems like a good time to get a new car for a bargain price.

The new E92 M3 has 414 hp and a "stage 2" sti will not beat it in a straight line.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by NorCalSubie07
I am so sick of people calling m3's girl getters. I for a fact know this, my friend at work has and 04 m3 and I have a 07 wrx. I know for a fact that he gets no chicks with his car, and whatever girls i talk to always ask me about my car and they love the world rally blue btw. Its not always the car either. most m3 owners are a**holes. Old men or punk kids in my experience. The car turns the heads, but the driver has to finish the job and actually not be a douche to get a girl.

+1 for what Brucelee said also!

BTW I vote STI over M3 any day. BMW's have the most ridiculous maintenance I have ever heard of.
+1 on the db a-hole thing...but forget about cars getting women for a second...I just want to drive something that makes me happy...I'm a working man, I have driven the new M3, RS4, and other cars that I thought would be fun...but the STi gives me that raw drivers feel. I don't care about my surroundings in the car, I just want to feel it and hear it. I don't want to pay extra for a nice sound system I will never use, I could care less about leather...and as for women...if you think you need a car to make panties drop, then you belong in that Beemer!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by camshaft06
I don't care about my surroundings in the car, I just want to feel it and hear it. I don't want to pay extra for a nice sound system I will never use, I could care less about leather...
Same here, performance comes first over luxury and comfort when it comes to cars. But I also kinda regret dumping so much money into my wrx only to lose interest in it when I could've gotten a new sti for cheaper than what I've put into it in the price of the car and the mods I've put in it.

4 doors, power, and reliability are a requirement so no 2 seater sports cars
Old 05-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 07 STi Limited #359 UGM
Originally Posted by camshaft06
+1 on the db a-hole thing...but forget about cars getting women for a second...I just want to drive something that makes me happy...I'm a working man, I have driven the new M3, RS4, and other cars that I thought would be fun...but the STi gives me that raw drivers feel. I don't care about my surroundings in the car, I just want to feel it and hear it. I don't want to pay extra for a nice sound system I will never use, I could care less about leather...and as for women...if you think you need a car to make panties drop, then you belong in that Beemer!
exactly! Also I catch myself walking away from my car when I park and watching it as I walk away. When i go more than a day with out driving it, it feels like a havn't eatin in a day. Im just addicited to subies, but its an addiction that i will never try to stop

Quick Reply: STi or M3?