STI Launch Party - San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:44 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB Sti/05 Titan
I totally forgot...I thought it was today Glad you all had fun. Anything free is always good.

*I like the new Sti as well, cept fo the tail lights.. Altezzas??
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
i'm so glad so few people showed up... it gave me more gokart time! but, wow... my arms got a hell of a workout. and, we need to have more meets there!

the tail lights on the new STI are FUGLY. plenty of sitting and head space in the rear. i really like the material the seats were made of. i am not a fan of the front end that much.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Next they should hire ME to organize this event, instead of 50 people showing up, I'll bring 350 people and that's with little notice! If we had a lot of notice to hype the event up and had a list of folks who are going which would make other users want to go since we're all friends in one way or another.

Yeah. SOA sucks at holding events and promoting their cars... The only decent event that they do is the rim of the world rally, and that's not just because of SOA, it's because there is a rally there and our friends are the ones who race... so we go to support GST and Neil, etc... When I emailed SOA about 30 times last year in regards for them showing up at hammy (for free!) and giving them the oppertunity to do their thing, they didn't return a single one of my emails I pretty much lost all faith and hope in SOA since that happened.
If it was a smaller event like UCKK I can understand them not wanting to be part of it since it's just some small meet... But Mt Hammy!!? It is THE biggest meet in CA and one of the biggest in the nation (it's in the top 3 I believe... maybe top 4)... Sucks.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by not12listen
i'm so glad so few people showed up... it gave me more gokart time! but, wow... my arms got a hell of a workout. and, we need to have more meets there!

the tail lights on the new STI are FUGLY. plenty of sitting and head space in the rear. i really like the material the seats were made of. i am not a fan of the front end that much.
Hey, are the tail lights true LEDs, or is it a bulb with reflectors that are shaped to look like LEDs? You can't really tell from the pics so I figure since you saw it in person you could tell me... or anyone that saw it in person, anyone know?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
looks pretty sweet. it is growing on me a little bit, but its still ugly. o well looks like you guys had fun
Old 11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by brucelee
Hey, are the tail lights true LEDs, or is it a bulb with reflectors that are shaped to look like LEDs? You can't really tell from the pics so I figure since you saw it in person you could tell me... or anyone that saw it in person, anyone know?
they are LED's
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

the selling points for me:

* window frame
* rear wiper
* RED paint...
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
the selling points for me:

* window frame
* rear wiper
* RED paint...
I always knew you were a commie!

What's the big deal about a rear wiper anyway? That's something I wouldn't even want on my car if I could choose to have it or not. Just one more thing to break/replace, and when your window breaks = $$$! The window frame will be nice because it reduces outside noise, but I like the frameless windows because the frame doesn't get in the way like it does with the framed doors. You know what I mean about that?

Aaron, thanks for the info... It's actually quite surprising that Subaru would use real LEDs in their tail lights because real LEDs are usually found only in higher end cars because it's more costly to use LEDs and design them to work as a tail light than it is to use a standard bulb that reflects off a fake LED reflector. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm a little surprised that Subaru added LEDs for the new Impreza as they usually skimp out on little things like that.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I really need to see pics of the '08 STI engine compartment and suspension. Interior/exterior is okay. Thanks for posting the pics. I figured SOA would not permit pics of the engine bay at this time.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 85 MR2 & 89 Alltrac Camry
No it was opened later on that night. They even started it up. Not the best picture but, hard to keep the camera from shaking when you're freezing.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally Posted by Sandra
No it was opened later on that night. They even started it up.
Thank you for posting that pic.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:43 PM

In this picture, notice the reflector looking thing on the fender to the left of the wheel... What is that? Just a reflector? Or is it another blinker so your have two side blinkers (mirror and side marker blinker)... Why so many blinkers? I guess it is safer and with that many blinkers there's no way someone is not going to see your blinker. Pretty cool actually now that I think about it.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB Sti/05 Titan
Originally Posted by Sandra
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Century Gothic"] Not the best picture but, hard to keep the camera from shaking when you're freezing.
haha...Y r u always cold Sandra??! Tru SoCali girl
Old 11-18-2007, 08:50 PM

Car Info: Betty
everything on the 08 sti feels more luxurious...and soft. im glad i got my 07 instead.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah. SOA sucks at holding events and promoting their cars... The only decent event that they do is the rim of the world rally, and that's not just because of SOA, it's because there is a rally there and our friends are the ones who race... so we go to support GST and Neil, etc... When I emailed SOA about 30 times last year in regards for them showing up at hammy (for free!) and giving them the oppertunity to do their thing, they didn't return a single one of my emails I pretty much lost all faith and hope in SOA since that happened.
If it was a smaller event like UCKK I can understand them not wanting to be part of it since it's just some small meet... But Mt Hammy!!? It is THE biggest meet in CA and one of the biggest in the nation (it's in the top 3 I believe... maybe top 4)... Sucks.
That does suck.

Quick Reply: STI Launch Party - San Francisco