Stevens Creek subaru WTF is going on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Car Info: wrx
I looked at the same car 2 weeks ago. I also could not believe the price. I asked the salesman about the price and he said that they were so popular they are asking high prices and are not willing to negotiate. So I purchased one from craigslist.
I also went to a couple other dealers on Stevens Creek and non of the sales guys paid me any attention!! I was even going to pay with cash.

Originally Posted by DabiDa
So i just thought i would post this for anyone interested in a used subaru and was hitting up the local dealerships.So i will be graduating soon and since i work as well thought i could treat myself with getting into a used Sti or new wrx.

My first stop was stevens creek subaru i have been there before and was giving the most BS so deal walked away,Since it has been some time(2 years) thought i would check out a used red 2008 hatch Sti,Now here is what amazed me and why i will never purchase a vehicle from stevens creek subaru..

Car 2008 Sti with 82k miles asking was 30k
From the outside and online car looked to be ok but when i got on the lot OMG!
so lets start with outside car most pretty decent has a few years would expect some rash,curb marks,scratches etc..So got the key to open it up now was i in for a shocker!! The vent on the driver side left of the wheel was trashed fell inside the dash,the middle console & passenger side grey part had a half peeled cf look sticker with scuffs all over it, e brake console section was trashed and stained.I then went to grab the door and notice the panel was about to fall off with lots of deep scuffs as well.Check the rear seat area same with the panels and missing head rest.after that small look i decided that i better just walk away very disappointed with how a caompany can sell a trashed car and to ask that kind of cash for it is just WOW!!If the car is still on the lot i will sneak and take pics..Also i know chevy is not subaru but went to chevy on stevens creek aswell a 07 Sti for 24k and not one person sayed hi or asked to help?? What is going on with people now days guess i will be doing another private buy

Found it this must have been when they washed it lol..Link keeps saying no longer for sale but when go to autotrader it pops up

AutoTrader.com[SUB[IMPWRX[]][]]&listingId=345972546&Log=0
Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 AM

Car Info: 2013 Subaru WRX
Got mine at serramonte subaru. Nice people, was approached instantly at the lot looking for a hatch. Ended up leaving with a sedan!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
FWIW, I have picked up parts at Steven's Creek and found the employees to be nice enough.

I've also bought a few things at Capitol Subaru, and if nothing else, the parts guy I spoke to was super nice, and actually remembered me when I came back a few days later to pick up my parts.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
@ xhengmanx Im not exactly sure what i want but here is what im looking at as options 08 Sti hatch or new sedan but if i was to find a Sti 05/06/07 with around 60/70k miles and was a hell of deal i would def check it out.Im just worried about a used Sti because some people just have no respect for them when its just going to be traded in.Right now i have a 02 bugeye sedan and love it but would really like to get into something with less miles that i wont have to rebuild.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
What about a special edition sti?!!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
What about a special edition sti?!!
ERMAHGERD DID I HEAR SPEC-C WITH HOOD SPACERS?!?!?!

hehehehe
Old 06-09-2013, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Heedz

ERMAHGERD DID I HEAR SPEC-C WITH HOOD SPACERS?!?!?!

hehehehe
Yes you did.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:31 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX, '13 STi
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Anyway if you want an sti call larry fung at carlsen he could get you a new one for that price.
+1 for Larry Fung. He's very easy to work with and he very straight to the point. No BS trying to tell you stuff you don't need.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Thanks for all the help guys i will swing by capitol & Carlsen sat and see if anything catches my eye.