Stevens Creek subaru WTF is going on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Jaytron
Is there a "good" place to get OEM parts then?
Depends on what you want. Some things end up being cheaper from different dealers. I go between Capitol and Stevens Creek because Capitol usually has slightly lower prices, but some things are cheaper online even with shipping. SubaruGenuineParts.com
Old 06-04-2013, 10:32 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX Wagon Limited
Go to Capitol Subaru down at the capitol auto mall. They'll take care of you.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
I find it interesting everyone has issues with Stevens Creek, I probably one of the few with good experiences. I got my brand new 2008 WRX Sedan at Stevens Creek in early 2009 for 17k (during the bank crisis). And I helped get my Mother and Aunt to get 2011 Outbacks at a great price as well. I always deal with a sales rep named Cash he always helps me out.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:52 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by 04GG
Depends on what you want. Some things end up being cheaper from different dealers. I go between Capitol and Stevens Creek because Capitol usually has slightly lower prices, but some things are cheaper online even with shipping. SubaruGenuineParts.com
You can get an i-club discount from Stevens Creek. It's 10% which is the same pricing as SGP.

I'll take some blame for the ****ty sales service at Stevens Creek. I got in there for parts every now and again and I'll always be approached by someone (usually a new young guy, the old guys know better) and I'll just **** with them.

For example, last time:

Sales guy: Nice Subie you have there, looking to get another?
Me: Ehh, kinda. You have any BRZs?
Sales guy: Ummm.... I think we have one.
Me: Really? And it isn't already spoken for?
Sales guy: Yep.
Me: Hmm... What color is it?
Sales guy: Ummw... It's blue!
Me: Aww, ****, that's too bad.
[Continue to walk to the parts department]

FWIW, I usualy wear jeans and a T-shirt and I pull up in this;

Name:  9TlI0kIl.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  42.6 KB

The car is usually clean and the loud exhaust kinda makes a scene...
Old 06-04-2013, 11:57 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Originally Posted by Imprezard
I find it interesting everyone has issues with Stevens Creek, I probably one of the few with good experiences. I got my brand new 2008 WRX Sedan at Stevens Creek in early 2009 for 17k (during the bank crisis). And I helped get my Mother and Aunt to get 2011 Outbacks at a great price as well. I always deal with a sales rep named Cash he always helps me out.
Same. I got a pretty good deal and pleasant experience with my car late in '09. I happened to go to Capitol a few days before and was disappointed. I tried to get and deal and they straight up told me to go to Stevens Creek. So I did. And this was just after I watched one of their salesmen fill up a WRX Premium with 87 gas during our test drive.

The icing on the cake was going to Capitol to check out a car that was listed in their inventory only to be unable to find it on the lot.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

For example, last time:

Sales guy: Nice Subie you have there, looking to get another?
Me: Ehh, kinda. You have any BRZs?
Sales guy: Ummm.... I think we have one.
Me: Really? And it isn't already spoken for?
Sales guy: Yep.
Me: Hmm... What color is it?
Sales guy: Ummw... It's blue!
Me: Aww, ****, that's too bad.
[Continue to walk to the parts department]

FWIW, I usualy wear jeans and a T-shirt and I pull up in this;

The car is usually clean and the loud exhaust kinda makes a scene...
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB GGA
Same. I got a pretty good deal and pleasant experience with my car late in '09. I happened to go to Capitol a few days before and was disappointed. I tried to get and deal and they straight up told me to go to Stevens Creek. So I did. And this was just after I watched one of their salesmen fill up a WRX Premium with 87 gas during our test drive.

The icing on the cake was going to Capitol to check out a car that was listed in their inventory only to be unable to find it on the lot.
Does Capitol not have the discount?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Originally Posted by Jaytron
Does Capitol not have the discount?
I think they also do 10%.

As far as appearances and what salesmen look for. Showing up alone and in a nice car probably doesn't seem attractive to them unless they think the car will make a good trade-in.

First off, if I pull up by myself and buy a car, how will I take two cars home? I can take one now and come back and pick up the other later. But it's a hassle. If I trade-in the car I came in, it's super convenient. But if I roll up in a $50k Audi, why would I trade that for a $40k STi?

But if you roll up in a fairly new Subaru. But one that's old enough that it could be paid-off. And the car is in nice shape (clean) then it looks like something that would make a good down payment and that would be easy to sell later.

Alternatively, show up with a friend. 2 people in 1 car. It shows them and you've got an extra person to drive a new car off the lot.

I think the clothes are a toss up. I don't believe that typical Subaru owners dress super nice all the time, so a perspective owner wouldn't either. But there is a Subaru for everyone.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 06-05-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:41 AM

Car Info: Fast
FYI SubaruGenuineParts.com and SubaruParts.com, which I prefer due to better service and frequent 15% off deals, sell at around 20-22% of retail. Not 10% off. Their new systems have a crappy auto shipping which is unrealistically expensive, but you can often call and get better shipping ratesZ
Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
You can get an i-club discount from Stevens Creek. It's 10% which is the same pricing as SGP.
I've bought many things of SGP that were less than the 10% discount at Stevens Creek. Capitol's pricing tends to already be 10% less than Stevens Creek for most things and they will still give you the 10% on top of that. I'd wager Stevens Creek has higher volume than Capitol on cars, so they can swing better deals.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Steven's Creek is a joke, Capitol is worse. Santa Cruz and Carsen are the place to be, everyone at Santa Cruz is polite, respectful, and easy to work with. I recommend everyone to them.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
I have heard serramonte Subaru is not bad
Old 06-05-2013, 11:28 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I think they also do 10%.

As far as appearances and what salesmen look for. Showing up alone and in a nice car probably doesn't seem attractive to them unless they think the car will make a good trade-in.

First off, if I pull up by myself and buy a car, how will I take two cars home? I can take one now and come back and pick up the other later. But it's a hassle. If I trade-in the car I came in, it's super convenient. But if I roll up in a $50k Audi, why would I trade that for a $40k STi?

But if you roll up in a fairly new Subaru. But one that's old enough that it could be paid-off. And the car is in nice shape (clean) then it looks like something that would make a good down payment and that would be easy to sell later.

Alternatively, show up with a friend. 2 people in 1 car. It shows them and you've got an extra person to drive a new car off the lot.

I think the clothes are a toss up. I don't believe that typical Subaru owners dress super nice all the time, so a perspective owner wouldn't either. But there is a Subaru for everyone.

+1 to showing up in a car that could be a trade in. I couldn't believe how many salesmen were salivating over my bugeye when I was driving my friend around while he was looking to buy a new WRX. That didn't stop Steven's Creek salesmen to insult my seat position and try to teach me that Germans are the best drivers in the world, I HAVE to listen to what they say. (all this coming from a middle eastern dude too)

FWIW, in the past few years, both my friend and my parents have bought Subarus at Livermore Subaru. I haven't had the best experience with them, but that was mainly their service dept.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:05 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Search my post history. I had a great experience with them.

Unfortunately, the last few times I went in there, the dyed-hair and tattooed girl who was their Customer Relations person didn't seem to be around. She really took care of me and was super responsive. If they let her go, they made a huge mistake. She was rad and seemed to be helping them get back on the up-and-up.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:46 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by Blazingbuda40
I have heard serramonte Subaru is not bad
Yeah, their PartsRep's a pretty funnay guy. Sociable and a bit hyperactive.

*So by everyone's logic the fact I own my house, show up in a Forester to locations, and usually with a kid and a pregnant wife does that mean...

..the sale's guys are completely doing it wrong and should have been pushing me into a Tribeca?

Last edited by TheFozz; 06-06-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek subaru WTF is going on?