Stevens Creek subaru WTF is going on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Stevens Creek subaru WTF is going on?

So i just thought i would post this for anyone interested in a used subaru and was hitting up the local dealerships.So i will be graduating soon and since i work as well thought i could treat myself with getting into a used Sti or new wrx.

My first stop was stevens creek subaru i have been there before and was giving the most BS so deal walked away,Since it has been some time(2 years) thought i would check out a used red 2008 hatch Sti,Now here is what amazed me and why i will never purchase a vehicle from stevens creek subaru..

Car 2008 Sti with 82k miles asking was 30k
From the outside and online car looked to be ok but when i got on the lot OMG!
so lets start with outside car most pretty decent has a few years would expect some rash,curb marks,scratches etc..So got the key to open it up now was i in for a shocker!! The vent on the driver side left of the wheel was trashed fell inside the dash,the middle console & passenger side grey part had a half peeled cf look sticker with scuffs all over it, e brake console section was trashed and stained.I then went to grab the door and notice the panel was about to fall off with lots of deep scuffs as well.Check the rear seat area same with the panels and missing head rest.after that small look i decided that i better just walk away very disappointed with how a caompany can sell a trashed car and to ask that kind of cash for it is just WOW!!If the car is still on the lot i will sneak and take pics..Also i know chevy is not subaru but went to chevy on stevens creek aswell a 07 Sti for 24k and not one person sayed hi or asked to help?? What is going on with people now days guess i will be doing another private buy

Found it this must have been when they washed it lol..Link keeps saying no longer for sale but when go to autotrader it pops up

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Radius=75&mmt=[SUB[IMPWRX[]][]]&listingId=345972546&Log=0

Last edited by DabiDa; 06-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:50 PM

yeah they really have their heads up their asses. The funny thing is the 08 didn't sell well so they had a 7,000 off msrp where you could buy one for 28k new.

Anyway if you want an sti call larry fung at carlsen he could get you a new one for that price.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Dress nice, and look important. Make sure you drive-up in a car that is nicer than the car you're looking at. Make sure the sales guy sees you in it, forget something (camera) before you look at the car and bring the salesman to retrieve (the camera). Gives you buying power because now the car you're interested in isn't an upgrade from what you have, its just an extra car that you don't really need.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB GGA
Protip: The lady I bought my car from said she got her new one from some dealership in Ohio. They gave her a wRX for 21 or 22k out the door. Only paid $700 to ship it. Call around. I forgot what dealership, but it was a big one that apparently got a bulk discount from Subaru because they push so many cars out.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Jaytron
Protip: The lady I bought my car from said she got her new one from some dealership in Ohio. They gave her a wRX for 21 or 22k out the door. Only paid $700 to ship it. Call around. I forgot what dealership, but it was a big one that apparently got a bulk discount from Subaru because they push so many cars out.
That would likely be because many Subarus are built back east also... Indiana?

Last edited by 04GG; 06-04-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Originally Posted by jdblock
Dress nice, and look important. Make sure you drive-up in a car that is nicer than the car you're looking at. Make sure the sales guy sees you in it, forget something (camera) before you look at the car and bring the salesman to retrieve (the camera). Gives you buying power because now the car you're interested in isn't an upgrade from what you have, its just an extra car that you don't really need.

When i was first in the market for a wrx i had 10k cash i went to stevens creek,capitol and Carlsen that slow04wrx mentioned i pulled up in my wifes 2009 Acura Mdx was dressed in work clothes (property management manager)
And not one person asked me for help or said hi..I will check out out state lots as i used to live in Kansas City Missouri..Thanks for the tips and it is buyer beware because even lots sell trash
Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by Jaytron
Only paid $700 to ship it. Call around. I forgot what dealership, but it was a big one that apparently got a bulk discount from Subaru because they push so many cars out.
I [think] I know said lady, I remember a gal saying Bob Moore out of Edmond/Oklahoma City. I also saw [her friends's?] Forester today when she got me the info on the pet barrier she got from them so we can get those for our customers.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by DabiDa
When i was first in the market for a wrx i had 10k cash i went to stevens creek,capitol and Carlsen that slow04wrx mentioned i pulled up in my wifes 2009 Acura Mdx was dressed in work clothes (property management manager)
And not one person asked me for help or said hi..I will check out out state lots as i used to live in Kansas City Missouri..Thanks for the tips and it is buyer beware because even lots sell trash
Same. I had 8.5k cash, and nobody came to greet me when I showed up. Even as I walked around the lot for a bit. So I bought from craigslist. Stealerships are dumb.

Originally Posted by TheFozz
I [think] I know said lady, I remember a gal saying Bob Moore out of Edmond/Oklahoma City. I also saw [her friends's?] Forester today when she got me the info on the pet barrier she got from them so we can get those for our customers.
Did she recently sell a WRB Wagon? :P
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Let me know if you want new. I work as a tech a capitol but can generally get iclubbers really great deal on new or used cars
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

I'll just leave this here too

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...-wrong-109552/
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by 04GG
There's an old train-wreck to bump. Ahhh, one of the only reasons I ever dealt with them, in all honesty, was because of how solid Ryan treated us during his time there.

I gotta call up Mazda or email him and see how he's doing.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Ryan was practically all they had going for them. The parts department has always been good to me there though, so I won't complain about them at all.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
Is there a "good" place to get OEM parts then?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
the vehicle you enter in will be a big thing to them. When i approached dealers in my STi, salesman would approach me instantly, but now that I sold the STi and im just driving my dads camry, they dont even look at me lol.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by bkblitzed
the vehicle you enter in will be a big thing to them. When i approached dealers in my STi, salesman would approach me instantly, but now that I sold the STi and im just driving my dads camry, they dont even look at me lol.
Ah, I went in my gf's corolla cause my car was totaled. HAHA Oh well, their loss.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek subaru WTF is going on?