Spun out in Bear Valley

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Spun out in Bear Valley

Damn the RE92's!!!

Did a 180 on Highway 4 right past Bear Valley. Thank god no one was around. Damn the OE Bridgestones. Actually, damn my cheap *** for not buying new tires...I was hoping to last one more snowboarding season. Anyhow, recommendations for some local milpitas/sunnyvale tire shops? I'm looking at the Kumho Ecsta ASX or Pirelli's. Also any opinions on Continental Extremecontacts?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:33 AM
edy

Car Info: 07 Urban Gray STI
Pacific Tire Outlet in Milpitas. I've gone there for years. The owner is pretty cool and they've always had good prices. (408) 946-6828
Old 02-12-2007, 12:37 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Damn the RE92's!!!

Did a 180 on Highway 4 right past Bear Valley. Thank god no one was around. Damn the OE Bridgestones. Actually, damn my cheap *** for not buying new tires...I was hoping to last one more snowboarding season. Anyhow, recommendations for some local milpitas/sunnyvale tire shops? I'm looking at the Kumho Ecsta ASX or Pirelli's. Also any opinions on Continental Extremecontacts?

i'm running conti extremecontacts.. love them.

picked them up @ america's tire co off brokaw. nice pricing. i dont recommend p-zero nero's anymore.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:40 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
+1 for pacific tire outlet too. great fellas. i just got better pricing on my tires @ america's tire co though. heh.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I get my tires through tirerack.com

even with shipping and installation charges (America Tire/Discount Tire includes installation in the price of the tires) I still save about $50
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 AM

Car Info: Audi B6 S4
Originally Posted by x002x
+1 for pacific tire outlet too. great fellas. i just got better pricing on my tires @ america's tire co though. heh.
Dhan LOOOOVESs pacific tire outlet.

on a side note, how much tread was left on your re-92? I just got some new ones and planning on using them for tahoe...
Old 02-12-2007, 09:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I ordered mine online and had them mounted at wheelworks...free rotation for life.

bear valley???? jeff cliff and I were up there this weekend? How could you miss our wagons???

I spun out a few times at bear valley myself but it was purely intentional. I did almost put it in the bank once though.

I run toyo proxe 4's and am happy with them thus far.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I ordered mine online and had them mounted at wheelworks...free rotation for life.

bear valley???? jeff cliff and I were up there this weekend? How could you miss our wagons???

I spun out a few times at bear valley myself but it was purely intentional. I did almost put it in the bank once though.

I run toyo proxe 4's and am happy with them thus far.
I didn't board so I didn't make it all the way to the lifts I just took my family sledding and to play in the snow.

Anyways, to answer a previous question...There was only about 1/12th tread in the back and double that in the front.

BTW...thanks guys...I gotta check out that place in Milpitas.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Hey, I haev the Kumho Escta ASX, and they are pretty good in rain and snow, and in dry, well they are nothing compared to the stiff RE070's, but good enough. I was running a moutain run and had a bit of understeer but probably driver error. Oh, American Tire Co is awesome (well the one I went to), they have great customer service, and if you want cheap cheap tires, try http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do They are American Tire Co's direct source. If you buy off this place, you can get the same price for mount and balance as if you bought it from American Tire Co stores, which is discounted. I got them for 451 OTD price I think, mount, balanced and taxed with tire disposal.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 AM

skyline,

how's the road noise on the ASX? Also, the ride quality? I'm not too concerned about the performance aspect...although I definitely don't want some super mushy "touring" tires. The Kumho seem like a good compromise for a family car with some spirited driving...whaddya think?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
It is great, road noise...well, I didnt notice a huge difference with the stock STi tires, the car is already kind of loud (sucky sound deadening). It would be great for a family car and spirited driving, I do a few spirited drives and I think they've handled well. Good for snow and rain too (I just drove 431 this weekend in a BLIZZARD with zero visibility and felt pretty good). I looked up this tire for a while and I thikn most people agree they are great. Not as expensive as the other all seasons either. Ride quality, I think it was a little softer than the stock sti, again re070's were pretty stiff. Compared to the RE92, I'm thinking it's the same. As compared to the Pirelli Nero Zero or whatever thats called, I thikn people have said they perform a little better than the ASX's but price difference is big. If price is your concern, ASX is great, if it's the "better" tire, of course you get what you pay for and Pirelli's would be the way to go.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Damn the RE92's!!!
Someone is going to post it sooner or later so I may as well be the one...

-Chris
Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM

no doubt...it was definitely my fault. i even said so in my post. I should have check the treads before I left. plus the conditions were beyond what was suitable for most tires...in that it had rained all day, then started to freeze. Moreover, I was likely driving too fast...should have slowed it down to around 15mph instead of staying at 30mph. So ummm...i guess i don't understand the point of your post

btw, i've been using the RE92's for 4 snow seasons now. I actually like them a lot.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:58 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
btw, i've been using the RE92's for 4 snow seasons now. I actually like them a lot.
Try some new tires and see if you want to retract that last statement.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
no doubt...it was definitely my fault. i even said so in my post. I should have check the treads before I left. plus the conditions were beyond what was suitable for most tires...in that it had rained all day, then started to freeze. Moreover, I was likely driving too fast...should have slowed it down to around 15mph instead of staying at 30mph. So ummm...i guess i don't understand the point of your post

It's a rool that any time re92's and spinning are mentioned in the same post that thw Skapegoat picture must be posted.

Quick Reply: Spun out in Bear Valley