Sparco EVO 2 STi video as promised (Video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Sparco EVO 2 STi video as promised (Video inside)

As promised, sorry I didn't get this out earlier but my flip camera was dead so I had to charge it which is why I don't have the installation documented which was the whole point of video taping it...

Don't worry though, if you plan on getting a seat and installing it yourself, it's very simple and requires 4 bolts that mount into the car's floor (can sometimes be a bit tricky to line up the holes properly so be patient), and there's one bolt that attaches the female seatbelt module to the side of the seat and that's it. If you're swapping your stock seats for JDM STi seats or something that orginally came from a subaru, it's a TOTAL piece of cake and really couldn't be any easier, each seat takes about 7 mins tops.

If you plan on getting an aftermarket seat like I did, it is a little trickier. No seat will ever come with instructions since they want a pro to install the seat for liability reasons, but it's usually pretty straight forward. The only reason I had good old GST customize my mount is because the mounts were created for the JDM population and anyone over 6'1 is SOL, but I couldn't return them and I didn't want to take a huge hit ($$$) so I just had Tommy do his magic on the mount and rails, so he mated a recaro bottom mount + sliders with Sparco side mounts which attach to the rails, he basically added about 6" of sliding room so when the seat is fully back, even I can't reach the pedals which is pretty damn funny, so you could be 7'4 and still be able to drive my subie... If you're shorter then 6'2 however you might have some issues... Which I think is great, now short people can't steal my car!

Anyway, here's the video with some clear shots of the seat and how it looks inside the car. It's a vast improvement in every single aspect and I absolutely love it. I put a good 150 miles on it today on various roads and it's amazing how effortless corner taking is now! No more leaning all over the place and trying to hold on to the steering wheel for dear life, all you do is sit there normally and the seat just cradles you while cornering so you can focus on driving rather then holding on.

VIDEO IS HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwbzkDTFPIk

(pardon my demonic voice, aftermath of the surgery)

Huge props to GST motorsports for fixing a mistake that another vendor did (Sold me the wrong mount, and sent me the JDM version instead of the USDM version and they wouldn't take it back after I called them and complained... Seems as though GST gets A LOT of business correcting other people's f' ups... It's pretty funny actually. Thank you Mike, Tommy, and Keith! You guys rock and I know I can ALWAYS count on you... You guys have yet to fail me in any sense, shape, or form. Bravo guys.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:21 AM

Car Info: On 2 wheels
Looks clean, glad too see the options out there as im in the same boat. 6'4 and always have issues with seats.

Grats
Old 08-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Awesome glad it worked out for you mate!

Mike
Old 08-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Hey Daniel, when did you want to go on that lunch?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I finally figured out who you reminded me of!

Originally Posted by brucelee

VIDEO IS HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwbzkDTFPIk

(pardon my demonic voice, aftermath of the surgery)
Old 08-02-2009, 07:14 PM

^^^^

Hhahah, I used to get that a lot... My sister would even call me "Ross" sometimes... People say not only just the appearance and voice, but my personality as well since I'm a big goof ball in real life and joke about everything. That's funny that you think so too...
Old 08-02-2009, 07:22 PM

Only downside to this seat that I can possibly think of is the fact that it's a bit difficult to get out of the car. The lower bolsters are so supportive that it's a bit awkward to get out once you're in, but no big deal. I can see how some people would hate that though.

Also, it's really hard to steal my car now since you have to be AT LEAST 6'2 and pretty slim to fit in the seat and reach the pedals. Two of my friends failed and couldn't fit into the seat due to their weight... They make seats for bigger folks, but I'm really tall so I'm kinda stretched out which allows me to fit in width wise, and at the closest setting you have to be about 6'2 to reach the pedals. I would love to watch some short fat guy try to steal my car!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ballz
Hey Daniel, when did you want to go on that lunch?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:24 PM

^^^^

Hhahah, I used to get that a lot... My sister would even call me "Ross" sometimes... People say not only just the appearance and voice, but my personality as well since I'm a big goof ball in real life and joke about everything. That's funny that you think so too...

What about that lunch?!?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:28 PM

What about that lunch?!?
I take it that you're referring to some obscure "Friends" quote, but I don't really watch that show so I don't know what you're talking about.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 PM

I take it that you're referring to some obscure "Friends" quote, but I don't really watch that show so I don't know what you're talking about.

No, I'm not referring to some obscure "FRIEND'S" quote. In a pm I sent to you awhile back, I asked about lunch, and you said yea sure, so I am wondering when you would like to go do this?? Maybe Los Altos Delicatessen?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
you said in the vid "see you guys next Sat"
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM

No, I'm not referring to some obscure "FRIEND'S" quote. In a pm I sent to you awhile back, I asked about lunch, and you said yea sure, so I am wondering when you would like to go do this?? Maybe Los Altos Delicatessen?
I don't think so, please see your PMs.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
you said in the vid "see you guys next Sat"
Hahha, yeah, I caught that after the fact. *doh*
Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
just had to give ya a lil crap

but see ya Sunday