Sorry to post another "Eff you COPS" thread, but I'm not really sorry at all, pigs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 2008 subaru AWD stroller...wahaha
they are just too bored by the boarder I bet u...

this will always happen, i think cops are just a bunch of licensed gangster on the street!!
"most of them..."

alan'09
Old 05-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
I think we seriously need a review of the requirements for becoming a police office. I know there's more to becoming a cop and the following list doesn't cover it all, but a high school diploma, no criminal record, and being able to pass a BS psych exam just doesn't cut it for me.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
LOL, are you going to try to quote wikipedia? Like I said, show me where you have the right to drive unrestricted?
Does the "source" diminish the validity of The Constitution?
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by tamko
they are just too bored by the boarder I bet u...

this will always happen, i think cops are just a bunch of licensed gangster on the street!!
"most of them..."

alan'09
Some of them, yes... Especially the border douches. I've been through 3rd world borders, and our border patrol seems to be the biggest douches.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Because the "officers" were wrong...and they knew it.

ACLU's Bust Card.
ooh right there.

1. Upon request, show them your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. In certain cases, your car can be searched without a warrant as long as the police have probable cause. To protect yourself later, you should make it clear that you do not consent to a search. It is not lawful for police to arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search.

Last edited by yayitzian; 05-15-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
We have check points.
We have a drug problem.
THat's what was funny.

thanks for the clarification. haaaa.

We have dui check points but we still have TONS of drunk driving deaths. That doesn't mean the dui check points don't stop a few deaths and put away a few drunk drivers.

Just because something isn't 100% effective doesn't mean it doesn't have value.

I don't think border patrol is the answer myself, I think it has value but it's not the answer. You want people to stop coming over here stop giving them free welfare, healthcare, education, etc. No free dinner they'll find somewhere else to go.

no other country on the planet is as friendly to illegal immigration than we are... except maybe parts of canada.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Car Info: Nadda
There are very good and valid points, but in the end I don't really care who you are or what point you argue. From the 1700's this piece of paper was written for our protection (the citizen, to prevent **** like Martial Law from people we don't trust, which includes our government). THE LAW is the constitution, we need to get back to the basis of it, and we wouldn't be in this **** hole we are now. THE LAW is the LAW, i'm tired of government and officers who are given the duty to uphold the law and break it the same time. Highest law is the constitution.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:11 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Talking

slightly OT, because it deals with the guy who got the Police Officer's boot to the head after laying down spread-eagle (of course he just finished an extensive evasion of the police)...

"So the officer did what is known as a distraction blow. It wasn't designed to hurt the man, just distract him," said Dieter Danmeier of the El Monte Police Officers Association.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...4D05.DTL&tsp=1
Old 05-15-2009, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
wow he's really rude lol
Old 05-15-2009, 11:34 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned bugeye
excuse my french but that's some ****ed **** i'd press charges police abuse, they think they can do whatever they want and there wrong they abuse the powers, those punks.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:21 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Bingo!

And since a dog was used to "establish" PC, and nothing was found in the car, these agents are gonna have a lot of explaining to do.

BTW, police dogs do not get all crazy when they get a positive hit; some just sit down, point, etc.

Originally Posted by yayitzian
ooh right there.

1. Upon request, show them your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. In certain cases, your car can be searched without a warrant as long as the police have probable cause. To protect yourself later, you should make it clear that you do not consent to a search. It is not lawful for police to arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
they never arrested him. And like I said earlier, if he is that nervous to be there and that pushy to just leave, I would go with probably cause.
They have so many people go through there with illegal this and illegal that, but when you have someone who is acting "funny", and you can not say that he was, you have to think something is up. We have rights, but at the same time, you cant be a douche and expect to be treated like a upstanding citizen.

Also, what does him being a priest have to do with anything. Wont really touch that one, but the job you do does not make you a better person or worse person.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
This post is so full of bull **** it makes me sick. Your assumption stated as fact that "most cops are power hungry scum bags." shows your true ignorance.

The ones that make it on to YouTube and the news make it there because they've done so ethi g stupid that they are getti g called out on. No one ever posts videos of police doing their job. No, they bait the officers into an incident and then go "oh look what the big bad police did to little innocent me." THAT is what makes it to the public. It is sad that our society isn't bright enough to realize they are only shown the bad. It is sad that our society lacks the mental ability to formulate ideas based on abstract thought, rather than parrot what videos feed you at face value.
My statement had NOTHING to do with the videos in this thread. It was based on my personal experiences with the police. They have N-E-V-E-R helped me, and they have harassed me for little to no reason many, many times.

I think that import car profiling is a perfect example. We have police harassment due to laws that are intended to protect our environment, generate revenue, and protect people from street racing. One would think that with all of the real crime (according to police and pro-police people) their time would be better spent elsewhere. The number of street racing deaths does NOT justify blanket harassment of everyone with a car that MAY be common in street racing. For that matter, ANY car can be street raced...not to mention that street racing (actually ALL racing) has been around since cars were invented.

My point is, the ends do not justify the means. I have NEVER street raced my car, so I should not be suspected of street racing based on what I drive. Police doing so is a clear violation of my civil rights, and I am within my rights to resist their harassment when I have not committed a crime.

The mentality of "If you have nothing to hide then why not cooperate" is bull****, as Paul is fond of saying. We have rights created specifically with the intent of protecting us from such harassment. Invoking our rights is NOT a reason for further harassment (which is clearly stated in many bodies of law), and we should not be considered "suspicious" for insisting that our rights are followed. Police are paid by OUR TAXES, and their job is to protect us...not only from criminals but from violation of OUR RIGHTS.

I have NEVER committed a crime that affected anyone else mentally or physically. Having been a GOV'T employee and thus being subject to an absurd amount of rules, regulations and "sensitivity training", I have learned to think about my actions and what I say, and how it affects others. But I digress...

Inevitably, there are so goddamned many laws that every citizen of the U.S.A. can be considered a criminal. This does not mean that we should be treated as such during every encounter with the police. However, police use the insane number of petty bull**** laws to gain access to our property and persons to further an agenda akin to oppression and government tyranny. It is clearly a violation of our most basic human rights as outlined by the Constitution, and to argue otherwise suggests a disturbing increase in a Pro-Communist attitude in our country.

Which is the exact reason we have the second amendment

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
they never arrested him. And like I said earlier, if he is that nervous to be there and that pushy to just leave, I would go with probably cause.
They have so many people go through there with illegal this and illegal that, but when you have someone who is acting "funny", and you can not say that he was, you have to think something is up. We have rights, but at the same time, you cant be a douche and expect to be treated like a upstanding citizen.

Also, what does him being a priest have to do with anything. Wont really touch that one, but the job you do does not make you a better person or worse person.
I may act "funny" when I am being unlawfully harassed by police too. I do not take kindly to blatant violation of my rights, and as outlined above and previously in this post, insistence that my rights are being followed is NOT a reason to violate them due to my "suspicious refusal to obey all commands."

Police are not gods. There are very clear laws protecting me, and I am NOT required to do EVERYTHING ordered by a police officer. I guess the people ignorant of their rights are "better of safe then sorry" though...at least that is the feeling I get from the pro- police/harassment people on here.

Obviously a little tack goes a long way, but unfortunately individual social training is not part of public school curriculum, and most people are uncomfortable in large crowds...as well as when they are confronted. In any country as diverse as ours you are going to have the full range of personalities to deal with, as well as a wide range of reactions to an uncomfortable situation.

Maybe I am just a suspicious dude with a criminal nature (which apparently has not been reflected in my numerous federal background checks), but blanket screening and suspicion of criminal activity makes me uncomfortable.

It is not a crime to know my rights, and it is not a crime to insist that my rights are followed. It amazes me how quickly people surrender their rights when confronted by an alpha male douche with a badge swinging his **** around.

What amazes me even more, is that there are so many people suggesting that we should just lie town and take it in the *** because "you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide."
Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM

Car Info: Nadda
@aboothman, pretty well said. I have no teaching credentials, but I think opening up a "streets smart" class would be a pretty interesting course for highschool/college. Educate people on their rights, educate people on how to fight tickets, educate people period on **** like credit cards, and bank accounts, mortgages, car payments, cell phones, solicitors, stock markets, etc. Maybe a little bit of self defense, or role playing would be involved. Hell, maybe even educating people on twitter/facebook and all the social things that are normal at this day and age. Maybe even a kindle, you could expand this pretty far! curriculum would always change.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:48 AM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
LOL at what this guy did at a similar Border Patrol checkpoint. Seems like he was well aware of his rights and knew exactly what they can/cannot do.

http://www.videosift.com/video/Am-I-Being-Detained

Quick Reply: Sorry to post another "Eff you COPS" thread, but I'm not really sorry at all, pigs.