Sorry to post another "Eff you COPS" thread, but I'm not really sorry at all, pigs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
If he had just opened up his trunk he would been on his merry way. I do understand that he does not need to open the trunk without probable cause, and the 4th amendment gives him that right, but in the end, if the dog gave them suspicion, they have the right to search.

now, the beating was excessive force and unnecassary. this is such a double sided story for those not there.

Until you work security and see the things that people try to pull everyday, you really dont know the full realism of the situation. But at the same time, if he is tazed and not fighting back, they should have just cuffed him and let him be.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

As a security guard at a checkpoint, and according to numerous trainings, if someone will not open a specific part of the vehicle they may be hiding something and therefore it is not "probably cause". It sucks because that means that you pretty much have to go with what the police say as if you go against it you are giving the a reason to search you, and that is all dependent on the officer's perception. that is why they are out there in the line of fire and dealing with criminals.

Not to say this guy was a criminal, but why would he argue for an hour and not just open up his trunk and be on his way.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
did you guys watch the video I posted?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

I watched the whole thing. I agree with both sides. The guy has a point of illegal search and siezure, but the officers have a point of him being suspicious.
If was the security I would have asked for proof of ID and insurance, as that is required to operate a vehicle on US highways. If he started ranting after that, he is done.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
As a security guard at a checkpoint, and according to numerous trainings, if someone will not open a specific part of the vehicle they may be hiding something and therefore it is not "probably cause". It sucks because that means that you pretty much have to go with what the police say as if you go against it you are giving the a reason to search you, and that is all dependent on the officer's perception. that is why they are out there in the line of fire and dealing with criminals.

Not to say this guy was a criminal, but why would he argue for an hour and not just open up his trunk and be on his way.
Because the "officers" were wrong...and they knew it.

ACLU's Bust Card.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
show me where you have the right to drive unrestricted
show me where it says the police don't need probable cause.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Originally Posted by brucelee
Can someone lock this thread, or move it somewhere... it's not positive, and nothing productive is coming out of it.

please don't! I don't think there has been any nasty name calling, and as far as the back-and-forth these people have presented better more direct arguments and counter-points than what you see on TV. I'm not looking to entertain myself by having this continue but this ultimately affects everyone
Old 05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

maybe it is a little different because its on a base, but if you came up to my security post, and started ranting like that straight away, I would have to go with the suspicion that you are hiding something or trying to smuggle something through. I would then explain that I need to see some ID and proof of insurance as that is required to operate a vehicle. Then let the guy/girl know that if they keep that attitude up, they are being very suspicious and bringing the right of probable cause to themselves for being so direct in their actions to leave.
If they cooperated, showed me the proper documentation, they would be on their way. If they were argumentative, I would go with probable cause and then go to the next step.

Like i said, my training was all done with military and regards to on base, and operational areas, but that is how I would handle it.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
If was the security I would have asked for proof of ID and insurance, as that is required to operate a vehicle on US highways. If he started ranting after that, he is done.
You watched the video I posted? (not the ones in the original post) the border guys do ask for his ID towards the end, and he didn't give it to him
Old 05-15-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

yep and that is where he was wrong
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by irrational x
show me where it says the police don't need probable cause.
Never said they don't need probable cause, said they did have probable cause.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:46 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Because the "officers" were wrong...and they knew it.

ACLU's Bust Card.
IF YOU'RE STOPPED IN YOUR CAR

1. Upon request, show them your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. In certain cases, your car can be searched without a warrant as long as the police have probable cause. To protect yourself later, you should make it clear that you do not consent to a search. It is not lawful for police to arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search.

2. If you're given a ticket, you should sign it; otherwise you can be arrested. You can always fight the case in court later.

3. If you're suspected of drunk driving (DWI) and refuse to take a blood, urine or breath test, your driver's license may be suspended.

-also from that same page-

1. It's not a crime to refuse to answer questions, but refusing to answer can make the police suspicious about you. If you are asked to identify yourself, see paragraph 2 above.

So tell me, where were the LEO's "in the wrong"
Old 05-15-2009, 04:47 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
What was the PC for this stop?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Rescuer
This is another video of him getting through a checkpoint without a search or a beating

this should be in the first post

he really baits the hell out of these guys.

27 minutes. you will want to watch the whole thing! trust me!

Ah, love his misinformation. They only need reasonable suspicion to search his person, and probable cause to search his car. Nothing like raising your voice to LEO's with incorrect information
Old 05-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by iLoqin
"Wake up America! Why is this happening in the United States of America?"
Because we're going the way of the Roman Empire. Corruption, decadence, indifference, ignorance, etc., are all-pervasive throughout society; the government is the way it is because it mirrors us.

Quick Reply: Sorry to post another "Eff you COPS" thread, but I'm not really sorry at all, pigs.