Sorry to post another "Eff you COPS" thread, but I'm not really sorry at all, pigs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 AM

Car Info: Nadda
The laws that have been written without society knowing it

We're GUILTY until proven innocent
Why is there a bear arms law STRICTLY written as the 2nd amendment? Not the 10th, the 2nd amendment! Obviously the position of the amendments were thought out by the guys who wrote it (just as when you write an essay you structure it to emphasize the correct things at the correct times) Yet we have the FCC droppin' the bomb on the 1st amendment, a branch that's exceeding its powers (presidential obviously), a government that is trying to go around the 2nd amendment, and a task force that does exactly the opposite of what it says (reminds me of the government and Obama) as we're guilty until proven innocent.

You get tazed, your head bashed in, 11 stiches, and NOTHING was found in your car? I guarentee a huge law suit comes around. **** I'd take 11 stiches and sue for a good million. Justice right?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by iLoqin

Why is there a bear arms law STRICTLY written as the 2nd amendment? Not the 10th, the 2nd amendment! Obviously the position of the amendments were thought out by the guys who wrote it (just as when you write an essay you structure it to emphasize the correct things at the correct times) Yet we have the FCC droppin' the bomb on the 1st amendment, a branch that's exceeding its powers (presidential obviously), a government that is trying to go around the 2nd amendment, and a task force that does exactly the opposite of what it says (reminds me of the government and Obama) as we're guilty until proven innocent.

You get tazed, your head bashed in, 11 stiches, and NOTHING was found in your car? I guarentee a huge law suit comes around. **** I'd take 11 stiches and sue for a good million. Justice right?
+1

and if the SHTF, I won't be depending on them. I'll be using my weapons and ammo because theirs will take 2 hours to arrive.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
+1

and if the SHTF, I won't be depending on them. I'll be using my weapons and ammo because theirs will take 2 hours to arrive.
Yea I sure hope everyone on here has a gun, cuz when more people loose jobs, a lot more people are going to be desperate. Unemployment only goes so far. The thing protecting YOU personally from all them whackos is that trusty weapon and ammo. Get 'em while you can (even though the prices shot up a good 30%)
Old 05-15-2009, 11:19 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

I understand they went overboard and the rights to being searched and what not.

But my question is this... why not just let them have what they want. His windows were up. He refused to get out of the car. Refused to open his trunk etc. Bottom line is if you give them a reason to look at you closer and then you challenge them it becomes a challenge and when that challenge is taken up they are going to take the position as I WILL WIN. By nature many officers are alfa males and need to be to be alive and do their jobs, but in cases like this it leeds to going overboard and then toss in the pack mentality.

Just throwing out the other side of what was going on.

Over the years I've been cuffed, sat on curbs, cars searched, hood and trunks open...etc. Was it fair. Absolutely not. Was it lawful... nope. Did I ever get arrested or in trouble in these cases... nope. It was based on the way I looked and often what I was driving... pure and simple. But I always gave permission because I have nothing to hide, don't want a ride to the station to prove it because it's a waste of my time and the multiple officers I'd be taking away from their jobs, etc. Hell, at the time I was much like this guy... a youth pastor. I had a sticker of jesus' head on the side window of my cars and in one of the searches I had my bible on the back seat.

Dude could have stopped all this if he just rolled his windows down and got out of the car when the asked and popped the trunk. Would have cost him no more than a couple minutes instead of hours and stitches. My question is what started all this? What are we not seeing or hearing so far? Why was he singled out. He's clearly a white dude so he's not trying to hop the border. Something had to kick this in to overdrive.

I mean if they were telling him to cover his eyes to block the glass I'm sure they asked him to get out of the car. When someone refuses at that point you start to wonder... you know.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by aboothman
Most cops are power hungry scumbags, it is as simple as that.

It is unfortunate that "Innocent until proven guilty" no longer applies. Any time I have an encounter with an LEO, whether it is a traffic stop or just walking by them, I get the stink eye. I do not trust them, and it is a shame. I wonder about this mistrust quite often. I have nothing to hide, but that does not seem to matter. Maybe it is because I was raised poor, and cops hate poor people.

A Cop has NEVER been there when I needed them, and any time I asked for help I get something similar to "what do you want from us?" or "figure it out yourself". Of course I would go to jail had I taken it into my own hands...
This post is so full of bull **** it makes me sick. Your assumption stated as fact that "most cops are power hungry scum bags." shows your true ignorance.

The ones that make it on to YouTube and the news make it there because they've done so ethi g stupid that they are getti g called out on. No one ever posts videos of police doing their job. No, they bait the officers into an incident and then go "oh look what the big bad police did to little innocent me." THAT is what makes it to the public. It is sad that our society isn't bright enough to realize they are only shown the bad. It is sad that our society lacks the mental ability to formulate ideas based on abstract thought, rather than parrot what videos feed you at face value.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I understand they went overboard and the rights to being searched and what not.

But my question is this... why not just let them have what they want. His windows were up. He refused to get out of the car. Refused to open his trunk etc. Bottom line is if you give them a reason to look at you closer and then you challenge them it becomes a challenge and when that challenge is taken up they are going to take the position as I WILL WIN. By nature many officers are alfa males and need to be to be alive and do their jobs, but in cases like this it leeds to going overboard and then toss in the pack mentality.

Just throwing out the other side of what was going on.

Over the years I've been cuffed, sat on curbs, cars searched, hood and trunks open...etc. Was it fair. Absolutely not. Was it lawful... nope. Did I ever get arrested or in trouble in these cases... nope. It was based on the way I looked and often what I was driving... pure and simple. But I always gave permission because I have nothing to hide, don't want a ride to the station to prove it because it's a waste of my time and the multiple officers I'd be taking away from their jobs, etc. Hell, at the time I was much like this guy... a youth pastor. I had a sticker of jesus' head on the side window of my cars and in one of the searches I had my bible on the back seat.

Dude could have stopped all this if he just rolled his windows down and got out of the car when the asked and popped the trunk. Would have cost him no more than a couple minutes instead of hours and stitches. My question is what started all this? What are we not seeing or hearing so far? Why was he singled out. He's clearly a white dude so he's not trying to hop the border. Something had to kick this in to overdrive.

I mean if they were telling him to cover his eyes to block the glass I'm sure they asked him to get out of the car. When someone refuses at that point you start to wonder... you know.
That's what I'm sayin' though, sure he could have done that, gotten out the easy way. By constitutional rights he had every right to do what he did. It's like a catch 22 if you say "well no, I am protected to say no" and it further evaluates yourself as being suspicious. That to me is abusive power, again, going around the constitution. I give my credit to a pastor that is making a point and this is a point that EVERYONE should be looking at.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
This post is so full of bull **** it makes me sick. Your assumption stated as fact that "most cops are power hungry scum bags." shows your true ignorance.

The ones that make it on to YouTube and the news make it there because they've done so ethi g stupid that they are getti g called out on. No one ever posts videos of police doing their job. No, they bait the officers into an incident and then go "oh look what the big bad police did to little innocent me." THAT is what makes it to the public. It is sad that our society isn't bright enough to realize they are only shown the bad. It is sad that our society lacks the mental ability to formulate ideas based on abstract thought, rather than parrot what videos feed you at face value.
I think our ignorant society is letting all this **** get away. There are 10 laws that were originally written that is the law of this land, it is as simple as that, nothing more. Yet there are catch 22's like in this example that you think is the correct measure? I think people like you are more ignorant than society.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:41 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
"If you're not guilty, why not just co-operate?" is a bull**** arguement.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

I don't get why you guys think this pastor is so innocent, it really baffles me. You're at a border check point. The point of the place is to make sure you aren't bring in anything you shouldn't. You have no right to drive wherever you want. If you get to a check point, the purpose is for them to CHECK. If you refuse for 1 hour to answer questions, that is obviously suspicious behavior.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
General Pimpin'

That's what I'm sayin' though, sure he could have done that, gotten out the easy way. By constitutional rights he had every right to do what he did. It's like a catch 22 if you say "well no, I am protected to say no" and it further evaluates yourself as being suspicious. That to me is abusive power, again, going around the constitution. I give my credit to a pastor that is making a point and this is a point that EVERYONE should be looking at.
I agree but that's just the way it is.

It's like the whole deal... you can say no to getting your hood popped but they'll just find a probable cause if they think you're hiding something.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 AM
General Pimpin'

I don't get why you guys think this pastor is so innocent, it really baffles me. You're at a border check point. The point of the place is to make sure you aren't bring in anything you shouldn't. You have no right to drive wherever you want. If you get to a check point, the purpose is for them to CHECK. If you refuse for 1 hour to answer questions, that is obviously suspicious behavior.
that's what I've been trying to say. Thank you for doing it so simply.

That was my point earlier saying... what started all this?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 AM

The guy is at a border check point, if he was hiding something wouldn't he have tried to drive around the border checkpoint? He knows it's a checkpoint and he knew he wasn't carrying anything. Cuz if I was carrying something I'd definitely NOT DRIVE TO A BORDER checkpoint. He chose to drive there because he knew he had nothing suspicious. BY constitutional LAW he has the right to refuse.

This probably cause thing has been blown out of proportion. A cop can almost make anything up for probably cause, this rule needs a backside like... Your department will be sued by the state for 5million dollars every time you fail to provide evidence. 5million is insane, but in this country, money talks.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:48 AM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
pastor or not that guy is a douche bag. i hate threads like these.. makes me tired. and he is not a firefighter..
Old 05-15-2009, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
"If you're not guilty, why not just co-operate?" is a bull**** arguement.
You don't really have an option to not cooperate at a security check point. I think people are forgetting that driving is not a right.

If a cop turns on his lights to pull you over, do you pull over? You have to. If you are at an LEO enforced security check point and they ask you questions (obviously not rediculous questions, or he would have birches about that in his video too) guess what, you get to answer them!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM

You don't really have an option to not cooperate at a security check point. I think people are forgetting that driving is not a right.

If a cop turns on his lights to pull you over, do you pull over? You have to. If you are at an LEO enforced security check point and they ask you questions (obviously not rediculous questions, or he would have birches about that in his video too) guess what, you get to answer them!
He did, he also wanted to show the officer that just came on the scene the so called "FOUND IT!" move by the dog. Why would cops refuse to do that? It was as simple as bringing the dog out, see his cool "there is something in ur car" move, that would have ended it. The fact he caught border patrol creating a probable cause is BS.

Quick Reply: Sorry to post another "Eff you COPS" thread, but I'm not really sorry at all, pigs.