Soooo..... who hates traffic cops?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 07:16 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
Originally Posted by resident smurf
WTF, why did you pass the cop at 75? Maybe inch by the cop at 67-68 but 75!? Especially b/c you're the only car on the road. Pulling over speeder=excitement for bored cop who has run out of donuts.
there was a ford focus sedan passing and doing the same thing i was doing. just so happens that i inched out infront of the focus just enough and that the focus was 2 lanes away, as opposed to me, who was in the lane closer to the cop.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Khooda
Lol, I've noticed that Lurk has comments that seem to give me a good laugh. But in this case...you passed the cop doing 75ish (not very smart)...not a CHP...still a Peace Officer...just because he/she is a city peace officer on the highway doesn't mean thier jurisdiction is not there... police officers enforce the law...traffic laws are there....meaning it is in their jursidiction. Here's another example...A Union City police officer can cite you in Fremont if that's where you violated the law...the laws the law..
understandable, but it was unexpected seeing as how its very rare that i see a person pulled over on the highway by a non chp
Old 01-19-2006, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
understandable, but it was unexpected seeing as how its very rare that i see a person pulled over on the highway by a non chp
Yup, just be more careful next time. I got pulled over in Ohio a while back too, but good thing that states economy isn't as great as california's....my ticket was only 130 which I coughed up cause, it was my bad. Hmm...I still hate the state of Ohio though. lol
Old 01-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
I got pulled over by a Livermore PD on 580 in Pleasanton.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:52 PM

Car Info: WREX
A city cop pulled you over on the Freeway? I have seen hella people I know speed by city cops on the freeway before, and none of them have ever given chase!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:14 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Cops: we are here to fine whoever we care to catch for breaking the law.

You: Think you can break the law in plain site of a cop.

Seriously bro, if you see an unmarked car, or CHP, or PD, you obey the ****ing law when around them.
end of story.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
I was driving home the other day and not paying enough attention as I'm usually very good at spotting cops (no tickets in almost 15 years) but apparently I missed the guy on the motorcycle with a radar.

He was very courteous, and wrote me up for 52 in a 40 and gave me a warning for the 40 in a 25. He was doing his job, did it professionally and I deserved it, if not this time, for all the other times I got away with.

I just consider it a speed tax. If you're gonna play, you gotta pay.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:05 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
please dont call me a moron just because i gambled n loss...

I didn't call you a moron because you gambled and lost. I called you a moron because you called police officers an ***, a pig, and you hope they burn in hell.

and no I have never passed a cop while speeding. I have passed a number of cops over the years but they were all traveling 5 to 10 under the limit and I went by at the speed limit. No way I would risk getting a ticket to pass a cop to get somewhere a few minutes earlier.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:28 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
i agree with him in a way tho.. because $200 is a lot of ***n money for making your car go 10 miles an hour faster than it should be going... cops are bs
Old 01-19-2006, 10:32 PM

Car Info: WRX
Does TICKKETASSASIN really work? got a ticket for doing 80 in a 50. and i wasnt even going 80! had to bring it up to 5200rpm in 2nd gear to get this car that was pacing in my blind spot, and the lane was going to merge (Bay Bridge). Anyways, the cop put approx. 80!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by ish
I didn't call you a moron because you gambled and lost. I called you a moron because you called police officers an ***, a pig, and you hope they burn in hell.

and no I have never passed a cop while speeding. I have passed a number of cops over the years but they were all traveling 5 to 10 under the limit and I went by at the speed limit. No way I would risk getting a ticket to pass a cop to get somewhere a few minutes earlier.
not to be an ***, but im like positve u have been speeding (going even just a mile above speed limit) in front of a cop's eyes before. think about it, do you drive 25 whenever it says 25? no... from wat i see most people drive at least 30-35 in a 25 zone... the point im trying to make is simply that very often, cops let go of minor speeding violations. im just upset because this time they didnt let it go, sure its their right to enforce the law, but who the hell would be glad that a cop pulled them over for going 10mph over a speed limit at 1am??
Old 01-19-2006, 11:20 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM WRX
not to be an ***, but im like positve u have been speeding (going even just a mile above speed limit) in front of a cop's eyes before. think about it, do you drive 25 whenever it says 25? no... from wat i see most people drive at least 30-35 in a 25 zone... the point im trying to make is simply that very often, cops let go of minor speeding violations. im just upset because this time they didnt let it go, sure its their right to enforce the law, but who the hell would be glad that a cop pulled them over for going 10mph over a speed limit at 1am??
Yeah, I'd be angry both at myself and at the cop...but more at myself for doing so. but you mentioned 25 in a 25 zone...when kids around in the morning going to school and in the afternoon going home....25 is a must...most people don't...but let it be on them when the F* up.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:25 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
I made the mistake of going past a cop before. It was on I-80 right before the 80/580 San Rafael split. It was a CHP cop, and he was on the 580 side gettin ready to go towards San Rafael. As soon as he saw me creep by him, he cut over like 3 lanes and get behind me. Even turned on the red and blues. I was thinking "oh ****". I was going like 68mph. Turns out he was a huge M3/M5 fan and pulled me over to chat about cars. Later on let me go. LOL.

From that point on, I stay behind the cops.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lurk
I made the mistake of going past a cop before. It was on I-80 right before the 80/580 San Rafael split. It was a CHP cop, and he was on the 580 side gettin ready to go towards San Rafael. As soon as he saw me creep by him, he cut over like 3 lanes and get behind me. Even turned on the red and blues. I was thinking "oh ****". I was going like 68mph. Turns out he was a huge M3/M5 fan and pulled me over to chat about cars. Later on let me go. LOL.

From that point on, I stay behind the cops.
only wish the hefty woman who pulled me over was a fan of wrxs
Old 01-20-2006, 03:38 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
only wish the hefty woman who pulled me over was a fan of wrxs
Oh no. Those are the worst. Always seems like they got something to prove. =/

Quick Reply: Soooo..... who hates traffic cops?