Sony 46" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV + PS3 + PS3 game + Blu-Ray movie -$951

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:26 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by wingless06
I live in Santa Rosa; north of union city a couple hours.. you still doing home calibrations? haha. I got a six pack waiting for you. Or PM me what it would take to borrow your disc.

if you have a full blown home theater, dont forget to do the audio as well. that S&M disc doesnt contain any test tones and we all know that video is just one half of the equation.

one of the good things about the other test dvds i used in the past, was that included testing for audio settings as well. the one i used to use (and i forget the name) started out with the audio tests first. their reasoning was, the audio test gave enough time for the tv to warm up.

but then again, these days, i dont think any of the flat panel technologies need to warm up... lol...
Old 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Got mine!! so sick!!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by wingless06
I live in Santa Rosa; north of union city a couple hours.. you still doing home calibrations? haha. I got a six pack waiting for you. Or PM me what it would take to borrow your disc.
Yeah, I'm not driving all the way up there!

I could mail you the disc, but man, I've done this before with AVIA discs, and they don't always come back. But sure, I could mail the Spears & Munsil disc up to you. It's bluray disc. You'd use the Contrast, Sharpness and HD Color bars pattern. With those you can calibrate Brightness, Contrast, Color, Tint and Sharpness.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by ldivinag
if you have a full blown home theater, dont forget to do the audio as well. that S&M disc doesnt contain any test tones and we all know that video is just one half of the equation.

one of the good things about the other test dvds i used in the past, was that included testing for audio settings as well. the one i used to use (and i forget the name) started out with the audio tests first. their reasoning was, the audio test gave enough time for the tv to warm up.

but then again, these days, i dont think any of the flat panel technologies need to warm up... lol...
That is true. If he needs an audio disc, I can send the AIX bluray disc up there as well. But that's harder to use if you aren't sure about what you are supposed to do.

Besides, if he has a newer AVR with a microphone setup, and uses HDMI, then the disc would only be useful for double checking.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
grabbed a w5100 w/ ps3 and games for $1111 OTD. i had to drive to salinas to pick it up because all other bb's were out.

anyone want to buy my ps3 120gb w/ little big planet for $350. no tax!!!! brand new
Old 12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Holy crap, I can't believe I just came home with a PS3, a PS3 game, a Blu Ray movie, and a friggin 46" Sony HD LCD TV, all for $951!!!

Well, the TV comes in on Sunday (delivered to my house), but I got everything else right in front of me.

I showed up at best buy and they told me that they sold out of the packages before 11am!!! They had the TVs, playstations, and games, but they ran out of the movies, and you can't have the deal without the movie (They need to scan the physical movie in order for the deal to happen, without the movie the deal wont go through and there's nothing they can do about it).

So I got denied and I was totally bummed... Instead of going straight home I decided to go over to the game section to see what games were out for PS3 so that I could buy it for when I actually got a PS3... Lucky I did this because I found a copy of "Taking of Pelham" on blue ray stashed under the video game pile!!! (Someone took the film and stashed it there so that they could come back and get the deal later, or so someone they knew could). I was sooooooooooo stoked! Everyone was all pissed off at me because they all got denied and I actually got the deal.

Thank you to the original poster for hooking us up with the info, otherwise I woudln't have known about it at all.

I can't wait till Sunday when my TV gets delivered! (free delivery since they didnt have the TVs at the store).

I'm hella happy right now! The game that came with the bundle totally looks like it blows, but I don't care, I saved bank! (game is rachet and clank future, never heard of it but it sounds lame. It was between that game and some other really lame looking one so I chose that)

+100000000 to the original poster for this hookup!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by aznboi320
grabbed a w5100 w/ ps3 and games for $1111 OTD. i had to drive to salinas to pick it up because all other bb's were out.

anyone want to buy my ps3 120gb w/ little big planet for $350. no tax!!!! brand new
That's not really a savings... All you save is tax and wouldn't someone rather buy it at a store so that if it breaks or is defective (now or later) they can return or exchange it?

As soon as you take your system out of the door you lose the new value, so good luck with that...
Old 12-06-2009, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
That's not really a savings... All you save is tax and wouldn't someone rather buy it at a store so that if it breaks or is defective (now or later) they can return or exchange it?

As soon as you take your system out of the door you lose the new value, so good luck with that...
gift receipt holmes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:24 PM

i was looking on craigslist and everyone is selling their ps3 with the same combo
Old 12-06-2009, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by aznboi320
i was looking on craigslist and everyone is selling their ps3 with the same combo
hahahha, I don't doubt it at all! No one wants that crappy *** game, lol! I know I don't... It's gonna sit here and collect dust (the Rachet and Clank future game)... I didn't get the deal for the game though, we saved mad dough in getting the TV and the PS3 for that price alone!

I'm really stoked right now.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Since we're on the subject of PS3... Are there any good racing games for PS3? I don't think they make Forza for PS, only Xbox right?

GT5 is supposed to come out in Feb, but who knows if thats going to happen... They have been delaying it for 5 years now...

Can anyone recommend any other games? Anything from games like Hitman/Resident evil to Gran Turismo... Anyone?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
COD obv and madden is another obv pick if you like sports games.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
hahahha, I don't doubt it at all! No one wants that crappy *** game, lol! I know I don't... It's gonna sit here and collect dust (the Rachet and Clank future game)... I didn't get the deal for the game though, we saved mad dough in getting the TV and the PS3 for that price alone!

I'm really stoked right now.
when i bought mine i told them i wasn't sure and I'd have to come back later. the girl asked why i was passing it up. i lied and said I didn't like the game and movie choices and that I wasn't really looking to buy a TV as I already had a 1080p 32" for my room and it was sufficant. She asked what game and dvd I wanted; i told her cod2 and terminator on blue ray.. she said ok

I figured I'm keeping the ps3 at this point there are way to many ps3's out there for sale because of this deal.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Thumbs up

Can anyone recommend any other games? Anything from games like Hitman/Resident evil to Gran Turismo... Anyone?
Dirt2. If you like soccer, FIFA10.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:50 AM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
360 for games, ps3 for bluray, and GT when it comes out in 2012

Quick Reply: Sony 46" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV + PS3 + PS3 game + Blu-Ray movie -$951