somewhere to REFLASH MILLAGE in the bay area

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Buy a cluster off ebay with lower mileage.

And yes, it is illegal.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
wouldnt he dealer have that service in case ur stock cluster broke?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
its not illegal to roll back a spedometer. Its illegal to roll back a spedo and not have it documented properly. You do not have to file with the DMV all you have to do is have the reciept from the roll back and disclose what exactly was done when you sell or transfer the vehicle.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
from the site I linked above...

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

It is not a criminal offense to adjust a vehicle's odometer reading; however selling a vehicle with the intention to defraud contravenes the Trade Descriptions Act.
The services described in these pages are intended for the lawful service, repair or replacement of digital odometers in accordance with local laws.
It is unlawful in many countries to reset odometers to read less than the true mileage of the motor vehicle. SpeedometerNet offers these services for lawful use only. It is the client's responsibility to seek legal advice regarding compliance within the terms of the law.
It is a pre-condition to the acceptance of SpeedometerNet service that the client has no intention to commit an offense.
The client shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, SpeedometerNet from and against all damages, claims, expenses, losses, or unlawful use of any of our products in accordance with local laws.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
^^^ atleast someone understands it

if anyone finds a place in CA that can correct the mileage on a new cluster please let me know as I want to get an STi cluster (I got an auto to manual tranny swap and still have the auto gauge cluster)

How does that one website work? If you send them your new cluster can't you not drive the car until you get it back and put it in? Otherwise it wouldn't be accurate
Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 PM

Car Info: Monsta
Originally Posted by MBasile
^^^ atleast someone understands it

if anyone finds a place in CA that can correct the mileage on a new cluster please let me know as I want to get an STi cluster (I got an auto to manual tranny swap and still have the auto gauge cluster)

How does that one website work? If you send them your new cluster can't you not drive the car until you get it back and put it in? Otherwise it wouldn't be accurate

maybe tell them like 400 miles over so then you can still drive it for a little =P