Something cool: Flip vid cam + Duct tape + STi = THIS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:27 PM

Car Info: STi 07
Here is my video. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m3D5...om=PL&index=24
Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 PM

Car Info: vtak mota
dude are you serious?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:33 PM

Car Info: STi 07
Originally Posted by vietnameeh
dude are you serious?
Yeah its a crazy video!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Go Big Or Go Home.

Go Pro Camera

Old 06-17-2009, 01:47 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11480455&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eC at=BC|79|83|21253&N=4017812&Mo=10&pos=10&No=8&Nr=P _CatalogName:BC&cat=21253&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc 1〈=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10604-Cat83&topnav=

Costco Online says the HD version is $210?? or am I missing something for the $160 HD version?
Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Originally Posted by brucelee
Ah man, I thought I was talking to MonsterGC for some reason! DOH! Sorry about that

I will do it! haha must try when im done with my car
Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza TS Wagon
I really wish they had an SDHC expansion slot - being able to quickly swap in more memory would be useful.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:19 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by AVATAR-X
I really wish they had an SDHC expansion slot - being able to quickly swap in more memory would be useful.
For the money, you could just buy another flip cam and use it instead of swapping memory!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Go Big Or Go Home.

Go Pro Camera

I'd LOVE to have one of those, especially with a fish eye lens or something, but I could use that money for a gun or something.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:22 AM

Weak sauce, about a month ago they had an entire end isle in the electronic dept dedicated to them and they were either $160 or $165. It must have been one of those great costco promotions that they tend to have. Even still, $210 is kick *** for an HD version of this camera. Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed, it's so worth it. If you don't want to shell out the dough for an HD cam, just get a regular one, the quality is sooooo nice even on the standard one, so unless HD is REALLY important to you, just get the regular one because the quality is better then anything you will ever really use anyway. Especially if you post on sites like youtube, the HD wont ever really be utilized to it's full extent.

I also like that it has a silent mode for sensitive situations in case you're trying to film someone without them knowing or something.

EDIT: The one at costco came with more stuff too, I remember it coming with a mini tri-pod as well as the standard stuff.

Last edited by brucelee; 06-18-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
How much memory is on these things? For $210 they should offer a slot for memory. Maybe eventually they will add it in if enough people tell them to do it. Memory cards are sooo cheap right now so it would be useful if they added a card slot.

Last edited by Gibz; 06-18-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gibz
How much memory is on these things? For $210 they should offer a slot for memory. Maybe eventually they will add it in if enough people tell them to do it. Memory cards are sooo cheap right now so it would be useful if they added a card slot.
It's 4gigs with 1 hour of run time, 2 hours of battery on one charge. I'm sure in the future they will add memory slots for it, but the camera is soooo small and so simple that it would increase the size but quite a bit to add something like that.

This camera is supposed to be a "blogging tool", or thats what it was originally marketed as, something to snap quick video and put it up on the web. You can literally snap some footage, plug it in via USB, and drag an AVI video clip of what you just took off the camera. It's so simple that it's mind boggling! It's actually simple! Even more so then apple products! You dont need any software for it, its true plug and play.

If you plan on filming weddings or events regularly, this probably isn't the camera for you, even in its current state, it's still capable of filming such events. This is the type of camera you can keep in your car, or on you at all times if you want to film anything that may happen, like a car accident or maybe some guy jumping over cars that you want to capture and post on youtube... It's the size of a small cell phone so its pefect for that. It's cool to take to partys and car meets to film little snippets of life.

I don't see a need for more memory because 4 gigs is quite a bit for such a small camera. Sure, it would be nice and as tech gets smaller and better, Im sure it will happen, but its def not necessary.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:25 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Yeah i understand that i was just saying would be cool for the purpose that you all are talking about. Like track days cruises etc. That way you wouldnt have to worry about it running out of space. I agree seems like a cool video camera and rofl i wouldnt expect anyone to use it for weddings and such. Just thinking it would probably become more popular to put a card slot in it and i dont think it would affect the size much cus heck my treo has a card slot and its probably the same size as your cam.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:08 AM

Car Info: vtak mota
Originally Posted by brucelee
I'd LOVE to have one of those, especially with a fish eye lens or something, but I could use that money for a gun or something.
nah trust me the the go pro system is kind of garbage when it comes to video quality.... the only thing about it is the compact size of the camera and the different mounts that it comes with
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 AM

Car Info: '07 OBP STI
Amazon has the flip minoHD with 8gb memory (120min) for $188 right now. They also have what appears to be a very comparable Creative Labs VadoHD cam for $158. I think I'm going to end up buying one of these two cameras.

Edit: I noticed that there is a video comparing the MinoHD and VadoHD on the VadoHD review page of Amazon. It does appear that the reviewer is comparing the VadoHD to the old MinoHD because he talks about it not having an HDMI port and the new MinoHD does have one. Still, a nice comparison video with the exception of the audio getting low at times.

Last edited by Ddraig; 06-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Something cool: Flip vid cam + Duct tape + STi = THIS