Something cool: Flip vid cam + Duct tape + STi = THIS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
i should take a picture of the camera mount i have for my cusco cage and show you!!! that thing is study as hell
Old 06-14-2009, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
oh yea nvm, your not going that fast. no tire squeels
Old 06-14-2009, 11:28 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
i should take a picture of the camera mount i have for my cusco cage and show you!!! that thing is study as hell
I have the I/O port on my autopower bar which is sturdy as hell, but that wont do you any good if you want vid from the outside of the car. Thats why I also have the gopro. Even if the mount did by chance come off, the camera would still be fine.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:46 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
ahah i have the same one ssteve!!! did you get the red harness thing with it also?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 AM

Car Info: vtak mota
Originally Posted by ssteve
I have the I/O port on my autopower bar which is sturdy as hell, but that wont do you any good if you want vid from the outside of the car. Thats why I also have the gopro. Even if the mount did by chance come off, the camera would still be fine.
i honestly think the quality in this flip cam thing is way better than the gopro

I know alot of autoxers and track days guys that arent satisfied with the video quality of the go pro

im surprised how well this flip cam thing came out
Old 06-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
soo duck taped =D any pics!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by vietnameeh
i honestly think the quality in this flip cam thing is way better than the gopro

I know alot of autoxers and track days guys that arent satisfied with the video quality of the go pro

im surprised how well this flip cam thing came out
Honestly, its the same quality as the large regular camcorders, I can't see a difference at all. Then there's the HD one that is CRYSTAL clear and is HUGE (pixel wise). It's like a $900 camera the size of a cell phone and 1/9th the cost. Not to mention more rugged and convenient, plus rechargable and easy to use.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:16 AM

cra...

Damn i want to buy one now.... although i have never never ever recorded anything in my life. ..... lol
Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 AM

cra...

Damn i want to buy one now.... although i have never never ever recorded anything in my life. ..... lol
Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 AM

^^^^

Dude, all you do is point and record, it's easy and fun as hell. And for $100ish, it's sooo worth it. Don't get it at Frys, they are a rip off, go to Costo or anywhere else for that matter. I dunno why Frys is so expensive.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
good stuff. so u said u can get the HDversion at costco for ~100 bucks? also how is it in low light situations?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Do you have pictures of how you taped it to the car, just wondering how you did it. thanks.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pactin
good stuff. so u said u can get the HDversion at costco for ~100 bucks? also how is it in low light situations?
$160 I think, plus it comes with a bunch of stuff like a mini tripod and such. Its even smaller then my smallest flip cam too!

I don't have pics of how I taped it, but here's how I did it. I took one long strip of tape and taped it across the top (below the lens) of the camera and taped it on each side of the lic plate that it reached out to. Did the same thing again only at a lower spot, then added a bit of tape to the tape that was stuck to the lic plate to re-enforce it. Very simple since the camera is so light weight. I'd make sure your lic plate is clean before doing this so it doesn't fall off from dirt. There's no way that camera is going ANYWHERE. I had to literally rip it off with some force to get it off. So dont worry about that.

Man, like I said in another thread, I want to find a highly modded WRX or STi and film it in front of me... I'd mount a camera up front like in this video, and do one on the side of my car right behind the passenger side wheel facing forward so you can get all the wheel action, then tail the highly modded STi or WRX... To make it even better, mount a THIRD flip camera to my rear lic plate and have an EVO tail me that way I have footage of a sick *** WRX being tailed, and an EVO trailing with some really cool angles and I'd edit it in real time so all the clips line up and match.

Who's down to do this with me!?

In terms of light, believe it or not I filmed this when the sun went down and it was dusk. You really can't tell because the auto brightness made it really bright! But yeah, it;s great for low light situations!

Could this thing kick anymore ***!?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
man, that road looks nucking futs!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:45 AM

Its short, but crazy, thats for sure. One of the narrowest roads Ive ever been on and Ive driven through 11 countries in europe!

Quick Reply: Something cool: Flip vid cam + Duct tape + STi = THIS