Some ******* hit and ran my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Some ******* hit and ran my car

What a ****ty day, first I miss the bus by like a minute(the same bus thats always 3-7 min. late). So I go to ask my roommate for a ride, ****er is in the shower, so I drive onto campus. There is a huge mess at the parking garage, and I end up 5 minutes late for my midterm. I come out and UCD TAPS is standing next to my car, I figure the ***** is writing me a ticket, nope, so ****er hit my car and took off. What makes me even more pissed off is that, somebody got the license plate # and discription of the truck and reported it to TAPS. But ****ing TAPS is too god damn stupid to get the person's name and tele, so the Police officer tells me he can't do anything with the license plate number.

I really needed to vent, what a ****ed up course of events. If anyone in Davis see's a white ford(chevy?) pickup with a bent up front left bumper I saw his license # but all I can remember is 4466 in it, something like 5J*4466 or 5J4466*, it's a commercial plate let me know, and get the whole #.

Last edited by Slack; 05-21-2003 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:26 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
The police should be authorized to access DMV's computer to see whot he registered owner is...that is bull****...thats what the police is for...ofcourse they can do something with the lisence plate #...what u think if someone was driving and ran some kid over in his car and left, but someone got the lisence plate # they police couldnt find out who ran the kid over, or atleast tell you whot he registered owner of the vehicle is???

I would talk to someone else about this, dont let it go..

-Zoeb
Old 05-21-2003, 05:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Don't even waste your time with campus police... you need to go through the Davis police department and see what they could do. It was the same thing when i was in the military...they couldn't do anything if they were an E4 or below so i just ripped up the tickets in their faces if they were. The campus police are those that didn't do well in academy. By the way... did you exchange info with the witness because you may need to contact that person before you go.

If they tell you NO give them the "I'm a tax payer and i pay your wages" line.... or give them the "What could possibly be happening in davis to make you guys so busy" line.

~Eric

Last edited by Salty; 05-21-2003 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
damn that sucks bro. well good luck trying to get your car fixed.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
holy shiet!!!
Andrew's car was also hit!!
and it was also a big *** pickuptruck IIRC
damn im sorry bro
how bad is the damage?
Old 05-21-2003, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Sisqocqk
Don't even waste your time with campus police... you need to go through the Davis police department and see what they could do. It was the same thing when i was in the military...they couldn't do anything if they were an E4 or below so i just ripped up the tickets in their faces if they were. The campus police are those that didn't do well in academy. By the way... did you exchange info with the witness because you may need to contact that person before you go.

If they tell you NO give them the "I'm a tax payer and i pay your wages" line.... or give them the "What could possibly be happening in davis to make you guys so busy" line.

~Eric
I doubt the Davis PD would say anything other than "This happened on campus? See campus PD" THere is no witness now because TAPS did not bother to get the person's name or telephone.

I have to file a report tommorow so Im going to see what someone else at the police dept says, now Im affraid that the dumbass cop who I talked to today won't have the guy's license plate because he thought it was useless.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:12 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

if the TAPS are actual law enforcement agency, they should be able to just pop it in their terminal in the car.

so either the dude is lazy or being an %#$%#$%$# OR they aint real cops.

another reason is that they aint suppose to give out information like that.

on campus, we had a moron park illegally and was blocking a coworkers's car so she couldnt get in.

we called out campus cops and they wouldnt tell us who the owner is. they called his office and left him a message.

i had to use other means to get the owner of the car...
Old 05-21-2003, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by dorifto88
holy shiet!!!
damn im sorry bro
how bad is the damage?
Not too bad scratches on the rear passenger door, and the quarter panel is dented in right along the wheel well.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by ldivinag
if the TAPS are actual law enforcement agency, they should be able to just pop it in their terminal in the car.

so either the dude is lazy or being an %#$%#$%$# OR they aint real cops.

another reason is that they aint suppose to give out information like that.

on campus, we had a moron park illegally and was blocking a coworkers's car so she couldnt get in.

we called out campus cops and they wouldnt tell us who the owner is. they called his office and left him a message.

i had to use other means to get the owner of the car...
TAPS is just a bunch of stupid meter maids, but the Campus police said they couldn't do anything with the lic. plate number, which I find to be total bull ****.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:11 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

it is total BS.

someone reported a crime. cops are foremost LAW ENFORCEMENT. which mean just that.

good chance though that they are working on it. like i said, that aint suppose to give out info like that. even when cops talk on their radio, they have a special code when the dispatch has to trasmit info not for listening (remember, people with scanners can hear them too) by the public.

give it a day or 2, then go to them and ask if anything has happened.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:23 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Dude, if I were you I would be FUMING!!! I mean smoke coming out my focking ears and heads rolling.

You need to march over to "TAPS" HQ and get some goddam answers. I could go off for a few days on this one, but I'm gonna hold back for time's sake. First of all hit and run is a focking felony!!! Ask them if they know this. Then ask them if they are peace officers. When they say yes, ask them if hit and run is against the law. When they say yes, ask them what they are going to do about it. They will proceed to give you a roundabout load of BS, so feel free to cut them off between 2 and 4 seconds to avoid them wasting any more of your time. Tell them you have a partial license plate number. Ask them if they want it. When they start flapping their lips, cut them off again and ask if they have access to the DMV database. If they say no and they are carrying a gun or part of a real PD, they do. Tell them to stop lying to your face. Be loud and very aggressive, but try not to be rude. Just let him/her know that they're not dealing with a passive douche bag. Do not let them walk away until you get answers. Get their badge number and threaten to contact his/her superior if they continue to brush you off. Do the same thing until you get to the head of the TAPS. Ish like this REALLY pisses me off. Please post what you find out on here as I for one would really like to know what happens.

to ******** cops.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:57 PM
VIP Member

I think the point the cop was trying to make was that the lic plate w/o any sort of witness to back it up is useless in any sort of trial or court. but if they contacted the guy, i would think that they could at least try to get him to confess to it or ****ing something. It just seems to be ridiculous that they wouldn't run the plate.

Edit: and the Plate that was given was A FULL plate to a commercial vehicle. It's jsut that I only saw it at a glance and could only remember part of it.

Last edited by Slack; 05-21-2003 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 2002MY Impreza WRX
dorifto88
holy shiet!!!
damn im sorry bro
Yeah, that was my car. I feel you Slack. Half the yahoos at Davis are frigging irresponsible inner vally hicks. You should tell the officer to allow you to go inspect the person's truck. Otherwise, (you can do this legally), tell him you've lost respect for the police and that campus cops are jack ****. The guy I talked to was pretty cool about it and gave me his card in case I find evidence against the guy who I know hit me.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:04 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by Slack
I think the point the cop was trying to make was that the lic plate w/o any sort of witness to back it up is useless in any sort of trial or court. but if they contacted the guy, i would think that they could at least try to get him to confess to it or ****ing something. It just seems to be ridiculous that they wouldn't run the plate.

Edit: and the Plate that was given was A FULL plate to a commercial vehicle. It's jsut that I only saw it at a glance and could only remember part of it.
who focking cares? if the car has scrapes on it, they can basically nail the ********. will he have an aliby (how the hell do you spell that word?)? no. i guarantee the cops can scare the crap out of the guy and get his stupid **** to confess. i repeat, it's a FELONY!!!

and whatever happened to the witness you had? why don't you try to track him down? i bet if you stood at the same place at the same time next week, you'd see him.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:52 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
lets form a Davis lynch Mob.

Quick Reply: Some ******* hit and ran my car