so are you really getting all 91 octane from the pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
so are you really getting all 91 octane from the pumps?

Well look at it this way, you pull in the pumps and start pumping gas but wait a minute!!!

One pump for all the octane ratings ???HHHHHMMMMMM!

Just how many gallons is it before you really get the 91 octane?

Think again when using a one pump stations ..

Just thought they are rippin us off and the next guy gets the free 91 octane that is left on the lines LOL....

cheers

gino

www.gb-motorsports.com
www.mpjperformance.com
Old 06-29-2003, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX "Bling Bling" Silver
yea i think about it all the time when i get my gas... Because one time i accidently droped the gas pump and gas came out of it... I looked on the dispaly and last gas pumped was 87... So yea i really dont think u get all 91 when u pump, pump pump it up!!!

mike
Old 06-29-2003, 10:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Yeah but what can you do?

Unless I'm in a big hurry i try to spot someone that looks rich or a car that recommends 91octane. I look for the mercedes, porche etc. people then pull in behind them.

Just my .02

Eric
Old 06-30-2003, 12:17 AM

wow never thought of it that way
Old 06-30-2003, 12:46 AM

great.. now one more thing to worry about
--bobby
Old 06-30-2003, 02:17 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
87 Rocks!
Old 06-30-2003, 02:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally posted by Sisqocqk
Yeah but what can you do?

Unless I'm in a big hurry i try to spot someone that looks rich or a car that recommends 91octane. I look for the mercedes, porche etc. people then pull in behind them.

Just my .02

Eric
what about the ignorant rich drivers who put POS 87 octane cause they dont care?
(like the hundreds of thousands of slow senior citizen drivers who own a bimmer or benz)?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:00 AM
joe

Car Info: 2002 WRB Impreza WRX
just go to a gas station that has a pump for each individual octane rating...

~joe
Old 06-30-2003, 03:46 PM

Car Info: black o2 sedan
im not from your area but i freguent your posts becuase you have some good topics

anyway, your gonna love this

although not all 1 pump stations work anymore, this is a verified trick that was 100% effective when you get one that works:

when you get to the pump, unhook the nozzle and put it into your gastank, then select the highest grade,
you will hear 3 or 4 clicks as the machine switches over to the highest grade(94 if your in ny and go to sunoco, although it burns very fast) you will hear 3 or 4 clicks unless the person in front of you selected the highest grade and the internals of the gas machine didnt need to switch over (if the machine doesnt click at all when switching between octanes, then its a newer one pump that is vulverable)

now, your ready to pump the highest most expensive grade,
but dont start pumping yet, select the lowest cheapest grade and just after you do that, squeeze the pump and begin pumping gas.... the machine does not click over to pump the gas, but the electronics and price do... the computer is faster than the machine

you will see that the price of the gas has been set to the lowest octane that you selected right before you squeezed the pump,but the machine isnt quick enough to switch over before you begin pumping

if you verified that the machine clicks between octanes, and you do this right (which isnt hard) you will know that you sare still pumping the highest grade, becuase the machine didnt switch over
the computer has as shown on the screen, price per gallon, how many gallons pumped and your wallet
Old 06-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
that is one cool trick!
Originally posted by krillz
im not from your area but i freguent your posts becuase you have some good topics

anyway, your gonna love this

although not all 1 pump stations work anymore, this is a verified trick that was 100% effective when you get one that works:

when you get to the pump, unhook the nozzle and put it into your gastank, then select the highest grade,
you will hear 3 or 4 clicks as the machine switches over to the highest grade(94 if your in ny and go to sunoco, although it burns very fast) you will hear 3 or 4 clicks unless the person in front of you selected the highest grade and the internals of the gas machine didnt need to switch over (if the machine doesnt click at all when switching between octanes, then its a newer one pump that is vulverable)

now, your ready to pump the highest most expensive grade,
but dont start pumping yet, select the lowest cheapest grade and just after you do that, squeeze the pump and begin pumping gas.... the machine does not click over to pump the gas, but the electronics and price do... the computer is faster than the machine

you will see that the price of the gas has been set to the lowest octane that you selected right before you squeezed the pump,but the machine isnt quick enough to switch over before you begin pumping

if you verified that the machine clicks between octanes, and you do this right (which isnt hard) you will know that you sare still pumping the highest grade, becuase the machine didnt switch over
the computer has as shown on the screen, price per gallon, how many gallons pumped and your wallet
Old 06-30-2003, 04:32 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
dude, just hose down the nearest bystander with the crappy 87 for the first gallon or so, and then put the rest of the good stuff in your car.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:39 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Or the nearest non-standard color WRX you can find.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:47 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
i tend to only buy gas at Shell stations, and they all seem to run the high speed, pumps with one nozzle for each grade of gas. as such, i don't worry about it much.

dude, just hose down the nearest bystander with the crappy 87 for the first gallon or so, and then put the rest of the good stuff in your car.
hmmm, i love the smell of petrol in the morning....smells like...victory.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
i allways just pump a gal or so on the ground before i put it in my sezzy car..

Did you know those things shoot pretty damn far...

haha bring back memories of gas fights we used to have..

Straight zoolander style yo!

Quick Reply: so are you really getting all 91 octane from the pumps?