So where's all the ol' schoolers at?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
how about the JC Sports turbo kit group buy?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 1992 Toyota Sera
OMG, Alan, Rich, Jansen ... wow, haven't seen you guys in a HELLA long time!

Speaking of which, I haven't used the word "HELLA" in a hella long time ... dang, maybe it's time to think about moving back... graduating hopefully this December, maybe going to apply for Canadian immigration, but depends on the job market, I guess. Anybody know any good user interface designer gigs up in Vancouver or the Bay Area?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 PM

Wanna talk bout old school,....Sorry a little off topic.

Me and Krinkov were Street racing each other when we both had Hondas back in 1998...7 years ago...one the highways of Santa Rosa doing 140+ LOL.

He had some worked up CRX, me with a crazy hatchback...those were the days.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Speaking of old school (that's like me talking about A Tribe Called Quest as old school) and Hondas, I still remember the Wheel Connection/Speed Image 10 sec. CRX. People jumped for joy when they found out Hondas could go that fast. ^_^
Old 07-27-2005, 06:33 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
I got on i-club shortly after buying my 99 obs, and from their ive posted under the names sighborg, plaincrash, and obviously this one. My infrequent public appearences are fondly rememered as "the kid who showed up to an install in auburn and talked a lot about datsun 510's and volvo p 1800's", "that kid who sold ted a 510" and "that kid who showed up at subydude one time".Thats it, really.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I was at UCKK one night, and I think Adam from LIC has a JC Sports Intake or exhaust, and I just about hit the ground in laughter. JC Sports, lol :rollseyes"
Oh yeah, JC Sports. I bought my first mods from them when I was in Colorado visiting one year. First up was a 20mm rear bar and that intake, that thing was loud as hell, sounded like a banshee or something I then proceeded with the infamous turbo kit group buy, which took 9 months to recieve. Considering some people never got theirs, I'm not complaining now. It was actually a good kit, it's still in action to this day, it lives on in Noah's MY98 Legacy GT.

So, I think I've been around about 5 or 6 years, not sure anymore. It seems like it's been so long, but in reality it hasn't. Sometimes I think about some old schoolers and realize how many of us have become part of the automotive industry in some way. It's kinda cool to turn your hobby/passion into business that you enjoy. How far install-fest have come

Rich: How's it going? I think I last saw you at RIM '04 Good to see you coming back to the area. And everyone else, been a while, I think I spoke with Joe not too long ago and Jansen, it would have been just before you went down south for school with the turbo kit.

Good times,
-Adam
(mcgyver)
Old 07-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Modilator4Rife

Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
Oh yeah, JC Sports. I bought my first mods from them when I was in Colorado visiting one year. First up was a 20mm rear bar and that intake, that thing was loud as hell, sounded like a banshee or something I then proceeded with the infamous turbo kit group buy, which took 9 months to recieve. Considering some people never got theirs, I'm not complaining now. It was actually a good kit, it's still in action to this day, it lives on in Noah's MY98 Legacy GT.

So, I think I've been around about 5 or 6 years, not sure anymore. It seems like it's been so long, but in reality it hasn't. Sometimes I think about some old schoolers and realize how many of us have become part of the automotive industry in some way. It's kinda cool to turn your hobby/passion into business that you enjoy. How far install-fest have come

Rich: How's it going? I think I last saw you at RIM '04 Good to see you coming back to the area. And everyone else, been a while, I think I spoke with Joe not too long ago and Jansen, it would have been just before you went down south for school with the turbo kit.

Good times,
-Adam
(mcgyver)

I actually had a modified version of a kit they never finished making. T3/T28 turbo with re-done up and down pipes and their oil pan was actually pretty good I'll give them that. Everything else was all done up custom.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:01 PM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
ol' schooler and old too
Old 07-27-2005, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
wednesday night drags at sears point with adam messing with the AVC-R right. good times. install fests becoming I-Speed. one of the first WRX swaps in the south bay. calvin being one of the first cilents. all this will go down in the history books. glad i can say i was sorta part of this history.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:20 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by DoorKnob
Yea, I think I've been around for around 6 years now. More of a lurker now than a poster...

Daaaaaaamn! Haven't seen you in ages!
Old 07-29-2005, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I'm not old school, but I DO remember when my shortcut for impreza-rs.com stopped working and I had to change it to i-club.com. :rotfl: