So what did you guys think of Fast n Furious Tokyo Drift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:01 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Thumbs up The simple truth?

Best of the three.

Best directed, best produced and best camera work by far. Same story line done a bit better all around.

I lived in Tokyo for 2 years right as the banzai boys started drifting. Caught two garage races and they NAILED that to a 'T'. It was like a friggin' car/sex show each time inside. Noise was deafening.

They even got the model scene in Tokyo nailed in 5 minutes. They turn into little ***** as soon as they get there, can't explain it other then 17/18 year olds free from their parents and in a foreign country for the 1st time.

There is a huge multi-national scene in the Hiro district and when I was there that was a large center for the 'action'... all the high line dealers are nearby as were the 'tuning shops'. Got everywhere by bike as ride stayed in storage on the mainland.

Drifters help them this time, DK and Millen. Do you want to guess which one did the perfect drift in the 350 and EVO the last two floors of the spiral exit onto the garage roof?

They are all 'popcorn' fair. But, I'll tell you what after 25 years of making my coin driving and producing commercials for cars... this was well worth the $5.25 I paid to see the 1st matinee on opening day.

There was more then one scene that I realized I am still but a rookie driver ~ and I was paid good money to drive fast for 2 decades! Some respect for A+ driving and some very daring crane/camera moves are in order.

How about the POV where we drive off the cliff and fall to the road below, only to rejoin the race just as they ramp down to slow mo in a perfect smokey drift C/U of wonder boy?

Last edited by NW OBS; 06-17-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
i bet when guys from gruppe-s and MPj watchs this, they are gonna wish they'd opened up a shop in japan instead. The tuners there had two jobs, tuner/pimp (with their hoes living in the shop to save money) lol. :banana:
Old 06-18-2006, 12:25 AM

Car Info: 02 SUBARU WRX
just back from theater....tokoyo drift is better than the first two. and i have hell laugh when that guy wear sissy shoes
Old 06-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
i bet when guys from gruppe-s and MPj watchs this, they are gonna wish they'd opened up a shop in japan instead. The tuners there had two jobs, tuner/pimp (with their hoes living in the shop to save money) lol. :banana:
trust me, Gruppe-s has enough hoes living there already, some of them even expect to get a paycheck
Old 06-18-2006, 01:07 AM

Car Info: '04 WRB WRX
Just got back, I knew I will see this thread. I think the movie is not too bad :P
Old 06-18-2006, 03:52 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
i was disappointed... it was more destruction derby bumper car racing than drifting.
^^ I agree. But hey the movie was free so whatever...lol
Old 06-18-2006, 11:21 AM

Car Info: wrx
you guys actually watched it? lol nothing better to do eh?
Old 06-18-2006, 12:06 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i liked that song by teriyaki boyz-tokyo drift, the girl part only not the fob rap part -if you seen it then you mean it then you know you have to go
Old 06-18-2006, 12:11 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
^ yeah some of the japanese music and alot of the other general music was pretty good, who's opening song was that? the one when everyone is going to school in America?
Old 06-18-2006, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Bugeye & Kawasaki Z1000
i liked the movie
Old 06-18-2006, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
i liked that song by teriyaki boyz-tokyo drift, the girl part only not the fob rap part -if you seen it then you mean it then you know you have to go
they have done a few really good songs with living legends
Old 06-18-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by NW OBS
Drifters help them this time, DK and Millen. Do you want to guess which one did the perfect drift in the 350 and EVO the last two floors of the spiral exit onto the garage roof?

haven't saw it yet or even read about the movie online, but if it's the one scene that they showed in the tv trailers, I'm guessing it took them a lot of attempts to get that one "perfect" drift.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:35 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
haven't saw it yet or even read about the movie online, but if it's the one scene that they showed in the tv trailers, I'm guessing it took them a lot of attempts to get that one "perfect" drift.
if you buy the Franchise set for the other two movies, they also have a DVD that shows the making, at the car sits on a track going up that ramp.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by rau
if you buy the Franchise set for the other two movies, they also have a DVD that shows the making, at the car sits on a track going up that ramp.

so it wasn't even a drift? lol
Old 06-18-2006, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 08 Evo 10 MR
240 owners hate this movie, coz Cops will start pulling them over! Anyway is there any subaru on the movie? I think there's a Z and Evo's in the movie.

Quick Reply: So what did you guys think of Fast n Furious Tokyo Drift?