So I'm looking to build a motor up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I had one last three pulls....
I wouldn't brag about that... hell even I last twice that many before I go....
Old 05-13-2009, 07:54 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
wait... so this was the rebuilt motor that blew?

did I miss something? Was this the original dyno tune? I'm confused.
This was the second engine in my car. This came from a local shop that bent valves in my engine. After a few months, I got the heads rebuilt and a STi short block installed.
Then after break in I installed the atp turbo and had a leak down done at the same time. The #1 cylinder was having small issues. That shop will never see my car again. I moved on.

So with the AtP turbo installed I needed to get the car tuned. So I sent it to the tuner that tuned it. Car ran ok, Then I went to the drags and logged the car. Which we found some not so ok stuff. So after retuning the car the 4th time. I got onto the freeway and rolled on the throttle a bit. Everything fine. Then I slowed to log the car in 3rd and car halfway thru stopped making power and started running slow.

Got it back to the house with EGT's skyrocketing and smoking.
I went to turn the engine over and it didnt have that even spin. I know something went wrong.

The rest is well done......

But never fear. we will have it back togther and running stronger, faster and better.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 PM
banned

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I had one last three pulls on the dyno before "knock...knock...knock...knock...knock" set in.
And that was setting the AFRs with no boost.

Without seeing the logs....and I do not want to see them...my guess is too much being asked of the stock pistons.
Hypereutectickenetic FTW!!!
Yeah **** happens... Thats why we have subaru factory warrenties...
Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by I<3subie
This was the second engine in my car. This came from a local shop that bent valves in my engine. After a few months, I got the heads rebuilt and a STi short block installed.
Then after break in I installed the atp turbo and had a leak down done at the same time. The #1 cylinder was having small issues. That shop will never see my car again. I moved on.

So with the AtP turbo installed I needed to get the car tuned. So I sent it to the tuner that tuned it. Car ran ok, Then I went to the drags and logged the car. Which we found some not so ok stuff. So after retuning the car the 4th time. I got onto the freeway and rolled on the throttle a bit. Everything fine. Then I slowed to log the car in 3rd and car halfway thru stopped making power and started running slow.

Got it back to the house with EGT's skyrocketing and smoking.
I went to turn the engine over and it didnt have that even spin. I know something went wrong.

The rest is well done......

But never fear. we will have it back togther and running stronger, faster and better.
Sounds like you've invested a lot in your Suby, both financial and other, I hope it comes together smoothly for you.

Taking it to Cobb for a tune considering the local talent is a brave decision, but I appreciate the fact that you've taken the high ground and moved on from past experiences.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 PM
banned

I think after reviewing what happen with my custody battle today. I think it might be time to part this out or sell the car.

Might just be time to sell the bikes, cars, and house and move the f;;; out of California.

Mom can be just short of a crackhead and still be better then the father in California's eyes. I have everything set for my son and well even with moms problemed older son, She's still better then I am. So I think its time forget and to move on.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by I<3subie
I think after reviewing what happen with my custody battle today. I think it might be time to part this out or sell the car.

Might just be time to sell the bikes, cars, and house and move the f;;; out of California.

Mom can be just short of a crackhead and still be better then the father in California's eyes. I have everything set for my son and well even with moms problemed older son, She's still better then I am. So I think its time forget and to move on.
That sucks, you have a nice list of parts. I'm headed for AZ in a few years, CA can rot in its own stupidity.