So I'm curious...(how many switched from Subaru to another brand?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:06 PM

Car Info: Heated Leather Seats
sold the Legacy and got an Element almost a year ago.

I may not get there as fast but I am going to enjoy the trip a helluva lot more. Plus the club camping trips are awesome!

Name:  DSC00665.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  45.6 KB
Old 09-16-2007, 10:11 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by SnoHumper
nice video there man..

not much sliding going on in my car right now its on 5 1/2 cylinders lol
haha dangggg swedish 5 1/2 cylinder design? or old audi style

Originally Posted by Rat
+1 (or is it two...?)
And F the whole gay thing, I'm comfortable in my sexuality! To be honest it's almost as much fun as the STi I just sold but in a completely different way.
Yeah, if youre truly passionate about driving you could care less what people think. And yeah its for sure one of the top 10 cars that will be in the history books in 100 years i guarantee it.

Originally Posted by mattsn0w
NICE! I remember taping that. Your mad video editing skills make my camera skills look awesome.

Sept 30th dood! UFO IS BACK!!
I <3 UFO! Nice tight courses keeping you on your toes...Plus they dont care if i skateboard the course walk, unlike scca...pfff..
Old 09-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
Originally Posted by Rat
Didn't like your fit?
I loved it, but it was a little too cheap/slow/small for me. There was only one comfortable seating position, took awhile to get up to speed on the freeway, no maplights, no storage, carpet was felt covered cardboard,etc. Also the seat made my friends back hurt (he messed it up in Iraq) and hes in the car almost as much as I am. Dont get me wrong tho, it was a great car for what it was. Lots of space on the inside, handled amazing, great stereo, dash and all was great materials/quality, I liked the blue lights inside. It was like a go-cart and I tossed it around like no ones business, I've never been more connected to a car. That was one of the problems, when I was going the speed limit it felt like it was going slow since I knew how to control it. But since people are unpredictable and the cops dont like "dangerous" driving I had to make a change. It was really hard to keep it slow.

I was getting a recall taken care of and to kill time I was looking at the used cars. I saw the 4Runner in the color/trim I wanted and so I looked at it. It was really comfortable to sit in, had lots of cool little features, and tons of space. Only had 17k miles on it, not bad for an 05. Took it for a test drive and I really liked it. The V6 was strong and the ride was nice. I had rented a GMC Canyon and a Wrangler before so I knew I liked the body on frame feel, and this had it. The price had been 26000 originally, they had a sale going on and they were asking 24000. I told them I'd give them 20000 and the haggling was on. Talked them down to 21500 and signed the papers.

From

to

Last edited by KGB4187; 09-17-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:28 AM

my mom has a scion xB, super nice going to san diego 80-100 mph 4-5rpms all while getting 32 mpg!

if only it were RWD and a lower top, the thing has SCARY unpredictable oversteer, thats why it has stability control and thats why it isnt so much fun to drive

a TON of room in those xBs tho...as long as you dont mod a scion, you wont look like a douche
Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
went back to honda to prove a point, i was tired of all the awd guys bagging on honda's all the time, why cant people be true car enthusiast and appreciate whatever cars for there specific good qualities? so here i am, slowly setting up the suspension on my integra type r just to **** of higher powered cars on the track.. much like the miata post previously posted :banana:

ask internationalb, my itr almost convinced him to get a fwd car
Old 09-17-2007, 01:05 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
most likely a 135i, unless they make the 08 sti amazingly awesome.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I sold my '03 WRX Sedan (bought new) in 2004 and got a 2001 coupe because I needed something I could pay off since I was quitting my job and moving to Hawaii. I have since moved back and sold the RS for a 2004 VW R32. Now, I am trying to sell the R32 to get a silver 2003 WRX Wagon. The R32 is a kick-*** car, and I would own another one again under different circumstances, but I think the WRX is for me. The wagon will be handy for carrying crap, camping and other stuff and I like the idea of having a cheaper car I can mod the heck out of instead of a more expensive car that I am skeerd of. Plus I am pretty excited about doing up the suspension on a WRX that I will actually keep.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
went back to honda to prove a point, i was tired of all the awd guys bagging on honda's all the time, why cant people be true car enthusiast and appreciate whatever cars for there specific good qualities? so here i am, slowly setting up the suspension on my integra type r just to **** of higher powered cars on the track.. much like the miata post previously posted :banana:

A real intergra Type R is bad ***. It isn't the fastest car in the world, but it handles very well. Honda did a great job at balancing that thing. I love that car. If I was into Hondas, I'd totally get one.

I like all sorts of cars, but a mostly like subies because they fit my lifestyle!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

If you ever want to talk honda suspension drop me a line...my civic handled WAY better than my wagon and my wagon handles pretty damn well...

My civic at one point had Zeal Coil Overs. Comptech 24mm rear sway bar/tie bar. 27mm CTR front sway bar. CTR control arms front and rear. Front and rear strut bars. You could probably pick the whole dam car up by one wheel. 16k/12k springs.

Quite honestly....I might be moving away from subaru myself. I LOVE my car. I bought it for the snow and that's the only reason I'll get another one.

I may end up selling mine and buying either a 510/vw/old civic to drive daily. Take what's left and pay down my wife's auto loan. Then pay her car off. Once her car is paid off we'll sell her car and either buy a forester xt sport or some kind of truck. Toyota Tacoma quad cab 4x4 maybe. That's what she really wants.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 AM

i saw him in a cool lookin red jetta, along with his 86...and his subaru ive never seen
Old 09-17-2007, 03:11 PM

Car Info: sc300
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
haha dangggg swedish 5 1/2 cylinder design? or old audi style
its a special engine design lexus only made in 93....
LOL!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:34 PM

dang tha means one of your cylinders and piston is shaped like a D! wow thats where all teh power must come from
Old 09-17-2007, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If you ever want to talk honda suspension drop me a line...my civic handled WAY better than my wagon and my wagon handles pretty damn well...

My civic at one point had Zeal Coil Overs. Comptech 24mm rear sway bar/tie bar. 27mm CTR front sway bar. CTR control arms front and rear. Front and rear strut bars. You could probably pick the whole dam car up by one wheel. 16k/12k springs.
cool, its a little harder to find honda heads that are into handling, i think im gonna go w/ ohlins coilovers if allowed to order 16k/14k spring rates, what do you think? as far as the rest of the suspension im still unsure, all i have in my head right now is. 16x8.5 front 16x7.5 rear probably te37's on 225/45/16 or something close (still not sure what tire) all around, and for sure have to upgrade my lsd, can't find much info on sway bars though.. haha

Last edited by krzyxrevver12; 09-17-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:55 PM

Car Info: 04' WRB Wagon
I still own the wagon because of how practical a car it is, plus it's fun to drive. But I did get my black man's bentley (Chrysler 300 Hemi C). I had to get my grown man on at some point.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by damey1
I still own the wagon because of how practical a car it is, plus it's fun to drive. But I did get my black man's bentley (Chrysler 300 Hemi C). I had to get my grown man on at some point.

Haha! Black man's Bently. Living in Antioch, that is sooo true.

IBthat'sracistanimatedgif

Quick Reply: So I'm curious...(how many switched from Subaru to another brand?)