So I went out shopping for used STI's tonight and stumbled upon the 08...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:00 AM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
So I went out shopping for used STI's tonight and stumbled upon the 08...

It was at capitol subaru. I'm waiting for the 08 STI now. Hands down, its amazing and I haven't even driven it yet. I suppose a bunch of you saw it in person at the event they held but...wow. Beautiful.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
well it might be slower than the old STI, but at least its heavier and more expensive.

Last edited by Krinkov; 12-08-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Krinkov
well it might be slower than the old STI, but at least its heavier and more expensive.
If your refering to the tsukaba lap times those were set in Spec-C RA's, RA-R's and various other uber models . It's also about 50 LB's lighter then the outgoin chassis , at least the JDM model is. Unless they changed something in the USDM one it should also be 50 LB's lighter then our old model. As for the price, the beauty is worth it.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
but atleast its fastAr then the new evo!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jewbaru
If your refering to the tsukaba lap times those were set in Spec-C RA's, RA-R's and various other uber models . It's also about 50 LB's lighter then the outgoin chassis , at least the JDM model is. Unless they changed something in the USDM one it should also be 50 LB's lighter then our old model. As for the price, the beauty is worth it.
good to know, didnt say anything about those being spec_cs in the article, where did you hear about that? Also heard the US spec STI was 3400lb curb, guess we'll see
Old 12-08-2007, 12:28 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
good to know, didnt say anything about those being spec_cs in the article, where did you hear about that? Also heard the US spec STI was 3400lb curb, guess we'll see
If you read the comments on autoblog and a few other sites or spend the time to look up the lap times, those are the times set by the highest end track versions of each car available in japan at the time. So the Evo 6 time is a 6 TME and like the subeys are all Spec-C's are better.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:10 AM
pwn

Dude, you can always change it to make it faster or to handle better. But honestly, the sti is just a NICER car in general. It has an awesome interior and looks really good on the outside. The seats are super comfortable, and if I give up a tiny bit of rough edge, thats fine. With a tune the sucker is gonna pull.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:56 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Man, the new Evo's got that semi-auto paddle shifter transmission, which would be great if I had an obnoxious commute or I lived or traveled to areas where there's a lot of hills. Too bad it looks like a glorified Diamante. It's not uber ugly, but it isn't that great looking either. I'm a sucker for hatchbacks, so the new STi looks nice to me and the interior took a huge step forward and they finally stole a few good ideas from their higher selling competitors like Toyota and Honda. Based on the photos, where the things are placed inside makes more sense with the newer Imprezas.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by pwn
Dude, you can always change it to make it faster or to handle better. But honestly, the sti is just a NICER car in general. It has an awesome interior and looks really good on the outside. The seats are super comfortable, and if I give up a tiny bit of rough edge, thats fine. With a tune the sucker is gonna pull.
well in any case, I'd DEF take the new STI over the new EVO, and its nice the STI FINALLY gets a proper grey paint option,
cheers!
Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
How much are these things going for?
Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 AM

Car Info: N/A Forester 2013
When i stopped by on thursday there was a guy from Subaru of America there who knew way to much about way to much haha. He said fully loaded minus Recaro seats if they make it which is a 5000!!!!! option!!!!! Ok back on path. The full loaded STI is going to be low 40's after taxs and stuff...
Old 12-08-2007, 06:59 AM

Car Info: 2001RSTI
It definately looks better in person than in pics. My only complaint is the passive styling of the front. Im sure the aftermarket or later models will sort that out. But overall the car looks better than the GD IMO. It even looks lighter. The underpinnings and suspension also look simpler and more well thought out. I bet the STI will have excellent handling.

As far as the Evo is concerned....It looks like it's in business casual attire and they added the SST tranny obviously to expand the marketabilty of the car and make it available to dip$#!ts who can't heel/toe.

Now if I ever plan on getting a new car id go back to my roots and go Nissan.............GTR
Old 12-08-2007, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
well in any case, I'd DEF take the new STI over the new EVO, and its nice the STI FINALLY gets a proper grey paint option,
cheers!

yes.

cheers,

Preston
Old 12-08-2007, 02:26 PM
pwn

So the dealers aren't getting many in for the year, in some cases under ten!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
cheers!
the new evo sucks. might as well by a volvo s60. it looks like a crappier version of one.

Quick Reply: So I went out shopping for used STI's tonight and stumbled upon the 08...