So goddamn sad

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I am so sorry man, I know that pain all to well. I found this poem many many years ago and it has always helped me a little bit when I feel the sadness come on, I hope it can help you too.

<Rainbow Bridge>
Old 12-27-2011, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Sorry for your loss. People say parents should never out live their children and I feel losing a pet is equally hard.

Just remember that you gave your dog the best life possible and your dog did the same back to you.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Sorry for your loss man, it always sucks to lose a member of your family, and pets definitely qualify
Old 12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by FW Motorsports

I've put down several animals/pets in my life and cry every time I do it.
It gets harder & harder every time.

I hope that's not the case. I was a friggin mess with Rufus.

I had to put down Paloma and bury her. That was hard but nothing compared to rufus. I had to carry Rosie into the vet to die and that was tough. Lost and buried several other pets over my life.

But with Rufus it was different. I literally slept on the floor with him and didn't leave his side for the final 5 days. Watching the life drain out of him was the single most difficult part of my life and I've lost very close family members over the years. I had to tell my grandmother that it was o.k. to let go and say goodbye to my grandfather as well as bury 2 parents.

It put such a huge dent in my soul that I can't not seem to get attached to our new dog. He's a good dog but it's just not there. I consider him my wife and my daughters dog even though he spends ALL day every day with me.

Maybe again I'll find a partner like Rufus but I don't think it will ever be the same. Usually with me if something cuts me that hard it takes a good long time to drop the guard if it ever truly drops again.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I hope that's not the case. I was a friggin mess with Rufus.

I had to put down Paloma and bury her. That was hard but nothing compared to rufus. I had to carry Rosie into the vet to die and that was tough. Lost and buried several other pets over my life.

But with Rufus it was different. I literally slept on the floor with him and didn't leave his side for the final 5 days. Watching the life drain out of him was the single most difficult part of my life and I've lost very close family members over the years. I had to tell my grandmother that it was o.k. to let go and say goodbye to my grandfather as well as bury 2 parents.

It put such a huge dent in my soul that I can't not seem to get attached to our new dog. He's a good dog but it's just not there. I consider him my wife and my daughters dog even though he spends ALL day every day with me.

Maybe again I'll find a partner like Rufus but I don't think it will ever be the same. Usually with me if something cuts me that hard it takes a good long time to drop the guard if it ever truly drops again.
it was the same with Stormy when I had to put her down (liver failed), I held her as the vet injected her.

However you will get over it, I didnt want to like our new pups at first, but they have become a part of my life, its not Stormy, but..they are special in their own way.