So goddamn sad

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:04 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
So goddamn sad

Had to put my dog to sleep tonite, My first dog. I didnt know it would hurt this much. Time to drink some whiskey and take the pain away.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:05 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
anyone in the evergreen area is welcome to come by and share the pain.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Identifier of i-Club members

Car Info: 2009 wrx
hella sorry to hear the bad news bro. if i lived closer i'd come have a drink or two for the cause. hope you're ok
Old 12-24-2011, 11:12 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Very sorry to hear it never gets easier but hang in there.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:16 PM

Car Info: 2010 Sti

Sorry for your lost,
John
Old 12-24-2011, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon
Sorry to hear of your loss....

I know how you feel. I had my cat for 19 years, and had to put her down a couple months ago. It's still sad to this day. Hard to get over.

Your pet is in a better place now, though. Pain free.

...my condolences.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:43 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

dude,

i feel your pain.

i also had to put our pet dog down. it was the saddest thing that has happened to me. i walked him around the vets office. knowing that soon i will walk him inside for, well...

that is the reason i still cant have a pet dog these days. knowing that one day i will do the same thing again...

damn dog years...
Old 12-24-2011, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Seriously like losing family. So sorry to hear man. I lost the dog I grew up with q few years ago. Terrible feeling man. My condolences to you
Old 12-25-2011, 12:09 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Had to put my dog to sleep tonite, My first dog. I didnt know it would hurt this much. Time to drink some whiskey and take the pain away.
I feel your pain, I had to put my huge 115pound Mastiff down on December 6th. She was only 4 1/2 years old, long story short we rescued her. After a few days of owning her she had a runny nose so we took her to my wife's Vet she works at and found out she had a foxtail in her nose. It was in her nose so long she got some deadly fungus, we spent a lot of money saving her and spending thousands on just pills not including the other crazy stuff that was done to save her. After 6 months of treating her she was fungus free, she lived a happy life for 3 1/2 years after until mid November when she got a mild cough that we thought was kennel cough, after a week and not getting any better and the cough getting worse we took he to the Vet my wife works at. They took X-rays and thought she has pneumonia. Week later she is worse so we take her back and took more X-rays to find out it was worse, so they gave us another drug to treat a different type of pneumonia, few days pass and she turns for the worse. Take her again to the Vet to find out her whole body was shutting down and the Deadly Fungus had came back 3 1/2 years later and got in her lymph node's and spread through out her whole body. We took her home to say our good bye's and spend some time with her and that was one of the hardest things I have had to do. You never think you build such a bond with your pets but you do. We then took her back to say our good bye's and put her to sleep, was so hard to watch them put the needle in and watch her just pass away, all I could do is tell her she was a good girl.......
Old 12-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Identifier of i-Club members

Car Info: 2009 wrx
Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
I feel your pain, I had to put my huge 115pound Mastiff down on December 6th. She was only 4 1/2 years old, long story short we rescued her. After a few days of owning her she had a runny nose so we took her to my wife's Vet she works at and found out she had a foxtail in her nose. It was in her nose so long she got some deadly fungus, we spent a lot of money saving her and spending thousands on just pills not including the other crazy stuff that was done to save her. After 6 months of treating her she was fungus free, she lived a happy life for 3 1/2 years after until mid November when she got a mild cough that we thought was kennel cough, after a week and not getting any better and the cough getting worse we took he to the Vet my wife works at. They took X-rays and thought she has pneumonia. Week later she is worse so we take her back and took more X-rays to find out it was worse, so they gave us another drug to treat a different type of pneumonia, few days pass and she turns for the worse. Take her again to the Vet to find out her whole body was shutting down and the Deadly Fungus had came back 3 1/2 years later and got in her lymph node's and spread through out her whole body. We took her home to say our good bye's and spend some time with her and that was one of the hardest things I have had to do. You never think you build such a bond with your pets but you do. We then took her back to say our good bye's and put her to sleep, was so hard to watch them put the needle in and watch her just pass away, all I could do is tell her she was a good girl.......
honestly that might have made my eyes leak a little. such a close story to what i went through with my old cat. his collar stays over my shift **** to this day, because when i die in my car i want to have a small piece of him with me.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
I never understood why some people treat there pets better then people, until we got a cat, 2 years later he went out and never came back, i still think one day he will come back. come to think of it those 2 years where one of the hardest we went trough. i think God send us pets for a reason, when He thinks we are strong enough to be on our own, he takes them back. im sorry for your lost, dont be sad, keep the good memories going
Old 12-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Quite possibly one of the hardest things for me is losing a pet. My pets are more than just pets, they are my family. I'm sorry man.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Sorry for your loss and the terrible timing. I lost mine almost 2 years ago. Ripped a whole so big in me I still tear up when I look at his ashes or a photo. You need anything haller.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:17 AM

Car Info: drives a STi
Sorry for the loss of your loved one. Not only was a pet, but a friend and family member.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:21 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza 2.5 RS Midnight Black Pearl
I still feel horrible about mine. Left in the evening to go fix a friends computer who I hadn't seen in probably a year. Come home to my dog totally disoriented, just walking stumbling around frantically with labored breathing. She couldn't sleep and in honesty neither could I. Tried to stay up with her, but 6am rolled around and she wasn't any better I knew it was her time. Took her to the vet and they agreed there was nothing that could be done, she was suffering so much she passed in my arms.

The good news, she as 15 years old (really old for a cocker spaniel), was deaf, half blind, and had been having these seizures/strokes (vet couldn't explain it) for 3 years. Every time she had one, I thought it was her time but shed spring right back up a minute later like nothing happened.

I'm just glad I got to say goodbye to her that last time, and only wished she hadn't suffered that night.

God, what a horribly depressing thread for Christmas eve :'(

Sorry for your loss man. As you can see, been there.... :'(

Quick Reply: So goddamn sad