So give me the scoop on Carlsen Subaru (vs. Santa Cruz)...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Question So give me the scoop on Carlsen Subaru (vs. Santa Cruz)...

In the process of putting in an order for a 2005 STi. With all the great feedback about Santa Cruz Subaru, asking them for a quote was a no-brainer... but of course, in the process, I'm requesting quotes from several dealers in the area.

While Santa Cruz quoted me invoice +$1000, Carlsen Subaru of Redwood City quoted me invoice + $750! Now of course I'm still waiting for some other quotes, and I've also replied to Santa Cruz asking if they can beat Carlsen's price... but in the meantime--

--what can you guys tell me about Carlsen Subaru?

I've checked some of the old posts, and they seem to be pretty well regarded as one of the "better" dealers... (though I'm sure anything is "better" than steven's creek ) ...but I'm wondering if anyone else has had some first hand experience with this dealership and can lend an opnion...?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
I bought my car (PSM 2002 WRX at 7.1.02) and have it serviced there once in a while for some of the more tedious tasks. I have referred countless others to this dealership, and have convinced many more to buy their 2005 Legacies from Carlsens.

In terms of the service and help I get, it is unmatched. If you're at Carlsen's, Larry and Kevin will never fail to amaze you with their knowledge and manners. You're not digging yourself a hole if you were to shop there.

I can't say much about Santa Cruz because I haven't been there (I live in San Jose so Carlsens was closer) but from what I have read over the past 2.5 years, its a treat for you to choose either place to buy from.

- James
Old 06-03-2004, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Wow! Great testamonial--thanks! It's good to know people feel good about this dealership...

I'm heavily considering Carlsen's because of the convenience factor as well...
Old 06-04-2004, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
hey tell me if they decide to beat the price, and exactly how much is 750 over invoice..cuz im not sure, but id love to know, and is this no options?
Old 08-12-2004, 01:03 AM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
I hear good things about either one. I always say buy it where you are most likely to get it serviced if you need to.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
A good friend of mine loves Santa Cruz Subaru. I've always heard good things about Carlsen too. I'll put this in BAIC (your local regional forum) so you can get a better response.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
750 over is too much

Call Larry Fung, tell him you got recommended from i-club...and to give you his best deal.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
I had the easiest car purchase at Santa Cruz. They didn't send me to a 'financial advisor', Sandy the sales person took my cheque, and he didn't try to sell me anything extra like the extended warranty. Basically finished all the paperwork in less than 10 minutes.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:23 PM

you'll be out of carlsen subaru in less than 2 hours with a happy face.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I picked up my wagon from Carlsen. Alan Vincent was my sales rep. I didn't hassel a whole lot. The price was fair from the start. Nice people, decent location. Although if I-club has a relationship with Santa Cruz you may want to consider there. Like a virtua group buy, if you will.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
I just picked up my 05' STI from santa cruz subaru last night. I also ordered it. I did pay $1000 over invoice as well, but don't forget their customer for life program.

Free oil changes for 3 yrs or 60k miles
10% off parts and merchandise
Free car wash after every service
Free car rental for major service

Thats the best offer I have seen, also I had the most quickest, relaxing car purchase than I have ever had before.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SuzWRX
I just picked up my 05' STI from santa cruz subaru last night. I also ordered it. I did pay $1000 over invoice as well, but don't forget their customer for life program.

Thats the best offer I have seen, also I had the most quickest, relaxing car purchase than I have ever had before.
congrats on the STI!

I had the same experience... Charlie Yeo sold me the car (cyyeo on i-club). They beat the lowest price I was quoted and the "customer for life" program was hard to pass up.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by SuzWRX

Carlsen has all that except the oil change.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:26 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Carlsen has all that except the oil change.
How's the part prices between the 2? I found Santa Cruz to be quite expensive - its only just about internet prices (subaruparts.com, etc) after 10% off.

Quick Reply: So give me the scoop on Carlsen Subaru (vs. Santa Cruz)...