so it finally happened... (ticket to see State Ref)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Ohhhhhhhhhh, now I recognize the car!
Old 09-29-2004, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by WyldKardzWRX
i was told that you can only pay the fine if you have a bul1**** excuse. like sold the car or car not operating at the moment. correct me if i heard wrong.

pete
Well, it's like any other ticket...you get a notification in tha mail. It says "pay $$$ if corrected, and submit proof"....and "pay $$$ if not corrected".

I paid the "non-corrected" fine of between $260.-$300. (cant remember how much) and was still able to register my car a few months later.

My friend told me that he did the same thing, and still registered his car too. So, I did it and it did work. Like I said, all the governement wants is your $$$$$

But it's up to you if you want to do this or not. Just wait til the ticket come into the mail...I think you still have like 30 days to fix it ( if thats what you ecide to do) after you recieve the notification...

If thats what you do decide to do...(fix it)...it doesnt take long to change back to stock...if you are mechanically inclined

When I went to sell my car, I put it back to stock in like 2 days (sat-sunday...by myself ) I had everything modded...FMIC, coilovers, Big brake kit, injectors, turbo, Turbo inlet pipe, Intake, TBE exhaust, headers, fuel pump, defi gauges, Fuel rails, Turbo timer, JDM Headlights, body parts and wing, and more.....

cant wait to fix it up again lol

-freddie
Old 09-29-2004, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
So who here has gone to the ref with an fmic? I dont care if your friend did it, did you?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
Was it CHP or Hayward's finest?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
When I got a state ref ticket I couldn't just pay the fine... I had to take it to the state ref. etc...
Old 09-30-2004, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
When I got a state ref ticket I couldn't just pay the fine... I had to take it to the state ref. etc...
why is that? did you get a notification in the mail? Maybe they are all different...or something.

All I know, is I was asked to "pop my hood" and he looked at my car and gave me a ticket for intake and exhaust...and told me I had to go to the ref to get it sighned off. But as you have read...I didnt, and evertything had been cool.

Also, they wrote down my mileage to make sure I wasnt driving my car without it being fixed...but that didnt matter....scare tactic maybe lol

-freddie
Old 09-30-2004, 12:19 AM

ps....thats a sweet looking wagon ^

-freddie
Old 09-30-2004, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
why is that? did you get a notification in the mail? Maybe they are all different...or something.

All I know, is I was asked to "pop my hood" and he looked at my car and gave me a ticket for intake and exhaust...and told me I had to go to the ref to get it sighned off. But as you have read...I didnt, and evertything had been cool.

Also, they wrote down my mileage to make sure I wasnt driving my car without it being fixed...but that didnt matter....scare tactic maybe lol

-freddie
No actually a ticket I got in Fremont for modified exhaust, he put some other CVC code on there and told me I can only drive my car home or to a repair shop and that's it. But didn't write down the mileage. When I went to CHP to get the ticket signed off, the woman said the other CVC code was a warning not to drive the car. But she didn't pay any mind to it.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:02 AM

AWD20T, I'm about to strap a FMIC on my STi, and would love any information about the FMIC being legal..., if you have any. Then in case i get pulled over and he doesn't see the SR/50 and ignores the exhaust, i can tell him the FMIC is ok and he leaves me alone...

thanks
Old 09-30-2004, 10:49 AM

just tell them it came as a factoy option....tell him the EVO's have them too.

I only got pulled over 1 time for any of my mods....I wouldnt worry too much guys. Either that, or dont mod your cars.

-freddie
Old 09-30-2004, 10:50 AM

Car Info: '21 STI
If you do get pulled over, don't argue. Cops hate a smart ***. Even though he may be wrong, just cooperate and don't say anything to make him be even more of an *******.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:00 PM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
I am with this as well. Just be polite and take the ticket. I kept discussing/questioning my tinted front windows ticket and the guy kept giving me a hard time (like do you have any tickets, where are you going, have you had anything to drink etc...). Finally I wised up and took the ticket and left.

By the way I had one San Ramon's finest right behind my car a few mins ago. That was like for 2-3 lights stopped for minutes at a time. He went straight I went left. He did not even looked. Byut then again my car is not so bling bling. Just the usual giant STi fin.

By the way Freddie do you remember the CV code number of your ticket? Usully those things do not change in a year.

Another question. Aren't they suppose to have a probable cause to pop your hood etc? Like if you are speeding and you get caught you may get the request to pop you hood and asked questions about your excaust. Supposingly one can pose a polite question why was the officer attracted to your car. Like he can say you were too loud going too fast etc..

Cheers and good luck.

Nick
Old 09-30-2004, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 991.1 GT3 | M2 CS
Talking

About 2 mondays ago, I finally got my ticket cleared (modified exhaust and emissions) and went to court. The judge dismissed the violations after showing him proof that my car was seen by a referee and a copy of the smog certificate. Only had to pay $10 bux for clerk fees. The bail out fine for me was $135, definitely felt good after the judge said pay 10 bux.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
when i got my 05 wrx 3 days later it broke down as if that wasnt bad enough, a cop rolls up and asks me not "are you ok" or "im sorry to hear that" but "how long have you had that aftermarket exhaust?" and as many of you know the 05 exhausts looks sorta sti so kinda "not stock", and i told him "its stock ive only had the car 3days" and he says "oh ya? i bet.. shouldnt have been racing.. is your BLOWER legal or do i need to check under the hood?"
as he said that he points to me hood.. that kinda made the night a little better knowing how stupid he was.

and fyi i wasnt racing.. i pulled out of an effin parking lot and my tranny was messed up from the 179 "test drive" miles that were on it before i got it.. although subaru doesnt seem to see it that way so 2300 dollars later here i am back on the road!

(2300 to replace the tranny and clutch, after i get them to pay atleast half. even with an extended warranty)

hhehe im not complaining right now, just a story to share.. besides.. how can one complain when they went 3 months without their Rex and just got it back.. its the best feeling in the world goin from gettin rides from yo momma to gettin your wrx back ahha..

-greg
Old 10-01-2004, 07:54 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I'm curious too... chp or hayward?

I see some people talking about their tinted windows here too... My friend drove an M3 with tinted windows all the way around (the front weren't as dark as the back) and he got pulled over for them. Luckily for the cop, my friend had a copy of the page in the vehicle code that states you can have 20% tint in front. Since there's no way to really measure it in the field and it wasn't super dark tint in front, the cop let him go.

I guess you always run a risk of looking like a smart *** to the cop, but it worked for him that time.

Quick Reply: so it finally happened... (ticket to see State Ref)