Snowboarding this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 03:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Snowboarding this weekend?

who's going?

Good chance I'll be at bear. Easter weekend and what not. My girlfriend is pretty pissed right now that I'm thinking about going snowboarding instead of going to SoCal for easter with her brother and what not.

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet but I thought I'd see who's going.

If I go..I'll be at bear.

62 inches people. 62 freaking inches.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:51 AM
General Pimpin'

you guys all missed out.

And on a side note...I KID YOU NOT> It was just SNOWING outside my window in San Francisco...only for a minute but WTF is that. madness.

but yeah it was sunny on sat and I was able to find fresh lines still...A LOT of fresh lines. haaaa. Sunday it froze up and was crunchy in the morning and really slow most of the day but I found more fresh lines. Couple fo 150 yard plus stretches..talking like 15 turns not crossing another line. yeah baby.

My legs gave me some trouble and I did some *****ing but I think I got some things figured out and the second half of sunday I killed it. Just can't jump yet.ha.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza OBS
Sounds like the week end was still good man. I called in sick last Wed. and went to Kirkwood.

My board is a 168 and I still had to lean back real hard. Pow wow up to my waist. All the chuttes were covered and lovely!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:47 AM
General Pimpin'

they got a foot last night and are getting hammered this morning. CRAZY.

I came down out of the hills around 7 or 8 last night and it was getting pounded.

I picked up a season pass to bear for the rest of this season and next season so I'm stoked.

big snow days not to many places in california better than kirkwood.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
Kirkwood aint bad, Im more of a south shore kind of rider. Sierra of Tahoe always has a nice park and plenty of SNOW to rip!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:26 PM
General Pimpin'

I love sierra. But since I don't ride park anymore I'm more into Kirkwood. Sugar Bowl. Stuff like that. I stick to the trees and "softbounds" haa.

But I used to kill Sierra. Love their park. Set up the way I like it. All different sizes of hits. Bears SUCKS. Not into Kirkwoods either. But hey..I don't ride park anymore.haa.

Get hurt a few times and you start to think twice. I've lost the majority of 4 different years do to injuries. booooooo.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
i went for the day to northstar on friday. the crowds of people were just insane! we pulled into lot K just after 9:30. wassup w/ that? already half their lot full when the lifts have only turned for half an hour.

looks like we got "double-whammied" by spring breakers...folks that have been on break since the previous wknd, plus folks just starting theirs that friday! i guess they don't limit tix sales there, huh?

the line for tix was crazy. the time printed on our lift tix was 10:21. then, we had to deal w/ the whole gondola line. the NEW village express chair didn't get going until close to 11:00. wtf? then, we get to wait in line for two more lifts just to get to the top. it was almost 11:30 by the time we got a real run in! 2 hrs!!! 2 freakin' hrs!!!

that place just went to crap over the last few years. it's definitely nowhere near the top as far as places i ride, but i was just taking advantage of a great deal i got on lift tix!

looks like i'll be helping them out from now on by not going there anymore if it's anywhere near a holiday or wknd. i rode there last month & it wasn't so bad then. but i'm pretty sure it was a thursday or something.

they need to channel some of their money toward improving lift-line management & not just the new village area. it's unfortunate that it's such a poor lay-out in the first place. their parks are sweet & the backside is pretty fun to bomb down. it just blows that so much time is wasted waiting in lines!

sorry for the li'l rant. and, hooray for places like kirkwood & bear!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:42 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
i was at Squaw on sunday. but they closed more than 1/2 the place down due to high winds.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:12 AM
General Pimpin'

True that on N*. I hate that place. I hate that you have to take 3 lifts to get to the back. Wait in line for days. It's like tourist attraction number one....well next to heavenly which is HUGE. Always crowded with tons of idiots. It's pretty flat. The snow sucks about 90% of the time. I just hate it. But they do have good deals on tickets from time to time and they have that double wammy pass with sugarbowl which is cool. I went once this year cause I got a free ticket. First time in a few years I've been there.

I love bear...I mean it's small but it's pretty much never crowded. I kid you not...sunday the lot wasn't even 25% full. It barely got up to the second ticket booth.

So squaw was that windy...can only imagine how bad kirkwood was. That place gets nuts. I was talking to someone that said there was a high wind advisery for the night...150mph winds at the peaks. When I drove down the hill around 8 it was CRAZY. They've gotten another 21inches up there since sunday. Few more today.

I hate wind. Bear got a little breazy on the back...but I road in a sweatshirt all day if that tells you anything.