smog requirements?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:07 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx sedan
smog requirements?

another question about smog whatnot....does everything have to be completely stock to pass the visual? i just got done installing the cobb sf intake and im gonna put in a perrin up pipe later along with an invidia dp, i know the dp ill have to swap in and out for the smog check but am i going to have to do the same thing for the intake and up pipe? such a damn hassle....
Old 12-10-2007, 06:59 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
Originally Posted by drkanglwrx16
another question about smog whatnot....does everything have to be completely stock to pass the visual? i just got done installing the cobb sf intake and im gonna put in a perrin up pipe later along with an invidia dp, i know the dp ill have to swap in and out for the smog check but am i going to have to do the same thing for the intake and up pipe? such a damn hassle....
Intake has to have a CARB sticker to pass visual (AEM intake). Up-pipe eliminates the precat which correct me if I am wrong, the STI does not have one. As long as you have the downpipe stock and the airbox back in, the up-pipe should be fine. Plus it is really hard to see, only a ref would probably notice and find a way to fine you for it.