Smog check stop. Jaklin in Milpitas

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
So if that's the case, they are obviously profiling bucket cars and nothing newer. Which we all hope is what they are looking for.
You guys didnt read the links huh?

All the info you seek is in the links. They are pulling anyone and everyone they can thru those.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by old.guy
You guys didnt read the links huh?

All the info you seek is in the links. They are pulling anyone and everyone they can thru those.
I was trying to be facetious, but it doesn't always work in a forum atmosphere.

I did click on the links and read. Thank you for posting them.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
banned

CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach

Interesting page.

Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.

Last edited by old.guy; 02-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
banned

Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
I was trying to be facetious, but it doesn't always work in a forum atmosphere.

I did click on the links and read. Thank you for posting them.
lol.... sorry man.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach

Interesting page.

Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.
What the ****. According to that those big hella flood lights are illegal to have on vehicles and why is that page directed towards asian/pacific islanders? white/hispanic/middle eastern people dont race or build show cars?

Oh and **** this bull**** based on officers judgement. Leaves the door open for more harrasment unless you let them search your car and pop hood/submit to them.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
banned

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
What the ****. According to that those big hella flood lights are illegal to have on vehicles and why is that page directed towards asian/pacific islanders? white/hispanic/middle eastern people dont race or build show cars?

You saw that too... hahah I'm guessing they lead the pack in neon and tail lights.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:04 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Hmm so say I "live" in Nevada and I go to "school" here. Would I be able to pull it off?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:21 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Yes. unless it has a CARB cert. Which I do not think anyone has done that yet.
Or you have a high flow that predates and has a BAR/CARB sticker on the wall that exempts you...like my 4runner has
Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
Or you have a high flow that predates and has a BAR/CARB sticker on the wall that exempts you...like my 4runner has
Id like to see that sticker. As far as I know (as a smog tech) there are no street legal hi flow cats for use in california.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
banned

Originally Posted by Jodice112
Hmm so say I "live" in Nevada and I go to "school" here. Would I be able to pull it off?
Out-of-State Vehicles

It is necessary to carry the registration certificate for your vehicle if your home state requires that it be carried.

Out-of-state registration is valid if the owner is a member of the US armed forces or the spouse of a member and the vehicle is currently registered in the owners state of residence or last duty station.

Out-of-state registration is NOT valid if a military member purchases a vehicle from a non-resident, unless the vehicle is immediately registered in the purchasers state of residence or California.

Registration and Smog Laws

A car registered in another state that has no smog devices is legal to drive in California as long as it is equipped as required in the other state.

Vehicles are prohibited from emitting excessive exhaust and will be cited for air pollution, even if the car is registered in another state.

All new unregistered motor vehicles that are brought into California whose odometers read less than 7,500 miles must meet smog requirements and must be equipped with a California emission system before they can be registered.*

New Vehicles - a new vehicle that was previously registered in your state of residence or last state of active military duty does not have to be equipped with a California emission system.
Used Vehicles - Most used vehicles previously registered in another state must meet Californias emission standards before registration will be issued.

Muffler and Exhaust

No modifications are allowed to increase or amplify the noise from your vehicle.

Vehicle must be equipped with an adequate exhaust system to prevent any unusual or excessive noise.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:53 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Oh well that sucks
Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
good thing e85 burns clean haha. I just read something saying that if you run e85 you won't have to smog in the "future" because of how clean it burns and how it makes close to zero co2. If this does go down it will be so super sick haha
Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 06 AW STi
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
good thing e85 burns clean haha. I just read something saying that if you run e85 you won't have to smog in the "future" because of how clean it burns and how it makes close to zero co2. If this does go down it will be so super sick haha
That would be cool, but it won't happen. Looks like its time to get a new car that doesn't encourage me to mod.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:02 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Id like to see that sticker. As far as I know (as a smog tech) there are no street legal hi flow cats for use in california.
Its right there on my firewall, custom installed motor. Refed, smogged, and passed, high flow...I think its a flowmaster unit, 3" input/output...

was the only way to get the 7m-gte to work in the 4runner.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear
Its right there on my firewall, custom installed motor. Refed, smogged, and passed, high flow...I think its a flowmaster unit, 3" input/output...

was the only way to get the 7m-gte to work in the 4runner.
So you have the ref sticker after the motor swap? They ****ed up, consider yourself lucky.

Quick Reply: Smog check stop. Jaklin in Milpitas