Skyline Seizures and what we can do.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
Does this mean that even previously legal R33s are being seized? I recently found my dream car and am dying to make a very long drive to pick this car up. Someone educate me so I don't screwed please.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:22 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Well its the feds going after them and not just the states so I would say any Skyline is at risk.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 AM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
Originally Posted by ouji
Does this mean that even previously legal R33s are being seized? I recently found my dream car and am dying to make a very long drive to pick this car up. Someone educate me so I don't screwed please.
Ouji - you may want to ping 'sigma pi' and ask for Sean M's contact info if he's willing to forward it on. Some cars are exempt (luckily mine) and it would be helpful if you had all the background information on the vehicle - papers, documents, vehicle history - EVERYTHING just to be sure.

Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
Well its the feds going after them and not just the states so I would say any Skyline is at risk.
Not true. Some vehicles are grandfathered in and exempt.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Oh good (well not for the cars), they might have a case then for the R33's. If everything was done right and by the books they could win, if not then he is S.O.L.

I wish him luck and of course Im here if there are any questions. My dad got his BMW E34 M5 Wagon brought over from Germany and went the long legal way and spent 11+ just on the testing and standardization and I know he would be devastated if something like this happened to him.
sweet your family and i have the same tastes
Old 03-09-2011, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by dchoi23
Ouji - you may want to ping 'sigma pi' and ask for Sean M's contact info if he's willing to forward it on. Some cars are exempt (luckily mine) and it would be helpful if you had all the background information on the vehicle - papers, documents, vehicle history - EVERYTHING just to be sure.

Not true. Some vehicles are grandfathered in and exempt.
Try to find the origin of who brought the R33 in. Sean Morris worked with two companies bringing in Skylines, 1 being Motorex the other being RB Motoring. There was a 3rd company doing this in So Cal also just can't remember their name, but lets not forget there were many other companies doing this in Florida and in Texas.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Try to find the origin of who brought the R33 in. Sean Morris worked with two companies bringing in Skylines, 1 being Motorex the other being RB Motoring. There was a 3rd company doing this in So Cal also just can't remember their name, but lets not forget there were many other companies doing this in Florida and in Texas.
He got in touch with Sean.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Would that SoCal buis happen to be named Tecate Import Brokers?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Would that SoCal buis happen to be named Tecate Import Brokers?
there was something in Santa Ana and there were the Kaizo cars which tried to pass of the R32-34 as a kit car

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/20...r-60-days.html
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM

Car Info: Wing
Good luck to anyone trying to get the car back from the feds. While I dont blame the whole entire skyline community I know plenty of people who ignored many signs just so they can own one. Now they are trying to sell these to people and still dont have the decency to tell them that by the way of feds come knocking make sure you have the keys handy.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 65MPH
Good luck to anyone trying to get the car back from the feds. While I dont blame the whole entire skyline community I know plenty of people who ignored many signs just so they can own one. Now they are trying to sell these to people and still dont have the decency to tell them that by the way of feds come knocking make sure you have the keys handy.
I plan on keeping mine - it'll be an expensive trophy but it'll be exempt from smog laws in a few more years....by then, it should be done
Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
This is silly. I find it funny that we stress so hard about smog but don't do isht about safety (at least in CA and most other states). I see cars every day that are dangerous as hell.

But when it's a car like this that someone has a hair up their butt about they use safety as an excuse. I guarantee you that these cars are safer than a lot of the cars coming out right now and cars that no one cares about... like say a nissan sentra from the same era. Those cars are POS tin cans.

This kind of stuff pisses me off because our government is using our tax dollars to take away our rights and take away the things we love. They are doing everything they can to get old cars, old bikes, etc off the road and destroyed. American history is being chewed up and sold to China on a daily basis and no one gives a ****. That's why it cost me over $200 to get ONE piece of trim for my cadillac.... ONE PIECE OF TRIM that's like a foot long.

So anyone here that truly cares about cars and the joy of driving, building and racing cars needs to pay attention to this. This is just another step on the road.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I plan on keeping mine - it'll be an expensive trophy but it'll be exempt from smog laws in a few more years....by then, it should be done
You have a nice Skyline.. Just store it for a few years..
Old 03-09-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ballz
You have a nice Skyline.. Just store it for a few years..
Thanks dude. It's going to get some work done soon so we'll see about it after its done.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 PM

Car Info: '05 LGT Ltd.
Smog exempt? They're not moving the window anymore...
Old 03-09-2011, 01:41 PM

Just curious - why will it be exempt after a few years?

Quick Reply: Skyline Seizures and what we can do.