Skyline Seizures and what we can do.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Skyline Seizures and what we can do.

Ok folks, we all know whats been going down lately.

if you live under a rock here is the link:

http://jalopnik.com/#!5775509/feds-l...skyline-owners

This has been going on for quite some time. Started back in the motorex days when fed's thought that the skylines were stolen, and has continued up until now when they are just showing up and taking cars. This isn't a state of Cali thing, but is happening nationwide.

I am also a member on the forum that Vandrel operates, Skyline owners USA.

He is going to fight this whole movement like anyone who had their car taken by the man would. He has stated that he has nothing to loose, since his car is already gone. Alot of the forum members over there, including myself are donating $$$ to help with lawyer fees and such to get a good battle going.

If anyone here is willing to donate to the cause, please send me a PM, and I will send over the instructions.

Thanks all for your help.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:25 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
Any lawyers out there need some pro-bono work?
Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
thats ridiculous
Old 03-05-2011, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 sedan sti swap high on meth
Are you willing to donate me your awsomeness ????

Last edited by blkwagon; 03-05-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:46 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
I have a good friend who is a recently graduated Santa Clara law student and passed the bar her first time (in Cali) nonetheless. Would you guys have any use for her? She'd be wayyy down to assist if she could get a group of people (especially professionals) who could maybe vouch for her. If she gets amped about an issue, she's the type to really see it through.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Just graduated and passed her bar exam. Can you get her interested in me? I'll vouch for her. Haha jk.

But really though, this whole thing is rediculous. It's just a car. Can't owners just plant trees somewhere to offset the extra co2 they are polluting? Building contractors and land improvement companies have to do that all the time for continuing population growth. We are supposed to learn from history and move forward, and build a better and brighter future, not sweep our past under the carpet. If we are should sweep anything under the carpet it should be all of the '80's, from '80-'89, except for the cars made durring that time, some were pretty cool.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
What case do they have? The cars never came to the states for a reason, it doesnt meet US safety guidelines and isnt recognized by any state. There isnt even a model close that is in the US that they could base some figures off of. It could be kept in the US but couldnt be registered for the street, of course these people found a way around (a business I used to offer in fact). I got out though because I enjoy life without the law right at the door, its a risk and they found out the bad side of that risk.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
they are seizing cars that are not registered as well. and motorex cars that have been modified to meet the standards.

based on "illegal importation"

either way, this shouldn't be a priority of our government.

Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
What case do they have? The cars never came to the states for a reason, it doesnt meet US safety guidelines and isnt recognized by any state. There isnt even a model close that is in the US that they could base some figures off of. It could be kept in the US but couldnt be registered for the street, of course these people found a way around (a business I used to offer in fact). I got out though because I enjoy life without the law right at the door, its a risk and they found out the bad side of that risk.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Motorex did pay to have the R33s tested, they did a "nono" by trying to slip the R32s and R34s under the same testing.

the feds are seizing the legal R33s now as well.

EDIT: DAMMIT IB!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 PM

To get them completely legal there is a lot of testing, A LOT. A few unfortunate cars have to be crash tested, board of agriculture has to look it over (why, I have no idea), of course meet emissions standards, and a few others. I saw some R34's come threw that just had a CEL wired to the oil pressure switch and a cat to pass out the tail pipe. . .still not legal.

I guess even if they arent registered they still ask 'how did it get here and what are you doing with it'. You can register a car for race purposes only and not drive it on the streets, but I suppose those cars are still of US origin.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:14 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
So, wait do the the seizures include the KGC10 or GC10 Skylines Aaron?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 AM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
I'll donate. PM'd.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
To get them completely legal there is a lot of testing, A LOT. A few unfortunate cars have to be crash tested, board of agriculture has to look it over (why, I have no idea), of course meet emissions standards, and a few others. I saw some R34's come threw that just had a CEL wired to the oil pressure switch and a cat to pass out the tail pipe. . .still not legal.

I guess even if they arent registered they still ask 'how did it get here and what are you doing with it'. You can register a car for race purposes only and not drive it on the streets, but I suppose those cars are still of US origin.
They crashed R33s
Old 03-07-2011, 09:06 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Ballz
So, wait do the the seizures include the KGC10 or GC10 Skylines Aaron?
I was curious about those as well.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
They crashed R33s
Oh good (well not for the cars), they might have a case then for the R33's. If everything was done right and by the books they could win, if not then he is S.O.L.

I wish him luck and of course Im here if there are any questions. My dad got his BMW E34 M5 Wagon brought over from Germany and went the long legal way and spent 11+ just on the testing and standardization and I know he would be devastated if something like this happened to him.

Quick Reply: Skyline Seizures and what we can do.