side skirt painting? (southbay)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by snowflow
Do you have mudflaps? I swear I get the most damage from passengers sliding their feet across mine.
I hear people hitting on the STi sides. Yep, the one rally we did in Vallejo a couple years ago screwed my sides up.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 PM

Car Info: 2004 Aspen White WRX wagon
hey everyone that is interested in a groupbuy.. list the part that you want painted and the paint code (year model etc) and I'll start a list and ask for pricing. Bodyshop is in hayward.

I painted my sideskirts about 5 years ago and they still look great. We got a super deal on them. Hopefully the prices didn't change too much.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/group-buy-painting-sideskirts-ends-july-23-2004-a-63676/
Old 01-17-2011, 06:20 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by symon
hey everyone that is interested in a groupbuy.. list the part that you want painted and the paint code (year model etc) and I'll start a list and ask for pricing. Bodyshop is in hayward.

I painted my sideskirts about 5 years ago and they still look great. We got a super deal on them. Hopefully the prices didn't change too much.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63676
Post in that thread?

I need some wrx sideskirts and a limited lip spoiler painted wrb.

Originally Posted by LOL Vtec
I hear people hitting on the STi sides. Yep, the one rally we did in Vallejo a couple years ago screwed my sides up.
Didn't konw you rallied...or I just forgot. It's been days since I did an FRX event!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:02 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
If you guys are still looking for a shop to do your painting, I know of one in san jose. Its called Eddie's Auto Body. 1165 N. 5th Street, San Jose. I know the couple that runs the business and they do good work. Feel free to look them up.

If you guys want, I can talk to them and see if they would do it and for how much. They say they have subarus come in all the time for side skirt painting lol.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Err Symon you, have a pm.. Check my sales rating..

Last edited by Ballz; 01-17-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 11' WRX and 10' XT
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
If you guys are still looking for a shop to do your painting, I know of one in san jose. Its called Eddie's Auto Body. 1165 N. 5th Street, San Jose. I know the couple that runs the business and they do good work. Feel free to look them up.

If you guys want, I can talk to them and see if they would do it and for how much. They say they have subarus come in all the time for side skirt painting lol.
Eddie's Body Shop is the way to go for these kind of things. He has painted about 10 body pieces for me, all for the best price and highest quality. Highly recommend.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by brucelee
Group buy's are def the way to go with something like this (for side skirts, wings, etc).

With that being said, if you guys (anyone) wants to do a group buy for some 2007 Impreza gray, let me know because I have a couple things I wouldn't mind painting...
Daniel,

Call me if you need paint werk!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:31 PM

Alright so I contacted them and they said roughly around 80 per set of side skirts if its new. They also need to check to see the condition of the side skirts whether it is used or new to see what proper repairing or preping is needed. If you guys are interested let me know and Ill try to get things moving smoothly.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I'm looking to get these parts painted WRB.

WRX Side Skirts
WRX Rear Strakes
STI Version 2 Front Lip Spoiler

I'd need to find out pricing for everything before jumping in on a group buy.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 02 Wagon Hybrid GST Tuned 303hp/299tq
I need to get my side skirts painted wrb as well. If I remeber correctly the code is O2C or something like that. I also want to get my cf hood painted, but I think I'm going to wait on that.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 AM

Car Info: 2004 Aspen White WRX wagon
Interested for sure.. I want a few other things painted.. Should i drop by for a quote? Im near by the shop.

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Alright so I contacted them and they said roughly around 80 per set of side skirts if its new. They also need to check to see the condition of the side skirts whether it is used or new to see what proper repairing or preping is needed. If you guys are interested let me know and Ill try to get things moving smoothly.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by flukewrx
I'm looking to get these parts painted WRB.

WRX Side Skirts
WRX Rear Strakes
STI Version 2 Front Lip Spoiler

I'd need to find out pricing for everything before jumping in on a group buy.
Originally Posted by joewagon
I need to get my side skirts painted wrb as well. If I remeber correctly the code is O2C or something like that. I also want to get my cf hood painted, but I think I'm going to wait on that.
Originally Posted by symon
Interested for sure.. I want a few other things painted.. Should i drop by for a quote? Im near by the shop.

From the sound of it, each individual wants side skirts + somethings extra painted. For that matter, in order to get a more precise price you guys would have to get an independent quote, not all paint jobs will require equal amounts of work. Drop by the shop, show them the parts you would like to be painted and tell them that Michael sent you. They should be able to help you guys out.