View Poll Results: should ptownBob be banned from BAIC?
Yes, he's out!
37.29%
No, gotta be able to take a joke
62.71%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

should ptownBob be banned from BAIC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:27 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
It still sounded unbelievable to me
Old 09-28-2008, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
what a bunch of B's

a bunch of I are serious cats.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:50 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
some of you really have no clue what goes on out there, incl. in The City. i can understand some of the younger members being a little "misinformed," but some of you older folks should really have a bit more common sense.

i don't know what more can be said. a few of us have tried several times to break things down because we've had experiences or info that can likely save y'all unecessary grief. but, ultimately, everyone has to learn things for themselves and at their own pace. i just hope the majority of you will not have to learn the hard way and make things difficult for others too.

btw, for those of you that still don't get it, this isn't about any singular event or joke. it is all about attitude and awareness.

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 09-28-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:00 PM

Car Info: civic
i vote ban, just cuz i dont think iclub bans people.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:05 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
some of you really have no clue what goes on out there, incl. in The City. i can understand some of the younger members being a little "misinformed," but some of you older folks should really have a bit more common sense.

i don't know what more can be said. a few of us have tried several times to break things down because we've had experiences or info that can likely save y'all unecessary grief. but, ultimately, everyone has to learn things for themselves and at their own pace. i just hope the majority of you will not have to learn the hard way and make things difficult for others too.

btw, for those of you that still don't get it, this isn't about any singular event or joke. it is all about attitude and awareness.
I don't know how much MORE I can agree with this. To all parties involved, karma is an unsastified, ungrateful, and unyielding *****. Do not be suprised if you DO get reffed in the future. And do not come on here crying about it either

Last edited by rau; 09-29-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 PM

Car Info: FUPA RIDER!
Originally Posted by AzN121184
you forgot .. I-club .. bans RAu all the time ha
Old 09-28-2008, 10:34 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71

I'll quote myself since I don't want to type out a variation on this:

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
We all met today, drove safely and sanely, had a good time and that was that. We didn't **** anyone off, we obeyed speed limits, yielded to pedestrians and all that good stuff. We decided to poke some fun at the paranoia running rampant around here lately, we clearly could have done worse.

Anyway, I'm done discussing the joke portion of this ride, I just wanted to go on record saying we behaved as we should and didn't raise as much as an eyebrow from anyone. If every car club behaved as we did today, all the time, there wouldn't be such a thing as import profiling.
Thats our attitude and awareness. Respect. If you want to complain about a 'situation' that doesn't involve anyone or anything in particular then take the complaints to a new thread as we did nothing to warrant those accusations.

Don't mistake a joke on i-club to be a taunt to LEOs in SF. We didn't say anything inflammatory or derogatory to anyone in any law enforcement agency. I really like the SFPD, they don't waste resources chasing people with loud exhausts and they put up with a lot of ****ty city politics. They have my respect. This was really a joke on i-club....which of course got blown out of proportion by the drama queens around here. Would you guys have preferred if I tried to trick everyone by saying it was the Raccoon City police dept. who raided our meet?

Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again, SFPD (99.9% of the time) has better things to do than harass Subaru drivers. Sorry, the impending mass reffing of Subarus in SF just isn't going to happen anytime soon...joke or not.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:51 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
]Do you know what. Bob is a stand up guy and a family man. I didnt knwo it was a joke til now and personally

I find it ****ing halarious.

If people cant take a joke **** them. Maybe you *****es should relize there is bigger **** in life to get pissed off about and dont take life so ****ign seriously. I mean its the god damn internet for crying out loud.

Once some of you kids grow up and have a family you will understand that something like this is so tiny it doesnt even matter. You should be praising him for being able to coordinate something on this scale.

all i have to say is...

GOOD FOR YOU BOB!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
???

you should get ban for posting these ban thread.
AGREED.

gay thread.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM

Car Info: 2013 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited
god damn, stop complaining. its a joke, so what. can you not live your lives the same way you did before? does i-club really make a big impact on the way you live?

High five bob.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
see bob, i told you it was a bad idea

btw, we drove by numerous park police in the presidio. one incident also resulted in the cop waiting at a stop sign while a good 10 subarus rolled pass.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:57 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by AzN121184
+1 i did that as well haha my bad
Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
lying got someone banned on another forum...
Old 09-29-2008, 12:11 AM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
last time....

it's great that today's meet was a success, and everyone had a good time.

it's really great that no one got cited for real, and the whole thing was a joke.

no one is pissed about fallin for the joke (can only speak for myself tho)

no one is blasting bob or any ONE person involed w/the joke (ditto disclaimer)

again, no one is pissed. (" ")

it's understood that a good natured joke was intended.

although the joke seems to have been ill-advised for a number of reasons, no further commentary will given, so as not to belabor the issue.

REPEAT....this is NOT about a joke, any one meet or individual.

everything else has already been lamented by several and there to be reviewed at your own leisure (or not)
there is some good 411+advice out there tho.

good luck w/future meets and all else.
no one is here to wish anyone else any ill will.

Fini'
Old 09-29-2008, 02:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Amen to soggy, CLsmooth, and rau (!)

And **** all you idiot n00bs (that's anyone that joined after 2005).

Quick Reply: should ptownBob be banned from BAIC?