should i go to the hospital??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
well, think of it this way... if surgery is really needed, and if you go through it, you'll be out for a long time. BUT if you DON'T go through it, you could be out FOREVER! Once again, good luck and take care.

Originally Posted by sfsuwrestler1
not that im scared, jsut the fact that i cant wait to get back on my board and keep skating. knowing that surgery would put me out for a long time. ever since i got kicked off the wrestling team at sfsu, i have nothing left.. so i might as well keep what i got going for me now.. even if it is costing me an arm and a leg
Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
mo tussen...
Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 PM

Car Info: 04wrx
I just to sprain, twist, fracture, dislocate all kinds of bones when I skated... I never really went to the doctors right away either, it was only when I knew I was ****ed and I couldn't hold the pain anymore then id go. haha. maybe that explains why my bones are so weak
Old 08-07-2007, 06:07 PM

Car Info: 2006 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
mo tussen...

ahahahaha

chris rock is hilarious!!

but yeah.. got an apt tomorrow so i guess we'll find out if i really ****ed up or not
Old 08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Dude, what are you an idiot or something? Sorry, I don't mean to come off like that... But you're young and have a lot going for you, this can turn into something that will really screw you up for the rest of your life!!! Go see a doctor man! Worst case scenario, if it keeps swelling, you could lose tissue, and thus lose your leg. You really want that to happen?

Just go to the damn doctor and get it taken care of!!!!

(sorry for calling you an idiot, I don't mean it... just want you to get the help you need).

So here's a E-Slap across the face! GO! NOW!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:42 PM

ahahahaha

chris rock is hilarious!!

but yeah.. got an apt tomorrow so i guess we'll find out if i really ****ed up or not
Whoops, didn't read too far into the thread. Excellent. Glad you're going, and best of luck to ya buddy!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
So do you guys think he's in the hospital?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch
by the time you read this you should be back from the doc... how did it go?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Any word?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 2005 OBP WRX
hows the knee man???
Old 08-09-2007, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
drink water
Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 AM

ok... just for the people that acutally find this kind of interesting.

here's what i found out.

i wasnt sure if i had medical insurance or not because im 20 and i go to college so i didnt know if my parents still covered for me but they do. i do have medical insurance but it's the cheap kind where they only cover anything that costs more than $3,500 bucks.. which is retarded cuz i have to pay for anything under.

knowing so, my dad just sent me to one of the family's physicians or whatever the hell he is and i got an xray and the knee is ok, no broken bones

but by looking at it, he said its probably a torn ligament or my meniscus. and if that's the case, i will def. need surgery

now the dilemna is i need an MRI scan to see if anything is torn but an MRI scan is somewhat expensive. but not over $3,500 worth expensive so we'd have to pay for it. i mean, we dont have a problem paying for it, because that is why my dad thought this was the best coverage but on the inside, it would be nice to know if we got my insurance to cover the MRI scan but that'll only happen if it's $3,500 or more.

but the MRI scan wont be over $3,500 unless they do find out something is wrong and the docs would have to do surgery on my knee.

so it's either we pay $600-$1000 for an MRI scan and find no torn ligaments or

have my insurance cover the MRI scan but they would have to do surgery on my knee. but this can only happen if something is for sure torn.

i don't know which is better. i dont have much time left. hahah, overall, i think i just basically really ****ed up.

now my skate buddies are all pretty upset cuz regardless of what happens, imma be out of the game for awhile.

anyhoo, current condition of the knee is i can walk and stand but can't put too much pressure on the bad knee. and i still sort of walk funny (i've acutally been to 3 house parties since the incident and i am forced to just sit in one area which sucks). it's been 7 days and counting. swelling has gone down but i still cant extend my leg fully straight without pain. honestly... this really freakin sucks...

but i'll keep you updated if you guys are still interested. heck, i still want to know which way this thing is headed..

Last edited by sfsuwrestler1; 08-10-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:55 AM

i'm sad.. and depressed... and i start school on the 28th.. and being on crutches at the campus really sucks

seems like things will get a whole lot worse before they get any better..
Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

i'm sad.. and depressed... and i start school on the 28th.. and being on crutches at the campus really sucks

seems like things will get a whole lot worse before they get any better..
I will be going through this when classes start next month. Call your University and find out if they have a department for students with disabilities. Sac State has one, and I will get rides from my car to my classes in a go-kart (I broke my tib/fib last month and won't be walking for probably 3-5 more weeks).
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

So what did your dr recommend as far as getting the MRI? Do you have an amount of time you can wait to see if it heals, or do you have to decide now to do the test and see if there's anything wrong?

IMO, I'd spend the money. To me, it's just not worth the risk of a lifetime of pain or being limited by this injury over $600-$1000.

Quick Reply: should i go to the hospital??