should i go to the hospital??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
A cousin of mine was in the same position as you except he was playing bball. Turns out his ACL was slightly torn. A month later he completely tore it and another.. 2 years later.. he says playing bball isn't the same anymore because his movements feel restricted. Moral of the story, don't be a doctor unless you are one. Get it checked out.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 2006 aspen white wrx
thanks all for your opinion and concerns.. Hopefully its nothing and the doctor just prescribes me pain killers
Old 08-04-2007, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I reread your first post. If you had your knee out of socket, something bad happened and you need to get an xray to check it all out. IMO you need to go to the doctor. I know it sucks, but better safe than sorry.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:41 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by sfsuwrestler1
yeah! i think thats what imma do, if the pain persists within the next week or so, imma go to the doctors. if not, then i think i'll be good too.

and actually, i can walk on it, but with a weird limp and some discomfort so thats why i just choose not to and stay on crutches for now.

i think i'll be ok not going to the doctors for not, out of all the crazy **** i do, this is probably not the worst thing that has happened to me. i hurt that knee plenty of times and this body has taken a pretty big beating.

here's pic of me when i was still wrestling (guy on the left), notice how that left knee has always been messed up but i still managed

so hopefully i'll be good.. hopefully
anyone else find it ironic that a picture of half-naked-spandex-wearing dudes got posted in BAiC?
Old 08-04-2007, 03:28 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STI wrb
i had the same thing happen to me in a hockey game once. dislocated my knee and when i hit the groung it popped back in. it was fine for about a week (only minor swelling and some tendorness) so i played another game and did it agian. went to the doctor and it turns out i dislocatred my kneecapm and bruised my patella. i say give it a wekk and if it still hurts then go to a doctor.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by debelle wrx
i had the same thing happen to me in a hockey game once. dislocated my knee and when i hit the groung it popped back in. it was fine for about a week (only minor swelling and some tendorness) so i played another game and did it agian. went to the doctor and it turns out i dislocatred my kneecapm and bruised my patella. i say give it a wekk and if it still hurts then go to a doctor.

yeah. im hoping that this will go away soon and that i wouldn't have to go to the doctors..

and for those wondering, my knee did pop out and i had to pop it back in.. my friends tried to carry me but i told them i could walk so as i as walking back to the car, it popped out again which caused more pain.. it feels really loose, maybe i did tear something.

and i put that wrestling picture up cuz i wanted to show people that my left knee has always been messed up, ever since i use to wrestle for san francisco state and now where im skateboarding again.

and honestly, the crap i do i bet no one else would touch so stop hating.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
just walk it off.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
do you mean just walk it out
Old 08-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
Go to the doctor. I wish I did.

I dislocated my shoulder 6 years ago in a parking garage late at night when I still used to flatland BMX. I was in so much pain since it popped out.

I did the whole lethal weapon thing after by slamming my shoulder into one of the parking cement columns to set it back into the socket. It hurt like fugging hell so I had to do something and for some reason the whole lethal weapon thing popped into my head. It hurt like hell for two weeks after but I never went to the doctor because I thought I was Mr. Invincible back then.

It took a year for my shoulder to feel somewhat right again. For three years after, if I moved my arm a certain way I would get shooting pains up the whole side of my body. It hurt like hell. I still didn't go to the doctor. It took five years for my shoulder to not get random shooting pains every once and awhile and feel normal again.

Last year I started getting weird back spasms. One night after watching a movie at home I got up off the couch and my back gave out. I fell to the floor and I couldn't move. I went to the chiropractor the next day. I felt like a 90 year old man. I could only walk in half steps and I could barely put any weight on one side of my body without insane pain.

Anyway. I had to go to the chiropractor every week for 6 months. One thing she found is that one side of my back had been taking the weight more than the other side. She said it was compensating for something. I also had some weird muscle scar tissue in my shoulder and shoulder blade area. I told her about my injury and she said that could absolutley have something to do with it. She asked me why I never went to the doctor. I said "I dunnnooo". She basically told me I was stupid for not going because I probably did more damage than I thought. She said "Look where you are now."

Dumbass me. Life lesson #24556. Domino effect ftl

Go to the doctor.

Last edited by earlyapex; 08-04-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by earlyapex
Go to the doctor. I wish I did.

I dislocated my shoulder 6 years ago in a parking garage late at night when I still used to flatland BMX. I was in so much pain since it popped out.

I did the whole lethal weapon thing after by slamming my shoulder into one of the parking cement columns to set it back into the socket. It hurt like fugging hell so I had to do something and for some reason the whole lethal weapon thing popped into my head. It hurt like hell for two weeks after but I never went to the doctor because I thought I was Mr. Invincible back then.

It took a year for my shoulder to feel somewhat right again. For three years after, if I moved my arm a certain way I would get shooting pains up the whole side of my body. It hurt like hell. I still didn't go to the doctor. It took five years for my shoulder to not get random shooting pains every once and awhile and feel normal again.

Last year I started getting weird back spasms. One night after watching a movie at home I got up off the couch and my back gave out. I fell to the floor and I couldn't move. I went to the chiropractor the next day. I felt like a 90 year old man. I could only walk in half steps and I could barely put any weight on one side of my body without insane pain.

Anyway. I had to go to the chiropractor every week for 6 months. One thing she found is that one side of my back had been taking the weight more than the other side. She said it was compensating for something. I also had some weird muscle scar tissue in my shoulder and shoulder blade area. I told her about my injury and she said that could absolutley have something to do with it. She asked me why I never went to the doctor. I said "I dunnnooo". She basically told me I was stupid for not going because I probably did more damage than I thought. She said "Look where you are now."

Dumbass me. Life lesson #24556. Domino effect ftl

Go to the doctor.

u know what.. i actually got back pains too.

i would get a shooting pain/stabbing sensation in my lower back and sometimes it would be so crippling, i couldn't even stand and i'd have to lay down for awhile.

i know my back problems are from wrestling... all the lifting we did and from trying to dip people on their necks aka suplexes

not only that, i have literally broken every single finger/thumb atleast once from wrestling/skating and that is a understatement. now the doctors say i cant even play the piano
Old 08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: stock 04 wrx sedan
I'd go see a sports medicine doctor. don't go to the hospital.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Long_Travel_WRX
I'd go see a sports medicine doctor. don't go to the hospital.

yeah, i'm planning on getting checked up by the sports doctor at sfsu but that cant happen until school start..

so imma have to wait like 2 weeks.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
I'm not you, but if I were, I would be calling around to sports med and ortho docs.

knee injuries are not trivial and waiting a couple of weeks might wind up being the difference between having it heal and walking with a limp for the rest of your life
Old 08-06-2007, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Just find a medic, you'll be good.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
dont leave anything to doubt, have a DR take a look at the knee, if its nothing serious then atleast you have a DR telling you that and your not just guessing...i wiped out on an atv a couple months ago and i saw a DR..i severely contused my sacrum...coulda been worse but im glad i had a professional tell me i would be ok with R.I.C.E. and meds

Quick Reply: should i go to the hospital??