Shooting War starts between US & Mexico?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
^^^
Man, have you ever seen the narco execution photos?
Those guys are absolute scum!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX
Ha, if the majority of America only knew....

This type of border violence (rockings/assaults on the Border Patrol) happens everyday in just about every Border Patrol area of responsibility. And unfortunately many Agents hesitate and second guess themselves on whether or not to treat the occurrence as a deadly-force situation in fear of investigation/punishment. Our country has gone soft in regards to illegal immigration. Our border security is a joke because illegal immigration is a friggin revolving door. Catch them at 4am, document/process them at 5am, return them back to Mexico at 6am, catch the same guy again at 7am. Repeat all night...

Being rocked by one or more individuals (even 15 yr old's) is a deadly-force situation. PERIOD. And no, you don't shoot to kill - you shoot to "stop the threat". If that means the "threat" dies, then so be it.

The Mexican government said that the Border Patrol Agent used a "disproportionate amount of force"....what's the Agent supposed to do, pick up rocks and throw them back??? LEO's are taught something called the "Escalation of Force". Meaning, someone comes at you with fist, you return with a baton; someone comes at you with a bat or rock (deadly force situation), you return with a firearm. Any situation where the LEO feels his or the public's life is in danger authorizes him to use deadly force (firearm).

Good shoot IMO.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM
banned

Car Info: WRX STi 2004
I am against illegals coming here without doing it legally. But the did was what 15?16? Understand he threw "rocks" and the BP Dood, just dont think it should have been a kill hit. An older man is understanding but 15/16 is still a kid to me..
Old 06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
banned

Car Info: WRX STi 2004
how scared can you be....kid throwing rock at you, and you have a killer gun...hahaha I would honestly laugh at him..maybe shoot him in the leg and tell him to throw a rock at me now...but kill, nahh ....
Old 06-15-2010, 08:40 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
Skeeler: Tell you what, you turn you back to me, and I will stand 30 feet away and huck a rock at you from behind, sound good?

Trust me, a rock the size of a baseball will cave a humans skull in even at that distance.
You could dodge or catch a rock from 30 feet. This kid isnt throwing fast *****, and he most likely couldnt place an odd shaped rock on a target like a head. If he was kicking it, that might be a different story. A small attempt of humor there.

I never questioned the lethality of a rock, I have no idea why you are trying to point out the danger of it when I already mentioned I know.

My point is the LEO didnt have to shoot his head, this is assuming he was 30 feet away like you used in your example. The LEO could probably put a bullet anywhere in a body from 30 feet away. I'm pretty sure the kid would have scattered with some warning shots, most people would lay down for cover if someone shot at them.

Using his firearm is totally a reasonable response, but shooting to kill is overboard when your rate of fire is 50 times faster than some kid picking up rocks and throwing them. He could totally have shot his shoulder, and waited to see if the kid would have tried again.

Last edited by skeeler; 06-15-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by skeeler
My point is the LEO didnt have to shoot his head, this is assuming he was 30 feet away like you used in your example. The LEO could probably put a bullet anywhere in a body from 30 feet away. I'm pretty sure the kid would have scattered with some warning shots, most people would lay down for cover if someone shot at them.
You really believe that the officer purposely aimed at the kid's head?
Most depts train shooters to aim center mass of target.
This officer was most likely doing just that, but unfortunately for the kid, the kid probably ducked down, thus getting hit in the dome.

Bottom line is you should not throw rocks at people that carry guns.
If the kid would not have thrown rocks, he'd be alive today.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Nothing wrong with the conclusion here. 15 year old or not, if you're a threat to an officer, or other citizens, you need to be in jail, or in prison.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Is it wrong of me that I keep seeing the BP office jump up and yell "BOOM headshot mother ****er!"

LOL
Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
This officer was most likely doing just that, but unfortunately for the kid, the kid probably ducked down, thus getting hit in the dome.

I believe he did aim for the kid's head. I totally agree the kid put himself in that situation and he paid the price.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by skeeler
You could dodge or catch a rock from 30 feet. This kid isnt throwing fast *****, and he most likely couldnt place an odd shaped rock on a target like a head. If he was kicking it, that might be a different story. A small attempt of humor there.

I never questioned the lethality of a rock, I have no idea why you are trying to point out the danger of it when I already mentioned I know.

Using his firearm is totally a reasonable response, but shooting to kill is overboard when your rate of fire is 50 times faster than some kid picking up rocks and throwing them. He could totally have shot his shoulder, and waited to see if the kid would have tried again.
Are you an LEO? Have you ever been? I'm not trying to be an ***, but if you are/have been, then you would know that no LEO in the United States (city, county, state, or federal) is EVER-EVER-EVER taught to shoot "warning shots". It is completely out of policy and is grounds for immediate termination.

With that said - they are all taught to shoot "center mass", to aim for the torso in order to "stop the threat". This ain't the movies - do you know how hard it is to hit someone in the head from 20-30 feet away when your adrenaline is pumping and that person is moving around? The Border Patrol Agent was in fear for his life, drew his firearm as trained, and pointed it towards the threat and fired 2-3 rounds. I highly doubt he even looked through the sights. I've seen plenty of LEO gunfights where the LEO and dirtbag are about 5 feet from each other and both individuals completely miss their target.

I'm not trying to bash your opinion, I'm just trying to give you some insight on what an LEO goes through in situations like this. Ya know what I'm sayin?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned

Thread summed up. PERIOD.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:07 AM

There is no argument that kid got himself in that situation, I dont know why you guys keep beating that with a stick - I agree.

The way you are all describing it is that the officer drew his gun and then just started firing his gun like he was never trained to use it. The guy is an officer, he should be very efficient with his weapon.

Say the kid is ducking down for cover, no longer a threat. Maybe he was running around, he isnt a quarter backer. He isnt a threat a that point.