Sedan / Wagon debate

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
First and foremost lets keep this CIVIL. The last thread like this got outta hand quickly.

So I was having a debate with a sedan owner about the whole sedan / wagon argument. Couple questions to sedan owners

1) Do you guys/gals feel like us wagon owners think we are all high and mighty? His argument was that you dont see a "Sedan mafia" or anything like that representing for the sedan owners like us wagoneers do.

2) Do you guys/gals feel like wagon owners go out of our way to distance ourselves from the sedan community?

3) Said sedan owner didn't understand the whole "wagon bond" we seem to have with one another. ( wagon owners ) Sybir actually came into the conversation as you really only seem him post his sick **** wagon and not much of his STi.

4) Does it suck knowing that we are 80-100 pounds heavier but have the same horsepower , yet have the ability to carry a dog, groceries, weapons ( in Paul's case ) or the ability to move just about anything with our fold down back seats?

K lets begin !

1) and 2) why would we be high and mighty, like was said earlier, i think in some cases the wagon owners are more involved than others.

3)the wagon bond is something that comes from owning a wagon. there isnt a whole lot of us. especially up here in the northbay. you see hem far and few in between. i think you can be more unique with the wagon. everyone knows the sti is fast, and it has all kinds of fancy gadgets, but there is such a wide range of wagons you really get a lot of different taste thrown into the bunch

4) my buddy thinks if they woudl have had a sedan in the lot when i bought my wagon i woudl have went with the sedan. i just dont think so. i was going for practicality, i knew i was gonna have to fit a stroller and all kinds of other crap in my car.

i go snowboarding, take the dogs to the dog park, go to the track, go boating. i dont think i would be abel to do all of that in a sedan, at least not as easily.

i mean one time i fit a stroller, a play pen, a highchair, a car seat, my lab my dachshund, 1 week worth the close. 2 snowboards, one set of skis, and i was still able to keep my subs in my car... do that in a sedan

but when i am hanging out at an i-club event or some sort of meet, besides having a diff car sitting next to everyone elses i wouldnt say i feel different, or more special, or pushed away, i am just another guy who owns a subaru.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
First and foremost lets keep this CIVIL. The last thread like this got outta hand quickly.

So I was having a debate with a sedan owner about the whole sedan / wagon argument. Couple questions to sedan owners

1) Do you guys/gals feel like us wagon owners think we are all high and mighty? His argument was that you dont see a "Sedan mafia" or anything like that representing for the sedan owners like us wagoneers do.

2) Do you guys/gals feel like wagon owners go out of our way to distance ourselves from the sedan community?

3) Said sedan owner didn't understand the whole "wagon bond" we seem to have with one another. ( wagon owners ) Sybir actually came into the conversation as you really only seem him post his sick **** wagon and not much of his STi.

4) Does it suck knowing that we are 80-100 pounds heavier but have the same horsepower , yet have the ability to carry a dog, groceries, weapons ( in Paul's case ) or the ability to move just about anything with our fold down back seats?

K lets begin !
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. no

My first car was going to be a 05 WRX wagon (stage 2 Prodrive/Vishnu), but I didn't like the wagon look despite its practicality. I picked a bugeye WRX sedan because it was more affordable and better looking
Old 09-18-2009, 05:06 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Do I feel that wagon owners are High and Mighty...

Yes. For the short time I have been on here, many wagon owners (notall) have consistently separated themselves from everyone else. I have seen more threads about wagons being better than sedans than vice versa... why? I see it as something like Napoleon syndrome. You guys are always having to prove yourselves to the world. No one cares... and I don't really know why I took the time to post anything in this thread.

Actually this reminds me of the AE86 hatch vs. coupe or S13 hatch vs. coupe debate. It comes down to personal taste...

AND

Posting a thread about how your "wagon is cooler" than my sedan doesn't make your dick grow any bigger. Sorry.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Churro Aficionado

Old 09-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Churro Aficionado

<-------

K lets begin !
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
1) and 2) why would we be high and mighty, like was said earlier, i think in some cases the wagon owners are more involved than others.

3)the wagon bond is something that comes from owning a wagon. there isnt a whole lot of us. especially up here in the northbay. you see hem far and few in between. i think you can be more unique with the wagon. everyone knows the sti is fast, and it has all kinds of fancy gadgets, but there is such a wide range of wagons you really get a lot of different taste thrown into the bunch

4) my buddy thinks if they woudl have had a sedan in the lot when i bought my wagon i woudl have went with the sedan. i just dont think so. i was going for practicality, i knew i was gonna have to fit a stroller and all kinds of other crap in my car.

i go snowboarding, take the dogs to the dog park, go to the track, go boating. i dont think i would be abel to do all of that in a sedan, at least not as easily.

i mean one time i fit a stroller, a play pen, a highchair, a car seat, my lab my dachshund, 1 week worth the close. 2 snowboards, one set of skis, and i was still able to keep my subs in my car... do that in a sedan <----

but when i am hanging out at an i-club event or some sort of meet, besides having a diff car sitting next to everyone elses i wouldnt say i feel different, or more special, or pushed away, i am just another guy who owns a subaru.
its redik tho how you guys say that you "arnt all high and mighty" but then you go and make fun of sedans for
-being heavier but the same power (does it suck knowing...)
-cant do that in a sedan ()

like if you arent trying to act all high and mighty why "put down" the sedans and act like your car is superior....

im not taking sides.. I have a sedan, yes i love it. I have seen some really sweet wagons (******* wagon and ICB just to name a couple).

idk just seemed a little contradictory to me in those two posts
Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
I thought it was a hatch

What makes a wagon?
What makes a hatch?
are the 02-03 WRX's not wagons but hatches?

a wagon is based off of a sedan platform. The GF matches a GM platform, the GG matches a GD platform and so on.

the 08 Hatch does not share the same platform as the sedan 08 Impreza.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by soundwave
lol if thats the case, then shouldnt wagon mafia be hatch mafia. haha
ooo hatch mafia.

where is the sedan mafia?

sedan stunnasss

woooooooo
Old 09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
a wagon is based off of a sedan platform. The GF matches a GM platform, the GG matches a GD platform and so on.

the 08 Hatch does not share the same platform as the sedan 08 Impreza.
Does that apply to all hatches? Is the chevy malibu a hatch or a wagon?

is the prius a hatch or wagon?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Churro Aficionado

o lordy
Old 09-18-2009, 05:49 PM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Originally Posted by Overbear
perhaps some...kiss me and make it better?

Best answer of the thread. Overbear... that literally made me LOL. well played ... well played !

On a side note... this thread is fun

Last edited by Shagon Wagon; 09-18-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Token Toyota Mod

I love the new prius. So hot!
Old 09-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Token Toyota Mod

wooooo
Old 09-18-2009, 05:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza Outback Sport

K lets begin !
I, as a wagon owner, not of a wrx wagon, but a lowly obs, do not consider myself superior in anyway to sedan owners by those terms. If one has to debate superiority, one must look at how a person takes care of their car, and how they drive it, i am no better just because i have a bigger car, or fold down seats, it was just another option from the factory, another choice to be made for what i need out of my car. I do feel unique in that i drive a wagon, i see very few of them on the road, though i see more older ob and obs with each passing day. In a lot of respects, it also takes a larger amount of work and homework to modify a wagon, the suspension is different, the rear is more flexible, the offset can vary if you change out the suspension, etc. However, i do not think i am better just because i had to do a bit more research to modify my suspension, and that parts for my wagon are harder to get, laws of supply and demand are at work here.

I see sedans all day, i enjoy the way they look, they way they sound, and how they are modified. I do not place myself apart from them, they are subarus just like mine is, i just need different knowledge to modify my wagon, thus i need to look to the wagon crowd with expierence. In the end, im looking for answers on how it is done and how to do it, the knowledge is what gravitates me towards the people.

As for the wagon bond, yes, it is a bit unique, people who tend to be in minorities tend to grow friendships and foster relationships more, and it can get unique, but i still follow subies first and foremost, not just wagons.

The weight difference for me is a bit disheartening, more weight, same power makes for a slower car, however, the balance of wagons has always been known to give them a slight edge in autox, as more weight % is shifted towards the rear of the car. I do not autox or race, however, so this holds less relevence to me. It is nice to be able to pack so much stuff in a wagon, i have moved half a house of a very close friend's in the same amount of trips the other took with a truck, it is amazing what can fit in our cars, but again, just an advantage of the design of the car, not proof of me being superior.

Wow, that was a long .02, lol.

and where the heck is the spell check, forums could use one, hehe.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Token Toyota Mod

I would love to see a hybrid subaru prius.

God I hope they do this!!

PLEAAASEEEEEEE

Quick Reply: Sedan / Wagon debate