Sea Otter Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Yeh, I've had bikers in and out of my shop this whole weekend, and they have been talking about it since Saturday afternoon. Sad thing to hear.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Not making it this year, but looking to sell my bike. '04 Specialized Enduro Expert. Mostly stock. Probably won't sell the seat with the bike ($120 WTB). Willing to talk price, but not giving the thing away. Frame is in awesome shape. Could use tune.

Let me know.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Unit 91
Not making it this year, but looking to sell my bike. '04 Specialized Enduro Expert. Mostly stock. Probably won't sell the seat with the bike ($120 WTB). Willing to talk price, but not giving the thing away. Frame is in awesome shape. Could use tune.

Let me know.
are you talking about the Sea Otter Classic? well yeah you wont make it, the event is over for the year
Old 04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
I'm so behind.

Last weekend? Bah!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Unit 91
I'm so behind.

Last weekend? Bah!
you can still come down here, I'm just not gonna promise that it'll be a very big event
Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
I was there on Monday for a track event, but I brought my bike and rode the dual slalom track. It was the same as it was 5 years ago, pretty crappy to be honest. I was looking forward to riding the BMX track, but they were there at 7 in the morning already tearing it down! I figured it would be up for at least a week... guess not.

Did they get rid of mountain cross? I didn't see it anywhere.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
ooo nice^

I just found out that the dirt jump comp is gonna be held in Aptos at the post office jumps tomorrow (Monday) aka the stomping grounds of Cameron McCaul and other Santa Cruz County Pros

dont know what time, but i'll be there.

The jumps were cool a couple years ago, i bet they are ginormous now.
They have a 50 foot triple, and a 10 foot tall 20 foot gap double...10 feet tall!
It's being torn down. Fortunately Cam has brought a TON of attention to the santa cruz county jumping and mtb scene so the city respects him. They gave him another year at the PO hits but they are being forced to take down the first hits. Someone basically complained that they were using the road as a run in. So they're tearing down the first hits next week and turning it into a giant roll in. Basically they'll be pushing the place in 30 feet to eliminate need for a run in.

Too me the PO hits are all about the first animals. That is how they started. Was just a big mound of dirt and we starting carving jumps out of it. Was fun as hell back in the day. You could go big or go small. Now everything is so big and so rhythm orientated that you can not mess up. It's definately built for those 15 guys that are doing it.

Polo grounds is the same way but there's a few small guys.

I keep saying that I'm gonna let people build out behind my house just so I have something not so massive to ride. I am old and just don't ride like I used to or as often so that stuff is way out of reach for me.

Even the hump jump has gotten turned into this gnarly back flip jump.

bah... gettin old.

I'm proud of cam and his group of guys. Some of the best guys in the mtb jumping scene are coming out of SC. Pretty damn cool. Who would have thunk my little jumps would get so big...haaaa.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Those jumps are huge! i mean, they are medium, but so close together, you definitely need to bail or commit right when you land to do the next jump that is 10 feet away.

I dont like those jumps, id do them if they werent such a close rhythm, but i like flat long jumps, motoX style.

I got lots of pics, i'll post them later.

Roll in is gonna suck, but at least they have more room at the bottom to build.

I still wanna go to the bike park at the beginning of the wharf in SC, some cool box jumps and ish

I hear you on getting old, im almost 22 but man breaking my collar bone threw me out of alignment about 4 years ago. S*** still cracks when i move my shoulders around. Im done with doing crazy stuff like them...but if i were getting paid for it
Originally Posted by blue blurr
I was there on Monday for a track event, but I brought my bike and rode the dual slalom track. It was the same as it was 5 years ago, pretty crappy to be honest. I was looking forward to riding the BMX track, but they were there at 7 in the morning already tearing it down! I figured it would be up for at least a week... guess not.

Did they get rid of mountain cross? I didn't see it anywhere.
Yeah i didnt see MountainCross. I think BMX took that one over.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 04-24-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
Looks like Minaar likes his new bikes! I hope he does good this season.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 PM

BTW, for those that remember. Anyone keeping tabs on Nicolas Vouilloz? He's doing pretty good in the IRC driving for Peugot, 2nd place right now.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:34 PM

Sick shot of Mr. Fairclough throwin' some steez on the DH course, from Transcend Magazine
http://www.transcendmagazine.com/gal...tter08/T2A4681
Old 04-24-2008, 07:26 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
My son throwin' some steez at 8 years old

No, he didn't run the Sea Otter this year, but I can't pass up a chance to show off my kid