Scam Alert/Reminder

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by VTRZA
you're paranoid
I am paranoid?! **** you!

If you were in the hole 4 bills, you'd think differently.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/scammer-alert-bs-dent-repair-please-read-222758/
Old 12-31-2010, 07:28 PM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
Originally Posted by darkonion
I am paranoid?! **** you!

If you were in the hole 4 bills, you'd think differently.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222758
hey hey hey now no need to yell. I've had dings fixed by these guys before, and inspected the work before I paid. I really am sorry your mom got scammed. When people do that kind of **** it makes everyone seem untrustworthy. Sucks
Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 PM

Car Info: Foz
what do u think your going to have the guy fix your door and hes gonna take off with ur car?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by VTRZA
hey hey hey now no need to yell. I've had dings fixed by these guys before, and inspected the work before I paid. I really am sorry your mom got scammed. When people do that kind of **** it makes everyone seem untrustworthy. Sucks
Sorry. But yeah... this guy was going to try to remove a basketball size dent out of my driver side door for $140... really unlikely. Yeah... I get approached by people all the time both in the bay and in Sac. And yeah... I am pretty sure this is not PDR'able.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 PM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
Sorry. But yeah... this guy was going to try to remove a basketball size dent out of my driver side door for $140... really unlikely. Yeah... I get approached by people all the time both in the bay and in Sac. And yeah... I am pretty sure this is not PDR'able.
Well as far as it done cheap you'd be surprised. If the guy has his own tools he's prolly putting in his pocket more than at the dent removal place. I've worked on peoples bikes and cars before and made a decent hrly rate. When shops are charging 90-110 hr the tech is making $30ish or less.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:10 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

some are legit business that are low on work so they wander the area.

one due came up to me at a gas station. he was driving a truck with their logo, phone # etc.

he said he could some stuff to the dents on my truck. and when i mean dents, i mean rock crawling incidents with the sierra mountains. one door, as a sample he pull out a dent that is virtually invisible today (this was over 7-8 years ago).

didnt take up the offer to do the rest of the truck though...
Old 01-01-2011, 02:20 AM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
a friend of mine paid a guy $100 to take a dent out of his door and he didn't really do sh*t. when my friend confronted him about it afterwards, the guy pulled a gun on him.

so yes, there are definitely some sketchy people out there trying to scam people
Old 01-01-2011, 03:37 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
I was leaving a Ranch 99 parking lot a few months ago when a guy in a car in the opposing lane wanted to talk to me. I thought he was saying thanks for the parking spot, but instead he asked if I wanted my front fender fixed. His exact words:

"Hey, I noticed your front fender is dented on your Subaru. I can repair it for you"

I said, "No thanks."

He said, "I can do it real quick."

I just left after that. Sounded super fishy/sketch and the dent I have CANNOT be fixed as it's creased like crazy already.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:13 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com

It's time to retire this rust bucket...
Old 01-01-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al

It's time to retire this rust bucket...
Still being a douchebag, I see...

Last edited by darkonion; 01-01-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
+1!!!

Justin is the ****! Speaking of which, there hasn't been a dent day in a while. No one has any dents?
+2- I haven't set up an S.F. one in quite awhile... I've been driving cars with plastic bodies though. :LOL:

I'm about to get into something with some sheetmetal though so I'll ask Justin if he's available. I know he loves the subie community so he'll make the time.

Some of you have been here. Sundays are best as my neighborhood is empty on the weekends. Of course it needs to not be raining too...
Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru STI
My younger brother bought a 96 jeep. He bought it for 200 bucks! I was like wow it was fully loaded and only had 96,000 miles. Only thing was that it was in a rear collision. It needed a new back fender and new tail gate. Well these 2 guys came up to my house one day saying the could fix my brothers jeep for 100 bucks! My brother said ok. So they went got to work right away. The fixed the rear fender with bondo and smoothed it out and painted it. It looked pretty decent.

But once it can down to fixing the gate, they asked my brother for another 135, for the back gate, plus the glass and 1 right tail light. So my brother paid them 235. When I got home he had told me and I already knew they weren't coming back. And they never did.

**** everyone beware don't fall for these guys. They drive a 2008 red silverado with the corvette racing flags on tail gate where the chevorlett sign is. 2 guys both of them are bald one fat guy and on skinny guy. Just giving you guys a heads up!****
Old 01-02-2011, 10:56 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Usually you can tell if its a scam or not. I know several companies that will come up to you if they see damage but most will give you a business card and have you come to their shop. The ones that say they will do it right then can be a scam. Just be smart about it and if your gut instinct tells you to leave do so.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:14 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi UGM Limited
I work at a dealership and we outsource all of are paintless dent removes to California Dent Works based out of Pleasanton. I usually get the owner of the company to do all of my dents and he does them cheap 140 for all of my door dings. Car looks brand new again with the dents gone must have been 5-8 dents bigger then dimes. Sometimes the job is easy for them to fix so the price is adjusted accordingly. One time I straight destroyed a fender on a 7 series at work. Dent guy fixed it for like 250 and I plowed through this fender with a minivan I was surprised. Just be careful ask for a business card or a portfolio and use your best judgment when it comes down to getting a legit dent dude. Surprisingly they are out there doing cheap side job work.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Still being a douchebag, I see...
Name:  kevinchung.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  22.0 KB

Quick Reply: Scam Alert/Reminder