Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...

I don't know if you're on here yet...

My first year out there was 1996 so there were no rules about anchoring your car at camp... I had fun in my little old Honda Civic but have often thought about how fun an STi or WRX would be out there...

So, how fast did you get to go as part of the Black Rock City Perimeter Patrol?
Attached Thumbnails Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...-img_2298.jpg   Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...-img_2299.jpg   Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...-img_2300.jpg  
Old 09-16-2005, 03:26 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
NICE!

what do you mean rules? i thought burning man was naked chicks, drugs, and no rules.

oh yeah and some fire...

ok so tell me more about these "rules" and naked chicks too.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:39 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

those dealer placards on the license plate????????
Old 09-16-2005, 06:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: na
someone at uckk was telling about this or maybe it the was mt. hammy meet, but they said they were going, and for the life of me i can't think of who it was. :/
Old 09-16-2005, 06:34 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
no surprize there! People in Santa Cruz love burning man. I personally do not cause of the heat.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Rat

Originally Posted by soggynuts
NICE!

what do you mean rules? i thought burning man was naked chicks, drugs, and no rules.

oh yeah and some fire...

*sigh* yeah, rules... lot's and lot's of them these days...

I guess when something gets as big as this event has gotten the ability of people to sorta self govern themselves (not that there was much of that back then either) disappears... I think more than that though is that with people getting hurt and killed out there every year they needed to start implementing a lot or basic rules. Most of them are common sense but for me they killed a lot of what the event was about.

I miss the days when they were firearms (drive by shooting camp- WooHoo!), when driving on the Playa was allowed (you had to just to get there as it was out in the middle somewhere), I liked it when the big sound camps were 2 miles away and you had to follow the big green laser beam in the sky to find it... fire in your camp... all sorts of fun freedoms...

Now you need health permits if you want to serve food, or if you're art installation involves water that people can
particitpate in, like this tree that had water dripping from the end of it's branches (with fire at night)... they shut this art down claiming that it was a "public shower". Lame.

The STi in the pictures has Santa Cruz dealer plates on it. I spoke with the guy on I80 while we were in stuck in traffic and told him about iClub... we'll see if he remembers...

The heat can be really intense out there but I prefer super hot days with nicer evenings to comfortable days with cold *** nights...
Attached Thumbnails Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...-ot1.jpg   Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...-ot2.jpg  
Old 09-16-2005, 11:40 AM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
Originally Posted by soggynuts

Notice how the mention of naked chicks brings everyone's attention.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Rat

well yeah... naked chicks get everyones attention...

I prefer the mostly naked chicks though... to me a bit of clothing adds rather than detracts...

then there's this whole group of guys that have been dubbed "T-Shirt no pants" guys (it's just a phenomenon, not an actual group) that are sorta the bane of most other Burners... these guys are usually older, white and on the not so, uh, hardbody side of things... ugh *shiver*

anyhow...

so this other group of folks have built a "PantZooka" to shoot pairs of pants at these guys!! :LOL:
Old 09-16-2005, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by Rat
I prefer the mostly naked chicks though... to me a bit of clothing adds rather than detracts...
agreed
Old 09-16-2005, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 STi Yellow/Black
That car belongs to my buddy Wolf. He is a bit of a hippie but pretty cool. I doubt he'll hit up I Club. I'll fwd the thread along to him though.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
wow, that event looks crazy . . .
Old 09-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Rat

Originally Posted by stott
That car belongs to my buddy Wolf. He is a bit of a hippie but pretty cool. I doubt he'll hit up I Club. I'll fwd the thread along to him though.
Please do! We chatted a bit on the road... a very little bit as we were in traffic (even though it wasn't moving).

He's got tattoos on each upper arm/shoulder, right?

Anyhow, it made me happy to see an STi out there...

Jumpman23... it is a pretty crazy event even after all the rules and changes...
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
he brought his car there? i heard from a coworker that a benz mechanica from the dealership rented a 2006 E320 and went to burning man with it...and some poeple repainted it and messed it up...and made like 35k worth of damage.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Rat

Originally Posted by SkylineR35GTRx
he brought his car there? i heard from a coworker that a benz mechanica from the dealership rented a 2006 E320 and went to burning man with it...and some poeple repainted it and messed it up...and made like 35k worth of damage.

That seems odd... you can't drive your car unless you are part of Burning Man LLC (such as perimeter patrol or something) so it'd have to be anchored at camp. Eh, oh well, I hope he got the insurance policy
Old 09-16-2005, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Defcon kicks burning mans ***...

to bad the pussies i was with wouldnt let me throw a box of 2000 flushes into the spa.. something about the feds watching us.. haha

i mean what are they going to do confinscate my b0xen and torture me to give them the c0d3z to get the source code for the nuclear fission reactor death beam program i wrote?? haha

Quick Reply: Saw your car at Burning Man and met you on I80...