Saw a high speed chase last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 09:52 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Saw a high speed chase last night

I was coming back from cleaning my old apartment in sf last night, to my new place in oakland - and noticed a helicopter with its lights on and i invariably made a sarcastic comment about oakland - and then i realized it was coming my way - and sure enough here comes a white pt cruiser fullblast down powell, near hollis - followed by about 5 cop cars and a helicopter to boot. It was hilariously bizarre.
Anyone else witness this or hear anything about its outcome?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by constellation
I was coming back from cleaning my old apartment in sf last night, to my new place in oakland - and noticed a helicopter with its lights on and i invariably made a sarcastic comment about oakland - and then i realized it was coming my way - and sure enough here comes a white pt cruiser fullblast down powell, near hollis - followed by about 5 cop cars and a helicopter to boot. It was hilariously bizarre.

nuts. I had that one in Watsonville...bank robber. Come up right behind me. Scared the **** out of me. I probably could have made the guy wreck and ended the chase right there but I didn't know WTF was going on.

Happened to me a few times.

In fremont like 8 years ago...fremont bank got robbed. I worked at the chevron on the corner and was walking to the atm this guy damn near runs me over. I was like..WTF bro. Then stared at him as he ran away in a red clown wig.

I then walk over to safeway and buy a sandwhich. Lady is like..did you hear. Fremont Bank just got robbed.........by a guy in clown wig.

Third time was when I live in pleasanton in like 91'. Freakin helicopter right on top of my house. Woke me up in the middle of the night. Light directily on my bedroom window. My aunt comes running in yelling at me. WTF did you do this time...get the F' out of my house...etc... I'm like I didn't do anything.

Turns out a friend of mine escaped from jail or some sort of law enforcement or some crap and ran through my yard to hide......I had a wooden storage type deal next to my weight set outside. I didn't know for a while. Guess they caught him a couple days later or something....don't remember. Weird.

oh.....and nothing in the oakland news that I can find yet.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
best highspeed chase story ever

In 1979 my dad bought a brand new panel van to haul around his dirtbike (a bul taco!) - and he went into albertsons to get some booze and whatnot for the impending date with my mom that night, which was coincedentally the first night he owned the van - but when he came out his van was STOLEN!

So, he called my mom, and they ended up just watching tv all night, but when the news came on there was a story about a highspeed chase that day involving a bank robbery, a high speed chase, and a shoot out. Of course while watching it my dad realized it was his brand new van in the chase - and watched the helicopter footage much like you would watch your favorite sports team. In the end the van was totalled, shot full of holes, splattered with blood - then handed back to him without any compensation whatsoever.

luckily the bultaco survived.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:30 AM
General Pimpin'

That is some crazy isht man. Great story but that is some bullcrap. Here's your bloody totalled brand new van we shot up...umm...don't call us..we'll call you.

What a story though. nuts.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:50 AM

Car Info: civic
enjoy your stay at oakland.

It's really not that bad....well at least not all the time.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
nuts. I had that one in Watsonville...bank robber. Come up right behind me. Scared the **** out of me. I probably could have made the guy wreck and ended the chase right there but I didn't know WTF was going on.
I also have a robbery story. When we used to write graf and skate in the city, we got done doing a piece at Psycho City and skated down the road to the nearest McDonalds on Market. We got our food and were eating when this funny looking guy walked in. Being immature teenagers, we started making fun of the guy that walked in since he looked like a homeless man and was all tore up. We continued eating our food and about 10 minutes later, like 10 or more cop cars rolled up from all sides in front of the McDonalds with their guns drawn. My friends and I are like FUQ!!!! We thought we were getting arrested for doing the piece at Psycho. One of the cops came in and was talking to one of the cops and the lady pointed down one direction down Market Street. The cop ran out, got in his car and the cops left. It turned out the guy we were making fun of performed an armed robbery at the McDonalds while we were inside. Pretty scary.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 05-26-2005, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
ahh. i miss the days i lived in socal where they had a spot in the 10 o clock news dedicated to the daily high speed chases
Old 05-26-2005, 12:37 PM

it was some lady who stole from the Colma Target store...she ended up in a dead end street in SF where she tried to run over a cop...then the cops shot her..i think shes still alive
Old 05-26-2005, 12:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by hYpE-R-29
it was some lady who stole from the Colma Target store...she ended up in a dead end street in SF where she tried to run over a cop...then the cops shot her..i think shes still alive

seriously?
Old 05-26-2005, 02:18 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

last year fremont.

the blockbuster by american HS. i was picking up my truck right next door at that repair place.

as i was pulling out, i saw a fremont PD car slowing backing up onto the sidewalk. i'm all, WTF?

as i slowly drove up fremont blvd, i see about 5 or 6 fremont PD officers scrunch down in from of the BB...

then it hit me, that place was getting rob.

a few days later, i went to the BB in newark and as i was ckecking out with a movie, i asked about that store. they confirmed it was robbed. something like they shoved all the employees in the tiny bathroom...
Old 05-26-2005, 03:50 PM

Car Info: '05 CGM WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by constellation

wow, at powell and hollis? that's like a few blocks from my apt building!! what time did this happen?