Santa Cruz County Subie Spotting...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 09:45 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by Keisatsu
Go to oregon, I swear oregon and washington buy more subarus than all the other states combined

I've heard Colorado has that title. I think the #1 delaer in the nation is in Colorado. But then don't believe everything you hear on the intarweber!
Old 08-29-2004, 11:29 AM

Car Info: '02 Black WRX 6speed MT, 05 Evo GSR, 03 M3 SMG
Originally Posted by HitMan912
i ALWAYS see a blue wagon with black rims (they look like subzeros with a silver lip) driving through pajaro, hes waved like once cuz i was late to work and he saw me in my silver wrx with the STi CF wing (replica). i work at the sturdy oil gas station. and now i also see a black wrx sedan with gold wheels and like a v.5 wing, but he never waves.
Sorry, if I have never waved but I have never seen you on the street. I have only seen ur car parked on the gas station. That G/S used to be my fill up station but since it became sturdy oil I have stayed away. And I'm the guy with the black rex, gold wheels, and 22B wing. I will definately wave if I see you.

Last edited by ElJefe; 08-29-2004 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by evo_dadi
the wrb wagon/racenut and the black wrx/el jefe.
Whats up evo dadi?? I will soon be joining the evo community as I will soon be getting an evo. MR will be my first choice but I might end up getting an RS.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:56 AM

Car Info: evo8
woot!! alright alex good luck finding an MR right now tho since most of them are already spoken for or reserved not unless you know some connections j/k either that an RS would be good also.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:09 PM

woot!! alright alex good luck finding an MR right now tho since most of them are already spoken for or reserved not unless you know some connections j/k either that an RS would be good also.
Oh, I had not thought about that. I will hit up my friend tmr to see how the list on the MR is looking. Hey man, how long has ur clutch lasted? My friend with the red evo had the clutch go out at 5k miles! I've been over at evolutionm and it seems that it is going out pretty soon, but not 5k soon.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:41 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Did the clutch BREAK or did he wear it out at 5K? Things can break anytime... but if he wore it out, then he needs to learn to drive a manual
Old 08-29-2004, 09:14 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan
Originally Posted by ElJefe
Sorry, if I have never waved but I have never seen you on the street. I have only seen ur car parked on the gas station. That G/S used to be my fill up station but since it became sturdy oil I have stayed away. And I'm the guy with the black rex, gold wheels, and 22B wing. I will definately wave if I see you.
alright alright. i saw you drive by today at 2. all slow like you were gonna do a drive by. you cruised right by the window i was standing at too. and how come you dont fill up there anymore? you know, its the exact same gas from the exact same people, we just didnt want to pay the fee's to use the exxon logo and name.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 2006 BSP LGT / 2004 JBP FXT
I can confirm to the Subies in WA and OR. There are so many that you can't keep track of. When I lived there I would see at least 2 or 3 subies every mile on almost every road. The AWD is amlost a nesecity in Portland because of the freazing rain in the winters.

Ben

Last edited by BajaNut; 08-30-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by ElJefe
Oh, I had not thought about that. I will hit up my friend tmr to see how the list on the MR is looking. Hey man, how long has ur clutch lasted? My friend with the red evo had the clutch go out at 5k miles! I've been over at evolutionm and it seems that it is going out pretty soon, but not 5k soon.
20k miles on my clutch and still has no issues*knocks on wood* from what ive noticed some cars get those problems some dont.and from jose told me the dealership wont even fix it i told him to go to another dealership since its covered by the warranty and mitsu should fix it.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:22 AM

20k miles on my clutch and still has no issues*knocks on wood* from what ive noticed some cars get those problems some dont.and from jose told me the dealership wont even fix it i told him to go to another dealership since its covered by the warranty and mitsu should fix it.

I see, yeah I told him the same thing. Hopefully he will get it fixed, it kind of sucks sthat the dealers are giving him a hard time. Either way, I'm still gonna get my evo soon, I'm shooting for yellow and some black wheels. Or possibly, red with bronze wheels.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by HitMan912
alright alright. i saw you drive by today at 2. all slow like you were gonna do a drive by. you cruised right by the window i was standing at too. and how come you dont fill up there anymore? you know, its the exact same gas from the exact same people, we just didnt want to pay the fee's to use the exxon logo and name.
Seriously?? I thought that they had changed to some other, weird name co, and that kind of scared me away. Yep, that was me passing by yesterday. I actually busted a u when I saw ur car there, I didnt see you though. You have a nice ride man, it looks pretty clean. I might stop by today to fill up as I'm at 1/4 full.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Racenut
Did the clutch BREAK or did he wear it out at 5K? Things can break anytime... but if he wore it out, then he needs to learn to drive a manual

It seems that it wore out very quickly. He did get the car with about 150 miles on it, and he also got it for 25k. That might explain why he got it so cheap! Also, about 1k miles before it actually gave out, whenever the turbo came online the clutch would begin to slip. Lets say you were in 2nd @ 2k rpms and you went WOT, right at around 3k the clutch would begin to slip even though it was fully engaged. It was acting kinda weird since before it actually went out. I dont personally think it was him wearing out the clutch because I have smoked the clutch on mine so badly that the car wouldnt go anywhere. And I still drive around without any problems and I'm at 30k miles.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB 4EAT VF34 Kit w/AP
Originally Posted by Keisatsu
Go to oregon, I swear oregon and washington buy more subarus than all the other states combined

I can confirm that. I had to do a job in Wash. Had to drive from Seattle to Chelan and I swear, half the cars on the road were subies and the other half was a mix of everything else.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:50 PM

hey wassup darren how you been man

btw any of you guys going to the meet at suby dude tomorrow?

Last edited by evo_dadi; 08-30-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
hey wassup darren how you been man

btw any of you guys going to the meet at suby dude tomorrow?

what's this all about? UCKK is tomorrow...but if they're doing something at subydude I might stop by...want to see the grids.

Quick Reply: Santa Cruz County Subie Spotting...