Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Russian Navy Captures Somalian Pirates

http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html

Reciting what a friend posted on gunatics.com

RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALIAN PIRATES

This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English. All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalia pirates.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
"Why do you lie to me? This is not a fishing boat!"
Bravo, Russia, Bravo!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
"Why do you lie to me? This is not a fishing boat!"
Bravo, Russia, Bravo!
Yeah, seriously... Good job Russia!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
holy bad assedness
Old 12-09-2010, 05:32 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
'this is russiaaaa'
Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
"in russia, we jack you!"
Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
wait they handcuffed the pirates than blew up the ship with them in it? LOL dont think pirates will **** with russia no more
Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 PM

Car Info: Nadda
U.S. should learn to make a statement like this. Fak with Russians, you die, none survive.

United States would call on Somalia to hold their pirates back or some stupid diplomatic stuff. And then not fire til fired upon crap. LoL, good for Russia. U.S. needs to go back to the old and slay 'em all

Then the U.S. would bring them all back where they get the best healthcare and hold them without reason and give them trial in a U.S. Court with some lawyers.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-09-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:26 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
The Dutch Marines don't **** around when it comes to dealing with pirates either...

Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
U.S. should learn to make a statement like this. Fak with Russians, you die, none survive.

United States would call on Somalia to hold their pirates back or some stupid diplomatic stuff. And then not fire til fired upon crap. LoL, good for Russia. U.S. needs to go back to the old and slay 'em all

Then the U.S. would bring them all back where they get the best healthcare and hold them without reason and give them trial in a U.S. Court with some lawyers.
Agreed, you can thank all our left wingers for that one. I think this kind of action NEEDS to be taken to prevent further attacks, though I dont think any US ships will really be the choice of targeting after all that has transpired. All the pirates want is to get in and out as fast as possible with ransom money without trouble, the more trouble you give them the less they will attack you because it's too much of a risk. They know that if they attack a US ship/boat that the USA will never stop looking for them, and will most likely find them eventually even if they manage to get away, which they wont.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:26 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by iLoqin

I thought we had two head shots on some pirates with in this year.

but this is more better
Old 12-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
I thought we had two head shots on some pirates with in this year.

but this is more better
Yeah, after it was way drawn out and after the pirates posed an "imminent" threat to the captain. They should have shot those pirates as soon as they had a killshot in their sights. Why wait? You think they are going to give up? They have nothing to live for as it is, but not knowing the fate that waits for you (prison? Arrested for kidnapping/terrorism/etc), they don't have much to hang on to, and sadly a lot of them are religious so they think they are going some place better, and thats why they should be nipped in the bud. Why even allow the pirates to have the captains life in such danger? They should get rid of the threat before it can turn into a "imminent" threat.

Imminent = They are about to kill the captain, as in, they are fearing that the pirates have run out of patients and want to kill the captain. Why wait till this can even happen!?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
sadly a lot of them are religious so they think they are going some place better, and thats why they should be nipped in the bud.
I think I am going some where better when I die. I am not a bible thumper but I do believe
Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 AM

Car Info: Reason
I know I am going some where better when I die. I am not a bible thumper but I do believe

ditto + added my edit.

also, the pidgin russian/english on this video is clutch.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:33 AM

I think I am going some where better when I die. I am not a bible thumper but I do believe
You're educated and believe in what you do because you choose to, not because you were forced to believe by brainwashing and low education = terrorists. They believe that doing more harm will get them to a better level of paradise, lol...

I believe in things too, more of a sci approach but I still do believe in afterlife of sorts, all done by my own brain, my parents raised me roman catholic and made me go through sunday school classes, and even graduate at the highest point of the catholic sunday school (which is like 5 years worth of sunday school + homework), yet we don't kill so we can get into paradise, we kill because we're out of oil... Erm, wait, that's the wrong conversation! My bad...

Back on point, these guys are brainwashed villiage idiots trained to kill people in very crude ways, all in the name of god and "peace". As soon as you add the human element to something, you can expect it to explode as it kills itself, and not in the innovative way

Quick Reply: Russian Navy Captures Somalian Pirates