RS25.com Asking for Handouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:24 AM

Car Info: Saabaru
As lame as you guys make it out to be, money is money. He's getting the money in the end; it seems people are actually donating to the cause. It could be a scheme to sell more premium accounts as well, but money is money.

If you don't like it, don't donate, I wouldn't donate because I don't even know who this guy is.

Last edited by lazybummm; 03-01-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 06' White GDF 18x10 Wrong Fitment Crew #001
he nicely asked, he didnt begged.

i donated, because its someone who asked for help.

if ur not gonna help, why bother posting?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by ommmjido
he nicely asked, he didnt begged.

i donated, because its someone who asked for help.

if ur not gonna help, why bother posting?
Why bother posting... Because this is a discussion forum, and we are discussing the topic at hand. I didn't post on RS25.com because I am not donating at this time. THIS thread however is a discussion about THAT thread and email.

The way I see it, I get lots of emails asking for stuff and it's up to me to do whatever with it. Donate or don't, it doesn't make any difference to anyone else other than the person donating and the person benefitting from it.

If I knew this guy or had extra cash then I probably would have. However, I chose not to. I participated in this discussion which was also my choice.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:23 PM

if someone ask for help, especially only a few bucks, i'd help. if ur not willing to help, that fine. but dont make it harder on the person himself. im pretty sure he has consider what would ppl think of him when he ask for money like this, but he still did it. why? because this is a once in a life time thing and he really wants to give his wife a good time.

bottom line is, if ur not willing to help, thats fine. but dont worsen the situation by saying things that doesnt benifit urself.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
do you guys know the site owner or visit that site often?

when someone you know gets married, sends you an invitation and creates a registry online of what gifts they want, do you call them a begger?

Last edited by JZ oo7; 03-01-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:46 PM

Car Info: '15 WRX
Can i get vip status if i donate 5 dollars to i-club?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ommmjido
if someone ask for help, especially only a few bucks, i'd help. if ur not willing to help, that fine. but dont make it harder on the person himself. im pretty sure he has consider what would ppl think of him when he ask for money like this, but he still did it. why? because this is a once in a life time thing and he really wants to give his wife a good time.

bottom line is, if ur not willing to help, thats fine. but dont worsen the situation by saying things that doesnt benifit urself.
How am I making "it" harder on the site owner of RS25.com by participating in a discussion here on I-club? Should I also not discuss things on web forums with my friends? Why is it not OK for me to voice my opinion, but it's OK for others to do so? What am I saying that doesn't benefit myself?

I really want to have a good time when I get married, so I am going to do everything I can to do that. This does not include hitting up all the countless people I have done free car work for cash. This is just the way I do things, and I am not saying that anyone else should be like me.

I also did not post in the forum on RS25.com since I am not donating. This thread here though is different. I also didn't say anything bad or even not nice about the owner of RS25.com. I also said if I knew him I would have donated. I don't understand what the problem is here.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
do you guys know the site owner or visit that site often?

when someone you know gets married, sends you an invitation and creates a registry online of what gifts they want, do you call them a begger?
No, I do not know him. I visit the site occasionally and until recently when I hit a curb and needed help, all I did was post information in an attempt to help other members with similar issues I have already been through (CEL issues, flywheel, etc).

Why on Earth would I ever call a friend a beggar in the situation you mentioned above? Did I ever call anyone a beggar? This is gettin' silly... Donate or don't. End of story.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
No, I do not know him. I visit the site occasionally and until recently when I hit a curb and needed help, all I did was post information in an attempt to help other members with similar issues I have already been through (CEL issues, flywheel, etc).

Why on Earth would I ever call a friend a beggar in the situation you mentioned above? Did I ever call anyone a beggar? This is gettin' silly... Donate or don't. End of story.
yo, relax...i wasn't talking about you. LOL

yea, i agree on the donate or not part, but a lot of members here started judging what type of person he is by one email.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 PM

Car Info: MY03 WRX (SOLD)/1997 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 w/4.5" lift
Originally Posted by motoracr22
Anyone else get the spam?

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthrea...7&page=1&pp=20

Personally, I think that's pretty lame...
wow! that e-mail took me back. i almost wanted to e-mail the guy back and tell him im broke too, do you wanna help me with my wedding when i get married? but right on to him if he does get enough money.
SubaruCrazy=no donation
sorry

Last edited by SubaruCrazy; 03-01-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by verc
Don't be jealous just because he had a great idea. Just like SaveToby as well.

In the end you can call these people lowlifes, proudly state that you have higher moral standards, etc. etc. but it's the anonymous internet and at the end of the day the guy's got a wad of cash.
I got $3 to my name right now, but you wont see me begging for something I dont deserve, you can beg for anything you want, but at the end of the day if you didnt earn it for yourself, it doesnt mean ****. If he wants soemthing from the site members he helps out he should charge for membership.

Also, wouldn't a donation be to a charity or someone mopre needy then yourself? Isn't he really just asking for gifts from people?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
How am I making "it" harder on the site owner of RS25.com by participating in a discussion here on I-club? Should I also not discuss things on web forums with my friends? Why is it not OK for me to voice my opinion, but it's OK for others to do so? What am I saying that doesn't benefit myself?

I really want to have a good time when I get married, so I am going to do everything I can to do that. This does not include hitting up all the countless people I have done free car work for cash. This is just the way I do things, and I am not saying that anyone else should be like me.

I also did not post in the forum on RS25.com since I am not donating. This thread here though is different. I also didn't say anything bad or even not nice about the owner of RS25.com. I also said if I knew him I would have donated. I don't understand what the problem is here.
"Why is it not OK for me to voice my opinion, but it's OK for others to do so?"
what i said wasnt direct at u, it was direct at everyone who posted negative comments in this thread. so dont take it personally.

"How am I making "it" harder on the site owner of RS25.com by participating in a discussion here on I-club?"
if he sees this thread wouldnt it give him hard feelings? i guess u wouldnt know if u dont consider other ppl's feelings.

"What am I saying that doesn't benefit myself?"
the negative comments that u' gave.

again not ONE thing that i've said was direct at u, i dunno why u took it personally. all i was trying to do is asked ppl to be nice. there is freedom of speech, by no means im trying to stop u guys from saying anything. if u enjoy critizicing thats ur choice. however down the road if u were the one who's asking for help, im sure u wouldnt want to see all these negative comments either. u might say this would never happen to u. but u never know, anything is possible.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

Just playing devil's advocate and offering a different point of view. Going to unsubscribe now.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
im going to send him a penny and then request it back
Old 03-01-2006, 10:05 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by kspek
im going to send him a penny and then request it back
i'll double that... hahaahha

Quick Reply: RS25.com Asking for Handouts