Ron Price VW/Subaru sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 04:28 PM

Angry Ron Price VW/Subaru sucks

I saw the Carlsen thread and thought i should post a complaint about Ron Price Subaru as well.

Back when I was shopping for my wrx (back in April 2003), I went to Ron Price and we did the usual test drive and the negotiations. Well, I was getting a lot of BS from them so I walked out.

Yesterday, not surprisingly, the BS still continues.

Eric (SfMiamiWrx) and I went in to Ron Price VW/Subaru for our $25 coupon to test drive a Legacy or Outback. I didn't want to go there because of the previous experience that I had with them, but they were the closest Subaru dealer to us.

So we walked in to the dealership on the VW side, and since I didn't have any pockets to store the coupon, I walked in with it in my hand. This must've alerted the salesmen because they were at the Information Counter and started walking around like they were busy when we came in.

Since there were no salesmen to help us, we went over to the Subaru side and found 2 salesmen. One was at a desk and looked at us, and then quickly stared back down at his papers looking busy, and the other stepped outside. We took a look at the cars for awhile since everyone was "busy". After about 40 minutes passed and nobody came to help us or ask us if we have any questions, we decided to confront the salesmen at the desk about the coupon. He tells us that he can't do that and that we should go to the VW side and ask the guy at the Information Counter.

So we walked over to the VW side and then we confronted one of the guys that work there about the test drive (he was standing around talking to the other employees), he says "I'm sorry but I can't speak to anybody after 3 pm because then I would be here till 9 pm". We just wanted to ask him about the coupon. Also, he was behind the "Information Counter" The tool starts laughing with his other co-workers after we looked around for somebody else.

So we go to another person and he says "Sorry, I can't do that for you either," and ask this woman named Kay Sinphanie to help us. She comes up to us and tells us flatly, that they won't allow us to test drive because they're "short on staff" and "paid on commission" and "time is money" bs. She also tells us that she doesn't allow "kids" to test drive. It wasn't like we were under 24, and wearing ghetto clothes or whatnot When we were there, we saw at least 5 salesmen standing around either smoking or trying to avoid us. Anyways, she tells us to give her the cards so that she can fill them out. While she starts filling them out she says "In the meantime, why don't you guys go look at the cars and play with them". I told her we already looked at the cars for a good half hour.

She filled out the cards, and Eric (who was also pissed off with all the BS) went over to the guys who were trying to give us the run around and ask them what their names are. The tool who told us that he couldn't talk to us (even though he wasn't even working) started freaking out and saying how he couldn't talk to anybody after 3 pm and all this other BS excuses. Eric kept asking for his name, and he wouldn't give it. I asked the guy "What's wrong with you? He's just asking for your name. Calm down." He still freaks out until his other co-worker told him to "chill". He finally gives out his first name (can't remember it though) and we leave. While we were about to step out of the door, the tools start laughing at us again.

In the beginning, it wasn't a matter of whether we could test drive the Legacy or not, we would've been just fine with a salesman filling out our coupons in a nice enough manner. But the way they BS us, gave us the run around, and basically ignored us till we confronted them, really pissed us off. If they were nice, everything would have been fine.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys/gals know before you go in to that dealership with the $25 test drive a Legacy/Outback coupon or go in looking to buy a car for that matter.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:58 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

send the same thing to SOA... ask them why they print out the coupons and you have nowhere to use them...
Old 07-10-2004, 08:25 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by ldivinag
send the same thing to SOA... ask them why they print out the coupons and you have nowhere to use them...

I agree.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:50 PM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
Yah, Ron Price SUCKS ****!!! they gave me the run around last year too when i was in the market for my wrx... that's why i bought it @ Carlsen...
Old 07-11-2004, 09:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
If you were interested in buying the car, then yes, they were dicks. If you were farting around trying to make a quick $25, I can't really blame them for acting that way, since their time IS money. Hopefully the $25 was worth you wasting an hour of your time. lol
Old 07-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
One day I will go to all the dealerships in the area and try to "act" stupid and see what kind of a service I would get. I dare any of them to tell me to go play with cars.

Yeah, I think I will do the Bay Area dealer inspection tour to evaluate the service. Of course, I will report to SOA and to you guys...
Old 07-11-2004, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: silver MIAMI wrx in the bay area
the saleman's name was Greg and Art.

thank for hearing us out.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
I went to Ron Price for the same 25 test drive, and I got a very similar response from the sales team there. As soon as we walked in everyone there looked "busy" and avoided us by either ducking into an office or just plain leaving the building. Also they told me it would take a long time to get a test drive because of a "computer failure" due to keys being electronically locked.

so um they suck.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:39 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Well, I contacted SOA and they apologized and said they would look into the issues at both the Carlsen and Ron Price dealerships. It's really given me a bad taste in my mouth. I'm now considering selling my car and get a TL. This issue and the banning of people because of a bad feedback that may or may not be called for in conjunction with the way they treat warranty claims, it's left me a little miffed. Oh well. Hopefully it gets better.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
last time I went to Ron Price was ~8 years ago. that tells you how badly it sucked!!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon black
thank for letting us know have fun